Any Toy Biz collectors around here? Help/Advice needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henzINNIT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy all. I'm thinking of assembling a little "fellowship" of my own from the Toy Biz LOTR line. I have a few figures knocking about, but I'll probably start from scratch.

Can't find a decent resource for detailing the various releases, and I know the line went pretty deep. Wondering what the best versions of each characters are, any help would be appreciated.

Oh boy that is a good question. If you have the time, effort and skills you can combine a few different versions to make an even better version for some of them. I don't know if it is still up and if it is compete again but the archives at thegd.com used to be the best lace to go to see what had been produced.

They show a lot of the Toybiz figures on collecttolkien.com (under the action figures section) if that helps - I've found this site to be quite useful when looking for info and researching LotR collectibles that have been released.

Best of luck with creating your Fellowship!! :)

for the most part, the later releases were far superior. By the time ROTK came around, the line had improved dramatically. Some of the later releases are a bit harder to track down, but the main fellowship shouldn't be too hard to find. The more HTF ones were Orc Lieutenant , Gondorian Swordsman, witch king with flaming sword, etc..

At one time I think I had 6 to 8 of those swordsmen. They were a really well down figure. That was the line that started all this collecting for me. . . maybe I should have run away from it. . .

Same here. Those toybiz started my collecting. I sold most of my collection but kept all of my rohirrim figs and a few htf. TheGD site was/has a great resource for the figures.

Howdy all. I'm thinking of assembling a little "fellowship" of my own from the Toy Biz LOTR line. I have a few figures knocking about, but I'll probably start from scratch.

Can't find a decent resource for detailing the various releases, and I know the line went pretty deep. Wondering what the best versions of each characters are, any help would be appreciated.

If you want specifics, just ask. I'm not sure which "look" for each character you're after. For the basic Fellowship, here's a little run down of the best versions of them.

- Balrog Battle Gandalf figure
- Gandalf the Grey figure (superposeable)
- Gandalf Stormcrow (best Gandalf the White)

- Superposeable Boromir

- Gimli vs. Uruk-Hai two pack

- Legolas w/ Rohan Armor
- Legolas Mirkwood

- Gate of Mordor Sam
- Sam Gamgee in Orc Disguise

- Superposeable Frodo
- Frodo in Orc Disguise

- Merry vs. Grishnakh
- Pippin vs. Ugluk
- Pippin in Gondor Armor
- Merry in Rohan Armor

- Superposeable Strider (great body/accessories, awful headsculpt)
- Weathertop Strider (great headsculpt, gimmick torch hand)
- Helms Deep Aragorn
- Aragorn w/ Brego
- Pelennor Fields Aragorn

Cheers for the responses guys. Looks like many of the characters got super-posable versions down the line so I guess they'd be my first targets. Fellowship era is what I'd be looking for.

I'm just remembering how bizarre a lot of the Aragorn heads were lol

This is a great line and a good affordable collection peice. The figures have a good likeness and still hold up to some of the newer figures around the price range. They were actually the first set I enjoyed as an adult.

Back