Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Fornat vs Quarter Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do YOU prefer?

• Total voters

RetroSeagull

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post so I hope i can get some good discussion going. Since this is my first thread I apologize for any grammar mistakes or errors in terminology.

I've been trying to decide over the last few weeks on whether to purchase the Sideshow Collectible Boba Fett Premium Format or the Hot Toys Quarter scale Boba Fett. This is my first purchase of a figure larger than 1/6 scale and in my opinion both figures are equally as impressive.

So I've decided to ask the community of Sideshows Freaks and Star Wars fans everywhere "which one do you prefer?" Which one of these figures looks to have the most bang for its buck and will live up to the expectations for the infamous Mandalorian?

Hopefully through this discussion I'll be able to reach a decision more quickly on which to buy and will have more information on both Sideshow and Hot Toys so I can build the perfect collection.

Which do YOU prefer?

Boba Fett Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles

OR

Boba Fett Quarter Scale by Hot Toys

Edit: This post is not simply to help me make a decision. It is more to get the opinions of the community here at Sideshow Freaks. In the future, I hope to post more discussions like this one and get some good discussions going on which items are most anticipated by the community.

Hello everyone, this is my first post so I hope i can get some good discussion going. Since this is my first thread I apologize for any grammar mistakes or errors in terminology.

I've been trying to decide over the last few weeks on whether to purchase the Sideshow Collectible Boba Fett Premium Format or the Hot Toys Quarter scale Boba Fett. This is my first purchase of a figure larger than 1/6 scale and in my opinion both figures are equally as impressive.

So I've decided to ask the community of Sideshows Freaks and Star Wars fans everywhere "which one do you prefer?" Which one of these figures looks to have the most bang for its buck and will live up to the expectations for the infamous Mandalorian?

Hopefully through this discussion I'll be able to reach a decision more quickly on which to buy and will have more information on both Sideshow and Hot Toys so I can build the perfect collection.

Which do YOU prefer?

Boba Fett Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles

OR

Boba Fett Quarter Scale by Hot Toys

I think the perfect collection is made up of what you like and not others..:) I think it's perfectly okay to mix... 1/6 and 1/4 and life-size and 1/2 scale items... it's your collection and it's what makes you happy..:) I say collect from your heart....If your into Fett, maybe both are for you,, the SSC PF statue is static and the HT is poseable... I'm going the HT version for the posability... but if that didn't exist I would go the SSC way....

Last edited:
Hot Toys. Fully clothed figure with no visible joints means that it is going to look like a statue in your display anyways and you can repose it at will. Great base as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys! I prefer ESB Fett, but the possibility options of the HT ROTJ Fett make it the clear winner. In some of the photos it looks like Fett walked off the movie set. Best Star Wars figure they've previewed thus far IMHO.

Go with what you like best.

I have both the PF and other HT1/6 figures. Both look great. I think the 1/4 scale ROTJ Fett is going to be a killer piece, but being that I am a bigger fan of his ESB look, I went with SS newest Fett PF.

Don't worry about what others would buy, worry about what you want.

Perhaps my initial post was misleading. I did not post this thread simply to make my own choice but rather to get some feedback on both Hot Toys and Sideshow from experienced collectors. I'm very new to collecting so it is helpful to hear from those who have been collecting for some time. Also, I hope to post similar discussions like this one in the future to see what items the community is most excited to see. All input is greatly appreciated.

this is a tough one for sure.. I go with the PF because I love the base and I like the ESB outfit a tat better... ..

But i would take the HT over the first PF ...

I'll go with HT 1:4, for several reasons:

- It's just more accurate and detailed overall
- You know the production piece will look as good as the prototype
- Poseability, and that means more display options
- Very cool accessories
- That display stand is beyond awesome
- More "bang for the buck"
- Just opinion: While TESB is clearly the superior film, I actually find the ROTJ Fett color scheme more aesthetically pleasing

That stand is pretty cool for the HT version. Much better than their usual stands. Thank God that it's not a flight stand because of the jetpack. Those things are obnoxious enough in 1/6 scale. Interesting that they decided not to post any pictures with the "crotch grabber" with the figure. Just the one zoomed out pic that shows the bottom of it.

if I would get the HT .. I would drill a little whole in one foot and the base and use a peg ....

How confident are you in your ability to pose a 1/4 scale figure in a way that doesn't make it look like a doll? If you think that you can rock the figure and do it justice, then try your hand with the Hot Toys figure.

But the nice thing about statues is that the artistic bit has already been done for you. Pop it out of the box, put it on a shelf, straighten a bit of costume here and there, and it's done.

Poseable figures are a labor of love, and a commitment that goes beyond the acquisition of the figure. They're work. It's a hobby that goes far beyond the collecting aspect, because the art part doesn't end at the assembly line. When you get the figure, it's nothing more than a box of promise. How it ultimately looks is up to you.

How confident are you in your ability to pose a 1/4 scale figure in a way that doesn't make it look like a doll? If you think that you can rock the figure and do it justice, then try your hand with the Hot Toys figure.

But the nice thing about statues is that the artistic bit has already been done for you. Pop it out of the box, put it on a shelf, straighten a bit of costume here and there, and it's done.

Poseable figures are a labor of love, and a commitment that goes beyond the acquisition of the figure. They're work. It's a hobby that goes far beyond the collecting aspect, because the art part doesn't end at the assembly line. When you get the figure, it's nothing more than a box of promise. How it ultimately looks is up to you.

:goodpost:

How confident are you in your ability to pose a 1/4 scale figure in a way that doesn't make it look like a doll?
Pretty confident based on the pictures already shown with the prototype (some of which are iconic Fett poses).

But the nice thing about statues is that the artistic bit has already been done for you.
Right, but sometimes that "artistic bit" is actually lame and not a good representation of the movie character. I'm not saying that's the case with the Sideshow ESB Fett PF. It's actually one of their better poses, and does seem to capture the essence of Fett, which is the most important thing. But they've also been known to go off the rails with PF poses... Jedi Luke instantly comes to mind. But, again, this Fett PF is nice. It's just that if I had to choose one, the 1:4 HT is clearly the better option, for me. And for multiple reasons stated above.

I'm getting both. I want an Esb and rotj Fett in 1/4. That said I haven't committed to the Pf yet (waitlist) whereas I've ordered the HT. The HT is stunning and the lack of joints makes it look like a statue. The weight of the pf is interesting. I know the last fett pf was vinyl and I wonder if this one will be too. (not that it's an issue, I have the Mos pf and he's fab).

You gotta get what speaks to YOU most, not necessarily what the popular vote is. What do you need it to do? Or do you like the fixed pose? It's a bit of a loaded question.

In my personal opinion, Premium Boba has a very dynamic pose that is appealing since the quarter scale will not able to be set in such away also love the Bespin base. The detail in Boba himself in the 1/4 scale, however, by far surpasses that of the premium. What its gonna come down for me mostly is aesthetics vs detail.

You definitely can't go wrong with either of this figures but the reason I posted this thread was not to have others make the decision for me. More so, I wished to get some feedback on experience collectors in order to learn more about Sideshow and Hot Toys. In the future, I also hope to post more discussions like this one as it'll be interesting to get opinions on which figures the community of Sideshow Freaks is anticipating, especially between Premium Formats and the new line of quarter scales that Hot Toys is currently planning.

You're comparing figures to figures though twelveinchfigures (and most likely 1/6 figures at that). This is a 1/4 Premium Format vs a 1/4 figure. Sideshow and 1/4 scale mixed media statues have been in bed with one another for a long time. It's their bread and butter and they handle them well. Really, really well IMO.

That said, I think you can't go wrong with either purchase. To me though, the Sideshow PF is the more complete package. The Bespin base, the pose, the ESB armor, the little pose-ability options it offers....all appeal to me. Plus, I already own a 1/6 ROTJ Fett so I'm getting the SS.

Back