Convergence (AKA "WTF DC 2:Electric Boogaloo")

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
Honestly, I just posted this thread because I have no idea what the hell this is supposed to be, or do, or whatever. An 8-issue mini-series and 40 2-part tie-ins. How do they even expect people to keep track of this stuff?

I don't know what's going on with it but I'd have been more interested if the title actually included "Electric Boogaloo"

Meh, not excited for it myself. Only thing I know about it is that they will bring the 'old' and the new 52 back together. I expect a messy interdimensional showdown thingy. And then everybody gets a new origin (again).

Also, Trinity War hasn't even started yet. Two major crossover events back to back seems kinda lame.

Yeah, I've been hearing about Convergence for a while but still have no idea what it's all about. I'm just hoping it's not something I need to read. If it's something I don't wanna check out, especially with all those tie in, I want to be able to just keep reading my usual titles and know what's going on, not have it all tied to some mega event in another book.

Oh poo I just read the Wiki

Looks like this finishes off what Futures End started so I'm going to have to read it :(

Luckily it's only 2 months worth of weeklys unlike 11 months for Futures End

To be fair though I have absolutely enjoyed every minute of Futures End it's been a brilliant run & I'm currently only up to issue 31.

If they can make this work & not go all stupid & ruin everything that came before it then I've no real problem with it.

However if you've not read Futures End I have a feeling this will be totally wasted & utterly confusing.

Neil

Essentially this feels like "Crisis Lite" they use Brainiac to unleash multiverse characters into the mix. The New 52 timeline was already superconfusing :lol

Back