Pop Culture Shock - Skeletor Exclusive 1:1 Bust - Thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuburnEagle23

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey there everyone, seeing as how this very interesting bust is soon to be arriving, I wanted to get everyones thoughts on it. Overall detail level compared to traditional or original skeletors. I personally am not an avid He-Man follower, however; I thought this bust looked very good, fantastic detail on the skull. Was debating pre-ordering it, so figured I would get some input on the popularity of the item. Thanks.

Pop Culture Shock Toys

I think it looks amazing, if it ends up looking like that definitely a winner.

Looks very cool but I prefer the Filmation style, love the statues they are making. Still, very nice bust!

The filmation style? You mean the style of the 1/4 scale they have at available for pre order as well?

That was my thought, I do like the filmation 1/4 version, but the details and textures on the statue are too flat with not enough depth for a full bust, at least in my opinion. Would be interesting if they release another but I doubt it.

The Ex of the bust is up for PO again at PCS they had less than 10 left yesterday

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I preordered one several months ago. He looks great! From what I've read Jerry has gone to great lengths to make sure the production piece looks like the prototype.

PopCultureHeadline.jpg

Looks great! I too, dig the animated-style 1/4 version, but realism would work best on a 1/1 bust. IMO, it's nice to have the 1/4s make the character seem as if they popped out of their source material (comics/animation/games/etc), then have the 1/1 make us see how the characters would look like if they ever existed in the real world. Life-sized = Life-like, IMO.

Very proud to have done the packaging artwork for this:

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Skeletor Bust boxes.jpg
    Skeletor Bust boxes.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 157
Question for peoples with the EX.

Does your have lighter paint covering up parts around the teeth/gum areas, so when you turn on the light, you can sort of see some red light coming through the teeth/gum area?

Slight, but it is there.

Mine got damaged in shipping. While I wait to hear back on a replacement, I started the process of putting humpty dumpty back together again. (not that damaged :p)

Back