Budget stark - Tour of 1/6 figure shops in Hong Kong and where to buy figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budget Stark

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys

This is to answer the collectors who ask me where to buy 1/6 figures in Hong Kong.

Thanks for watching.

Damn so much choice, love the fact you can get custom figures as well, looks a fun place to go hunting.

You are so lucky to have all of those places and all of that selection. Incredible! I would love to have all of that even remotely around me. Here I have only 3 places that are not even that close to me and they are comic shops and they only have a limited amount of each item. One is decent where I get most of my Hot Toys which is around 20 min away. The other is horribly over priced, way over retail and I would not even bother, 25 min away but he does have a decent selection (because no one buys them at their prices lol). The other one which is around 30 min away is mostly a figure store (that also sells comics) but mostly Neca and smaller stuff but he carries hardy any Hot Toys. I think he at only '69 Batman & Robin the last time I was there last week. He had a few Sidehow figures too.

Excellent and informative vid.. particularly liked the shot of a store with the KAWS Star Wars figures. :rock

@ Anthony Tsang. 13:30 in your video, specifically Goodtoys Shop. Like yourself, I sell figures to Canadian and American buyers and I have dealt Goodtoys on numerous occasions and never once have they tried to play off a figure for something its not. If its used, they will tell you its used. They repackage used figures to keep them in good condition and not as a way of trying to pass something off as new...the plastic wrap they use doesn't even look remotely like a HT factory package. Don't judge a book by its cover my friend. I must have purchased over 30 figures from them new and used. If you go inside you'll find that they are actually very nice and honest people.

Cheers

That was great! Thanks for posting. Definitely headed there as soon as my wife needs to make her next trip. Need to bring an empty suitcase...

This was an awesome video!! I'd love a chance to go to Hong Kong and just be able to browse around different shops.

Budget stark I ******ing love you man!!:clap Lol great videos and great to know these places especially since I was wondering about where to buy hot toys at in Hong Kong. Thanks so much for doing that

@ Anthony Tsang. 13:30 in your video, specifically Goodtoys Shop. Like yourself, I sell figures to Canadian and American buyers and I have dealt Goodtoys on numerous occasions and never once have they tried to play off a figure for something its not. If its used, they will tell you its used. They repackage used figures to keep them in good condition and not as a way of trying to pass something off as new...the plastic wrap they use doesn't even look remotely like a HT factory package. Don't judge a book by its cover my friend. I must have purchased over 30 figures from them new and used. If you go inside you'll find that they are actually very nice and honest people.

Cheers

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Cheers

The other thing I forgot to mention is that generally their prices are a little higher than other places I can buy figures so probably the reason why I have never bought anything from that shop.

I think you need own "Budget Stark Video thread" :)
Thanks for the great video!!

You are so lucky to have all of those places and all of that selection. Incredible! I would love to have all of that even remotely around me. Here I have only 3 places that are not even that close to me and they are comic shops and they only have a limited amount of each item. One is decent where I get most of my Hot Toys which is around 20 min away. The other is horribly over priced, way over retail and I would not even bother, 25 min away but he does have a decent selection (because no one buys them at their prices lol). The other one which is around 30 min away is mostly a figure store (that also sells comics) but mostly Neca and smaller stuff but he carries hardy any Hot Toys. I think he at only '69 Batman & Robin the last time I was there last week. He had a few Sidehow figures too.

What shops are you talking about? I've been looking for somewhere local. I only know of brave new world comics

Hi Budget Stark, thanks a lot for this great video, I'm not sure if it's just me missing it but what's the name of the mall/centre of that very first store you show with the custom LEDs?

What shops are you talking about? I've been looking for somewhere local. I only know of brave new world comics
I live in the upper NE Philly area. Brave New Worlds (in Willow Grove) is where I am referring to that is very expensive but has a decent selection. The one I always go to and get good deals via their VIP club is Wade's Comic Madness. You can basically preorder something there without paying anything until it comes in. He'll put you on the list. He usually has extras of some of the more pricy stuff or not so popular stuff at the store a little bit after they come in stock there. It's in Levittown. He has a TON of Sideshow stuff. The other one is Blueline Collectibles and he just started getting into Hot Toys. He's mostly the lower end stuff like Neca and McF but he does get some Sideshow stuff there too and an Enterbay item every now and then. It's in South Philly.

Jay

Back