Damn, did the prices go up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought one of these as one of my first Sideshow 12" figures from eBay earlier last year for about 16 plus shipping that came it to 21 shipped.
I had no idea there was such a demand for it now:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200064806716&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:71&isfrommerc=1&refitem=200064804222&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=watch_reminder_email&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refitem=200064804222&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=watch_reminder_email&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&isfrommerc=1

And I bought this one for 55 shipped December, 2005:

https://cgi.ebay.com/12-SideShow-DRACULA-SSE-Bela-Lugosi-Bonus-Print_W0QQitemZ200064786589QQihZ010QQcategoryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The craziest part is that mine were bought MIB, while these have been previously opened.

Listen up Sideshow, this is a sign that Classic Monsters are still in demand! I must have my 12" Ygor and Claude Rains Phantom NOW!

Last edited:
I think that all the ''old lines'' that Sideshow keeps neglecting will gain some great values...+ those SSE of the Uni-Monsters are some of the best 12'' of those characters ever.

Shai Hulud said:
I think that all the ''old lines'' that Sideshow keeps neglecting will gain some great values...+ those SSE of the Uni-Monsters are some of the best 12'' of those characters ever.
Totally agree Shai. The SSE versions of some of these guys look really creepy.

I love the SSE Monsters. If the SSE are available for a character, I will definitely choose it over the color one (with the exception of the Creature, since I bought the color verion dirt cheap) almost every time.

My only regret is that the entire 12" line wasn't made with this option.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
I love the SSE Monsters. If the SSE are available for a character, I will definitely choose it over the color one (with the exception of the Creature, since I bought the color verion dirt cheap) almost every time.

My only regret is that the entire 12" line wasn't made with this option.
Yeah, I would love a bride sse, frank from bride sse, fritz sse, renfeld sse, and a larry talbot sse.

I'm glad I bought my SSE figures when the originally came out (especially the Creature). It really is too bad they didn't do a SSE Bride.

minivader said:
twilight zone was probably their best at that time. wish there was more they could do.

I totally agree. The Twilight Zone figures are some of my favorites.

The Doctor and Nurse from twilight Zone are still some of my favorites 12'' released by them.I still own a set.

No, the Frank is just an anomaly! Two bidders, one a noob, drove the price up. Two MIB Frank SSE sold on January 3rd, one for $36, the other, from Oluf, for $42. The same winning bidder of the Frank, also drove up the Dracula against another bidder, but the Dracula is harder to find, so it isn't quite as far above the norm as the Frank was.

lcummins said:
No, the Frank is just an anomaly! Two bidders, one a noob, drove the price up. Two MIB Frank SSE sold on January 3rd, one for $36, the other, from Oluf, for $42. The same winning bidder of the Frank, also drove up the Dracula against another bidder, but the Dracula is harder to find, so it isn't quite as far above the norm as the Frank was.
yeah, the dracs have been going for 65-75 recently.

Bannister said:
yeah, the dracs have been going for 65-75 recently.

Yeah, both the color and SSE Draculas have always been more expensive in the 12" line... just as they were in the 8" line... curious... :confused:

lcummins said:
Yeah, both the color and SSE Draculas have always been more expensive in the 12" line... just as they were in the 8" line... curious... :confused:
even more curious since the 1/4 scale dracs go for under retail.

I am happy to say I won that guy's SSE Wolfman for 30.50 shipped!

I have collected the Sideshow Monster line since the 8" figures, and this is my first Sideshow Chaney Jr/Wolf Man figure in any scale. I have the Werewolf of London as the SSE 8" figure, and the rare 12" "Hef" version, but this is my first official Wolf Man.

Now that I have at least one version of each of the heavy hitters in the Universal line, I just need a classic Leatherface to finish up my Modern Horror collection.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
I am happy to say I won that guy's SSE Wolfman for 30.50 shipped!

I have collected the Sideshow Monster line since the 8" figures, and this is my first Sideshow Chaney Jr/Wolf Man figure in any scale. I have the Werewolf of London as the SSE 8" figure, and the rare 12" "Hef" version, but this is my first official Wolf Man.

Now that I have at least one version of each of the heavy hitters in the Universal line, I just need a classic Leatherface to finish up my Modern Horror collection.

You could have gotten a case fresh MIB color for $35 or SSE for $38, from Oluf, signed by him!

https://cgi.ebay.com/LON-CHANEY-JR-AS-THE-WOLFMAN-SSE-SIDESHOW-12_W0QQitemZ290061512646QQihZ019QQcategoryZ19195QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And, what is the "rare 12" "Hef" version"???

I'm iffy on Frankenstein, but the color version of Bela drac. is one I've been wanting to get for a while. Him, the Mummy, and the Creatre.

Speaking of him, what's the articulation like on the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

lcummins said:
You could have gotten a case fresh MIB color for $35 or SSE for $38, from Oluf, signed by him!

https://cgi.ebay.com/LON-CHANEY-JR-AS-THE-WOLFMAN-SSE-SIDESHOW-12_W0QQitemZ290061512646QQihZ019QQcategoryZ19195QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And, what is the "rare 12" "Hef" version"???
This one.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_061603a.htm

I just call it that because he's rare, and he has a fancy silk smoking jacket/robe.

I actually did consider the signed Oluf version, but I would feel guilty removing an artist-signed figure from it's packaging. Since the Wolf Man I won was already removed from the packaging, and wasn't signed, I would feel 100% guilt-free about displaying it.

Xander said:
I'm iffy on Frankenstein, but the color version of Bela drac. is one I've been wanting to get for a while. Him, the Mummy, and the Creatre.

Speaking of him, what's the articulation like on the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

I'm sure the articulation is great, but I'm affraid of putting him in extreme poses, so I don't damage the rubber suit.

Back