Life size Smaug head displaying for the Five Armies...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,
we happen to have this wonderful opportunity to see the gigantic Smaug head displaying,
it is such a treat because none of us had the chance to see it in person at SDCC,
so we quick paint up a Bard to take some photo with it.

The Bard figure is nothing close to a photo taking quality,
so it is only for photo effect purpose.

However it is way too cool to see it in this close distance~ !!

PS: exactly what scale is this Smaug ??

DSCN8817.JPG

If it's the same head Weta had at SDCC, it's about 1/3 1/4 scale.

So no rooted hair for Bard?

If it's the same head Weta had at SDCC, it's about 1/3 1/4 scale.

Yeah, according to the behind the scenes docu on the DoS Blu, his head is the size of a bus!

(Personally, I would love a statue of just the head ... but not at 1/6 scale!)

So no rooted hair for Bard?

Interesting... I actually think it makes a bit of sense to go with sculpted hair for Bard. They might be better off going with sculpted for the characters with curlier hair.

What is there to clear up? It's like seeking confirmation of whether or not they are planning a 1/6 scale Mount Doom. Some things just don't need clarification.

Anyway, back to the fun photos... love it! Heh. Bard's looking good already.

From those back shots it definitely is Bard! So stoked for Bard! He's a must have for me.

I love the work Asmus is doing with these characters. There's something fantasy has over all other forms of storytelling, and the way the characters are realised on screen really gets the imagination going. I'm especially looking forward to archer characters, as well as Faramir and Boromir.

Thought this might be fun to bump with Bilbo and all...

Asmus started it.

LOL. Luv the Hobbit movies anyway - stuff I woulda changed, but was *immersed* - then there was BOFA and then Warner Bothers - typical - decided to get cheap and not support Jackson in restoring and/or releasing unreleased footage from LOTR and Hobbit both, and that was that.:mad:

Except for WB releasing that "collector set" of the LOTR/Hobbit films for like $800 which was re-hash in a pretty package:slap. The backlash was so bad Amazon cut the price in half. WB just doesn't get fans which is why Marvel is rolling over them.

ANYWAY. Smaug's head shots for fun. Guess Gentle Giant had put out a life-sized Balrog bust a while back...

Balrog.jpg

And Smaug's head would be even bigger....

Smaug_head.jpg

smaug_head2.jpg

ASMUS could do Smaug's eye, maybe.

In consolation, Weta has that excellent new light-up Balrog now... and it looks to be about accurate 1/6th scale after all.

Clearly a 1/6th Smaug head is way too big... can't really just do his eye, people will just confuse it with Sauron.

Back