The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get The Transformers: The Movie (1986) on DVD or watch it? Is the film out of print?

I don't want to pay those out of print prices and I would love to have it to go with my Transformers: The Complete Series.

The Monster,
Nick

There isn't a recent release so if you can find it you'll have to pay secondary market prices. I don't know what you're wanting to spend but check Amazon and eBay frequently and be patient for one to pop up within your price range.

Many years ago I bought the complete series off of EBay, and the movie was included. Default setting was Chinese, and they may have been bootlegs, but the quality was pretty good for the shows.

I think I have this on every format imaginable...excluding Laserdisc & I plan to fix that eventually :)

You can get an Australian Blu-Ray at the moment I have the UK release which went OOP a long time ago

My best version though is my 20th Anniversary DVD that had great features & looked fantastic.

I think I have this on every format imaginable...excluding Laserdisc & I plan to fix that eventually :)

You can get an Australian Blu-Ray at the moment I have the UK release which went OOP a long time ago

My best version though is my 20th Anniversary DVD that had great features & looked fantastic.

so are you saying that the 20th Anniversary DVD is the best one to go with? I just don't want to pay those prices for a used DVD, Know what I'm saying?

Last edited:
Weren't there several cuts of the movie on home video? If I recall I own two of them that had different intros.

What I do know for sure that the blu ray is a collector's item nowadays hence why I held on to my DVD copies.

so are you saying that the 20th Anniversary DVD is the best one to go with? I just don't to pay those prices for a used DVD, Know what I'm saying?

It's the one I prefer.

My Blu-Ray is really cut down on the extras the 20th Anniversary was 2 Disc IIRC & had a ton of stuff on it.

And to my eyes the PQ between the 20th Anni & my BD are negligible...in fact I'd say the DVD looks better.

I never realised they had increased in price so much.

Neil

You're talking about the old cartoon movie, right? I've got a spare, if you want to pay the shipping, you can have it.

Just found my old Region-3 DVD, load it up and it was the cut that had the stupid Star Wars scrolling text that totally drowns the Transformers theme. :lol

16104135918_f339eb1d0d_z.jpg

I've got the 20th Anniversary DVD somewhere :lol. I didn't know the movie was so hard to find these days.

Back