What's up with CornerStoreComics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okko

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone nows what's up with CornerStoreComics?
Apparently they are working on a new website for month and haven't posted any new pre-orders for weeks now.
I also haven't received any replies lately about availability of my orders. Should I be worried about my pre-orders?

They had a change in their personel a while back and things haven't been the same since. No idea what their status is now but I cancelled my only PO with them months ago.

they have gone down hill. i cancelled everything with them since their shipments don't seem to come in anymore and their employees are clueless.

That's what I thought, gonna pre-order somewhere else then :(

At least their site is down now and no other purchasers get misleaded.

Yeah I live about 25 min away and when Richard was there this was my LCS - and they were awesome. Great customer service, fast replies, it felt like "Cheers" because they knew customers by first names (myself included). Since he left, orders take longer, the site isn't updated, responses are iffy...so I kinda lost faith in them.

Shame, because they have good prices too...

I hope they can turn things around because they were great!
I bought the first HT Robocop from them when it was released and CSC was just starting...and have been ordering from them consistently since. I even used to go to their Thanksgiving sale...but now I am using other online shops.

so are they no longer fulfilling pre orders? They just totally got rid of the hot toys asm2 spider-man figure pre order and now they're lagging it on the hot toys strike captain america.

I just registered to tell the issues I'm having with CSC.

I'm their client since 2007 and never had any problems, but for almost three weeks I'm trying to solve several problems with my orders.

I had pre-orders for HT Iron Man Mark XLII, Iron Patriot, The Falcon and STRIKE Captain America. Mind that all of these were paid in advance via PayPal.

For Iron Man and Iron Patriot I asked them if there was any problem by the end of last year. I got a reply saying that everything was just fine. Clearly it wasn't. I had another pre-order that was ignored, HT Iron Man Mark XVII Heartbreaker, but this one thankfully wasn't already paid for.

Long story short, they have $1256.71 of my money (price for the figures + shipping to Brazil), refuse to answer my emails and refuse to talk to me on the phone. Only a clerk answers and says he can't do anything, and the manager or owner are never in.

If any fellow collector could help me with this I would be so grateful, there's not much I can do since I'm not in US and PayPal won't open a dispute for the values I've paid since the 45 days for that are long, long gone.

so are they no longer fulfilling pre orders? They just totally got rid of the hot toys asm2 spider-man figure pre order and now they're lagging it on the hot toys strike captain america.

I'm their client since 2007 and never had any problems, but for almost three weeks I'm trying to solve several problems with my orders.

I had pre-orders for HT Iron Man Mark XLII, Iron Patriot, The Falcon and STRIKE Captain America. Mind that all of these were paid in advance via PayPal.

For Iron Man and Iron Patriot I asked them if there was any problem by the end of last year. I got a reply saying that everything was just fine. Clearly it wasn't. I had another pre-order that was ignored, HT Iron Man Mark XVII Heartbreaker, but this one thankfully wasn't already paid for.

Long story short, they have $1256.71 of my money (price for the figures + shipping to Brazil), refuse to answer my emails and refuse to talk to me on the phone. Only a clerk answers and says he can't do anything, and the manager or owner are never in.

If any fellow collector could help me with this I would be so grateful, there's not much I can do since I'm not in US and PayPal won't open a dispute for the values I've paid since the 45 days for that are long, long gone.

Hey guys, your guess is as good as mine. I stopped in this weekend to ask about pre-orders and yeah the guy at the cashier said he could not do anything because web orders are handled by someone else who is in the store during M-F 8a to 4p

He said they are also having email trouble and said to try [email protected]
That person deals with web and web orders.

He said pre-orders will be full filled. But honestly they haven't got in inventory that came out last year?!!!
My cousin also has HT stuff on pre-order from them like Starboost...and I found a deal on ebay and already got mine before him, so that SUX!

Again I used to be a stout supporter of them. Hope they can get some better service going. I would actually like to talk to Thomas (the owner) just to get insight on what is going on. ie if the dock strike has affected them or other circumstances.

wow man, sorry to hear that. I also paid in advance for my strike captain america. I really found it suspicious when new pre-orders werent being posted. And then when they werent getting their stock like everyone else, I just thought the whole dock/ port strike affected them more than others.

Hey guys, your guess is as good as mine. I stopped in this weekend to ask about pre-orders and yeah the guy at the cashier said he could not do anything because web orders are handled by someone else who is in the store during M-F 8a to 4p

He said they are also having email trouble and said to try [email protected]
That person deals with web and web orders.

He said pre-orders will be full filled. But honestly they haven't got in inventory that came out last year?!!!
My cousin also has HT stuff on pre-order from them like Starboost...and I found a deal on ebay and already got mine before him, so that SUX!

Again I used to be a stout supporter of them. Hope they can get some better service going. I would actually like to talk to Thomas (the owner) just to get insight on what is going on. ie if the dock strike has affected them or other circumstances.

Yea I was able to talk to them at their booth in wonder-con, which was early april, and I asked them if they knew when strike cap was coming in, and all they said was "any day now." Real non-answer there

Last edited:
Just to give an update on my situation with CSC.

They never gave me an answer about my issues with the pre-orders I've paid in advance. I've registered a complain about them at Better Business Bureau, that's being ignored also. I've contact other people here in Brazil with the same or similar problem as mine.

I got my money back from PayPal. After they refused to open the dispute I made a complain about PayPal on a brazilian site called Reclame Aqui, similar to BBB. After doing so PayPal contacted me and gave me my money back. I just hope that they will go after CSC to get now their money back. The way CSC is acting is no way of doing business.

interesting. Maybe I should do the same. I also just contacted them asking for a refund on my strike suit cap. No response.

That's a real shame. I used to order figures from them all the time without issue. Well, I guess I should count that credit card breach from years ago as an issue...

So after calling them and "cancelling" my hot toys strike suit preorder in June they said I would get my refund in a few weeks. Straight up lie. I decided to go their store yesterday and pretty much had to straighten things out in person. Seeing as how I wasn't going to get my money back, I ended up just getting store credit and getting something else. I also noticed the CSC website is gone and they now use it-figures or some ****. If you had an account on the old website it wont work on their new one. Pretty sheisty of them, they're never getting my business again.

Back