Star Wars Centerpieces

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
So Jabba is going to end up being the focal point for most SW collections for the foreseeable future, and I was thinking that maybe (over the course of many years so as to not drive me to the poorhouse) Sideshow might make a set like Jabba for each film. Any ideas as to what scenes for the other movies might get this kinda treatment?

Original Trilogy:
SW:
Cantina: maybe, lotsa weird looking aliens there, but maybe too similar to Jabba
Death Star Escape:
This would make Ben and Vader the focal point of this movie, but without a giant creature like Jabba

ESB:
Hoth: I hope Sideshow makes a giant Wampa
Dagobah: Some part of Yoda's hut would be great!
Executor: A nice place to line up some scum, but kinda plain.
Bespin: People have mentioned the Carbon Freeze chamber, awesome idea, and it could have a variety of figures around it, like the Jabba throne

ROTJ:
Jabba: 'Nuff Said

Prequel Trilogy
TPM:
Maybe the scene with Qui-Gon, Obi and Maul in Naboo
Jedi Council: a cool way to get some place to put all the Jedi we already have

AOTC:
Geonosis Arena: The cat monster (Nexu?) seems possible, but the bigger creatures seem unlikely

ROTS:
Mustafar: Maybe the exclusive is a limbless Anakin!

Just a few ideas, but I am really curious to see what your ideas might be!

AOTC: Geonosis Hangar
ROTJ: Emperor's Throneroom. Nuff said!
ROTS: Chancellor's Podium for Yoda and Sid to fight on.

Funny, I was just thinking about this earlier in a response in another thread.

For ANH, Cantina would be fun as far as critters and aliens, but for having all the major characters present, I'd rather have a portion of the DS Docking Bay (unrealistic, I know).

CFC on Bespin is my ideal set-up. I just love all the characters being present, heroes and villains.

The Geonosis arena will give you a spot for pretty much all of the cool prequel Jedi characters, as well as Dooku and Jango and all three kinds of battle droids, some cool monsters, Geonosians, clones, etc. Not a bad idea.

The Emperor's Throne Room from Jedi is a must. Or at LEAST his throne and the spiderweb window behind it.

I think the cokpit to Falccon or the room where Luke trained with the remote would be cool as well.

But most of all, I'm in love with the idea of a Carbon Freeze chamber! That would be sooooo awesome!!

I can see the Jedi Council being made in sets. We'd need seats for Mace, Plo, Kit, and Obi-Wan, and Anakin (RotS version, although TPM and AotC had only a few differences).

Yeah Carbon freezing chamber would be classic and the Emp's throne room but the dining room where Vader captures Han an Co. could work also.

But wouldn't a lot of "display sets" make it difficult to display your figures? I mean, you need a large table for Jabba's throne, another for this Jedi Council, and so on.

Its fun to think about, and I'd love a "key set" from each film... but I'd run out of room really fast that way with 6 large scale "sets". I got those Galoob sets back in the day and I even ran out of room for them at one point.

If I had a spare room just for display like Gruson, I'd be all over this.

I'd really like a Falcon cokpit too, that would be great, you could have Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, Luke, R2-D2 and C-3PO. And of course the Emperor's Throne is a must.

For TPM, you could have Amidala's desk, you could have Panaka, Battle Droids, Sabe (Keira Knightly) Nute Gunray and Rune Haako.

I bet the Palpatine PF will come with the throne a la Attakus.

For me the Falcon cokpit is a must because of all the levels it works on.

You can so many cool sequences it's not funny. I'd defintely opt for the Asteroid feild though.

Argueably it'd be expensive, and there are those who would want a toy (lights/sounds) but I think if painted correctly they could pull it off with out gimmicks and still keep the price somewhat minimal. I mean the throne is what $150 or something like that? And how much were the trench or wall peices they released years back?

Yeah, I'm pretty much fixated on the Falcon.:D

Then again...What about Tantive IV hallway peices? Similar in desigm to the walls released for the WWII figures. You could build your own Tantive IV setup as big or small as you want it. They could two or three variations on the wall and the doorway could be a seaparte peice.

How sweet would that be!:rotfl

I wasn't really thinking about environments that included walls or such, as Sideshow items like this in the past have been somewhat limited, but I think both this and the LOTR line are ripe with possibilities to flesh out displays. The Emperor's Throne is a must! I also like the idea of the Falcon ****pit, but it might look strange out of context, just the disembodied seats and such.

I am just a big diorama fan with big dreams about what is possible, but not enough time or skill to actually make some.

I still think the Carbon Freezing Chamber is a natural. It was literally a platform with a floating unseen ceiling so it could work on the level the throne works -- without walls and such. The only trick is figuring out how to have that overhead hook contraption hang over the "set".

Shai Hulud said:
I bet the Palpatine PF will come with the throne a la Attakus.

If they can pull off something like the Dr. Doom PF, then Palpatine on his throne should be a walk in the park. Way more detail in Doom's throne and look how that turned out! Just get a good head sculpt, and the outfit and throne shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

The two would actually make a nice set of bookends (for really large books).

I'm glad Xander already mentioned the Tantive IV hallway. It's one of the most recognizable locations in the saga, and includes all of our favorite people! Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Stromtroopers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Captain Antilles, Imperial Officers, R2 and 3PO with various other R2 units, and a really simple design that would be easy to make into a dynamic environment. And as if that weren't enough, you can use it for Bail Organa, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda if you prefer the prequel trilogy instead. It's iconic, it's dynamic, and it's fun--what more could we want? :cool:

I'd like to see a portion of the ewok village myself. It was the biggest playset I had as a kid. They could almost do it as sort of a shelf system, perfect for displaying ROTJ figures.

Some sort of Utapau environment would be cool to. Think about it. It featured Obi-Wan, Grievous, Grievous' bodyguards, all the Separatist leaders, all the various Battle Droids plus big spider droids, Grievous' wheelbike, huge riding creatures, Commander Cody, two different styles of clone troopers, Utapau dignitaries, little lizard wrangler guys, and an astromech!

I think the most likely candidates are The Emperor's Throneroom (crosses fingers) and a Tauntaun. Maybe we'll get Bacta Luke with 2-1B Medical Droid!
Vader's Surgical Table would be cool, too.

Back