View Full Version : Bubo Creature Pack

jason2885
01-07-2007, 10:23 PM
A better image over at the Chinese Star Wars site
http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/upload_images/dsc02599_923.jpg

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 10:25 PM
At last!!! A great shot.

I assume he won't be alone, but will be the central creature amongst others, as was Salacious.

The Josh
01-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Nice!! Bring on more stuff for Jabba. :)

Xander
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Still dying to know hat else he comes with! But this cool! I won't be getting the big guy, at least not for a while, but I can't wait to see some of the Jabba dioramas!!!

jason2885
01-07-2007, 10:33 PM
In the pic its almost as if Bib is telling Bubo to hush and stop barking.:rotfl

So what kind of critters do you all think could come with this one. I was really hoping Sideshow would do him he is a quite a memorable critter from the movie.

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Ree_yees.jpg

Ree-Yees was given at least one function in Jabba's court: To tend Bubo, Jabba's grotesque watchdog that the Jawas had brought into the palace. What nobody knew was that Ree-Yees had secretly affixed a small transmitter to Bubo that remained hidden beneath his boils and his fleshy folds and this was all courtesy of the Empire, who had also provided Ree-Yees with a detonator with which he was supposed to kill Jabba, shipping the detonator's various components in crates of Gran goatgrass. In return, the Empire had promised to clear Ree-Yees of the murder charges which had been placed upon him on Kinyen and so when Jabba departed for the Sarlacc in the Dune Sea to execute a group of rebels, Ree-Yees accompanied the court on the Sail Barge intent on carrying out his mission.

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I take it the pics aren't to scale :lol Bubo and Salacious would be HUGE! It does say creature pack so he is not alone, but is the central creature of the set like Crumb. I imagine a pre-order within the next 3 weeks. I don't think they will make us what till Toy Fair now that the dog is out of the bag.

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow--his full name is...

Buboicullaar (commonly called Bubo) was an intelligent Frog-Dog in Jabba Desilijic Tiure's court who acted as a spy. He foiled Ree-Yees' plan to kill Jabba with a thermal detonator by eating a crucial component. He joined the B'omarr Monks and had his brain removed.

I never got that much into the EU, so this was news to me.

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm guessing that he will also come with Attark the Hoover:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/65/Hoover.JPG

Memnoch
01-07-2007, 10:46 PM
What other creatures COULD he come with? Most everything else were larger creatures.

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, I am spending way too much time reading this stuff:

Who's Who in Jabba's Palace (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Who%27s_Who_in_Jabba%27s_Palace)

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I wonder if this will be a surprise "in-stock" item to go with the rest of the set up. Would seem poor planning to have this come out around next SDCC.

MaulFan
01-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't think a surprise in stock will happen, I think what will happen is a very beautifully done Jabba display at Toy Fair and / or C4, it would be a great thing for C4 attendees to see this whole Jabba's palace display setup, maybe with some cardboard backdrops and things just to really go all out, could be cool.

Memnoch
01-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I totally blame you for making me not sleep tonight tom. And ya know BM, I was thinking that this might make an interesting way to spend some of those points. Announce that this will be IN STOCK and let us use points or gift cards for it.

Wor-Gar
01-07-2007, 10:52 PM
A B'omarr Monk would be awesome.

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 10:53 PM
What about this guy?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Loje_Nella

Seems like he could be small enough.

Wor-Gar
01-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe one of those band members.

MaulFan
01-07-2007, 10:55 PM
That's the thing with a new creature pack, I think they threw in every little critter they could to fill the palace, there are so many background things they could make to go with Bubo, I'm sure some will be done for having a more interesting design to it.

Wor-Gar
01-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Its so funny that we're all excited about Bubo. I mean... Bubo. :lol

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I think that the Jabba's throne environment will continue to make appearances at Toy Fair and SDCC, with new figures & creatures added to it over time. Eventually there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for letting it go when it turns out that Sideshow intended this to be the foundation of a major portion of their Star Wars output.

Who knows what their long term plans are! They were thinking ahead giving Luke that pistol, and Bib and Jabba have drinking glasses that can go on R2's waiter tray. When the exclusive Chewie comes with his chain, people will want that Leia figure they skipped. I think they have planned things out in such a way that you will really regret not getting every exclusive Jabba's Palace character and item by the time all is said and done.

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I wonder if we could be getting a variant Salacious Crumb? He would be in a differnt pose I mean. Maybe a standing up pose or something. The main NEW creature in the set would be Bubo. Thats because it wouldn't make sense to call it Salacious Crumb creature pack 2.

I too think this set up is no going to be getting even bigger. This new creature pack is probably only the begining.

BobA can't be far behind either since he would be a critical figure in the palace. He was near Jabba almost as much as Bib. Of course the PF could delay him.

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I think that the Jabba's throne environment will continue to make appearances at Toy Fair and SDCC, with new figures & creatures added to it over time. Eventually there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for letting it go when it turns out that Sideshow intended this to be the foundation of a major portion of their Star Wars output.

Who knows what their long term plans are! They were thinking ahead giving Luke that pistol, and Bib and Jabba have drinking glasses that can go on R2's waiter tray. When the exclusive Chewie comes with his chain, people will want that Leia figure they skipped. I think they have planned things out in such a way that you will really regret not getting every exclusive Jabba's Palace character and item by the time all is said and done.

I also think that is why they chose the Endor Rebels first. I think we will be seeing quite a few Imperial troopers because they are so popular. Besides the Hoth troopers, the Endor Rebels fought just about every type of Imperial trooper: from Stormtroopers to Biker Scouts. Putting it that way makes total sense on having to pick only ONE set of Rebels for a few years.

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I wonder if we could be getting a variant Salacious Crumb?

Limited to 50 pieces.

The lottery begins next Thursday...

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7289/ssesalaciousqy3.jpg

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Limited to 50 pieces.

The lottery begins next Thursday...

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7289/ssesalaciousqy3.jpg

Oh don't even start! :lol

Xander
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I think he's gonna come with Han in the Carbonite block. Which is about equal parts wishful thinking and an educated guess as to what's on the box behind him. But it's pure speculation at this point. Amanaman would be neat too, but I don't see his green/yellow body in that box pic.

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I think he's gonna come with Han in the Carbonite block. Which is about equal parts wishful thinking and an educated guess as to what's on the box behind him. But it's pure speculation at this point. Amanaman would be neat too, but I don't see his green/yellow body in that box pic.

I think Han and Aman would be big enough for their own "creature" packs. Han could easily be a Boba Fett Expansion pack.

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
A better image over at the Chinese Star Wars site
http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/upload_images/dsc02599_923.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/f/f5/Bubo.jpg

I believe that while the other three pictures feature shots of the actual Sideshow items, the image behind the Bubo figure is this still from the movie. The orange glow is the light behind Amanaman's head.

If it comes with Amanaman or that Jawa, we will all be very happy.

But I think that "creature pack" doesn't have to mean more than one creature. It could be just Bubo and still be a creature pack. But the exclusive will definitely have another little critter. Maybe the hoover.

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/images/f/f5/Bubo.jpg

I believe that while the other three pictures feature shots of the Sideshow items, the image behind the Bubo figure is this still from the movie. The orange glow is the light behind Amanaman's head.

Only Salacious shows the Sidshow items. Both Bib and Leia are movie stills (or at least promo pics).

tomandshell
01-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Only Salacious shows the Sidshow items. Both Bib and Leia are movie stills (or at least promo pics).

OK, so much for that theory!

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I could possibly see Aman, but I think a Jawa is too figure-ish. A two pack of Jawas could sell just fine. I'm thinking little creatures will be in the set just because of the name "Bubo Creature Pack." If there was something big, it would take the name and not Bubo. Could be wrong though. I just hope the price and amount of critters will be the same. It would also be nice if it was inclusive like Crumb was.

Batty
01-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Maybe he'll come with a skull. It could to go with the bone that came with Luke. This will lead up to the Rancor announcement. :monkey5

Buttmunch
01-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe he'll come with a skull. It could to go with the bone that came with Luke. This will lead up to the Rancor announcement. :monkey5

Good Idea and Bad idea. Skull, yes. Rancor, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I can't even begin to image the cost of that figure. $300? I'd expect movable legs, arms, and mouth. It would be VERY impressive, but price would start to become an issue VERY quickly. I think General Greivous would be more likely than a Rancor. Of course I didn't think we'd get a Jabba, at least THIS soon. This Jabba set up can/could/will/is snowballing very quickly. :o

Wor-Gar
01-07-2007, 11:45 PM
If there was something big, it would take the name and not Bubo.

That makes sense. So Bubo is the key figure in this creature pack...thus the others "creatures" must be smaller or less significant.

Is there someone less significant than Bubo?

Amanaman
01-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Certainly not me. Sideshow hasn't called me up for measurements... yet.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/ep6/amani4.jpg
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/zs/rotj/likesolo4.jpg

Roy Starkiller
01-08-2007, 12:38 AM
http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/upload_images/bubo.jpg

Batty
01-08-2007, 01:23 AM
In the photo above, Han's shirt looks pretty clean. Didn't it get all dirty when he fell out of the carbonite onto the ground? I'm too tired to pop the DVD in to check for myself. :sleep

Lucas might have to go back and digitally add dirt for continuity.

carbo-fation
01-08-2007, 04:55 AM
You know, for the life of me, I don't remember Bubo at all. Guess I better watch the OT again before I go back to school!:monkey1

jason2885
01-08-2007, 05:43 AM
I bet now the the proverbial cat is out of the bag or frog dog in this case, Sideshow may preview this one in the newsletter this week for a preorder next week. I wonder what could be the exclusive for this guy.

This is pretty much what happened the last two times that something as leaked.

The Josh
01-08-2007, 07:42 AM
I agree with Tom in that I think Jabba's Palace will end up being a huge setup and that people who cancel will kick themselves. I'll be curious to see what else he comes with because there are so many things he could it will be a cool announcement because of that.

Darth Madden
01-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Yeah, when I first saw the blaster as Lukes exclusive I thought it was a little weird since he only had it in his hand for 5 seconds but I guess SSC did have bigger plans in mind... and thats just fine with me. This is going to turn out to be one hell of a display.

Alice Adrenochrome
01-08-2007, 09:03 AM

I seriously hope it's not the future you see! As much as I like Jabba, and all the foul creatures surrounding him, there's much more to the SW universe. I'm not saying that Budo & co. are not worth making, but things can be overdone... Even if there are lots and lots of people really freaking out over the Jabba environment, I belive an equally great number, are not. Especially those, that don't have the space to display such an environment in the first place.
It was a bit of a let down for me that SSC did a Boussh Leia, even though she looks great. An Hoth Leia would have been more my taste. I'm afraid the same will happen with Lando: in stead of a Bespin Lando, it's more likely that SSC will make a Skiff Guard Lando, just to make him fit with the Jabba set-up. Perhaps the people at SSC think that any other version of Lando just wouldn't sell well enough? I don't know.
There's one thing I have to admit: from a kids point of view, this Jabba environment really must be heaven! But the thing is, how many kids could afford such a set-up?

The Josh
01-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I seriously hope it's not the future you see! As much as I like Jabba, and all the foul creatures surrounding him, there's much more to the SW universe. I'm not saying that Budo & co. are not worth making, but things can be overdone... Even if there are lots and lots of people really freaking out over the Jabba environment, I belive an equally great number, are not. Especially those, that don't have the space to display such an environment in the first place.

Of course there is much more. Who said there wasn't? However, you can still mix stuff in for this setup and never lose the anyone else in the line. So just because people want other characters other than some pieces here and there to go with Jabba they shouldn't get made? So SS should skip making them because people passed on Jabba for space reasons or that some people don't?

It was a bit of a let down for me that SSC did a Boussh Leia, even though she looks great. An Hoth Leia would have been more my taste. I'm afraid the same will happen with Lando: in stead of a Bespin Lando, it's more likely that SSC will make a Skiff Guard Lando, just to make him fit with the Jabba set-up. Perhaps the people at SSC think that any other version of Lando just wouldn't sell well enough? I don't know.

Who said they wouldn't make a Hoth Leia? Boussh was just the first. So no need to panic. Wait and see AA. Wait and See.

There's one thing I have to admit: from a kids point of view, this Jabba environment really must be heaven! But the thing is, how many kids could afford such a set-up?

Well, it's heaven to a lot of adult kids which do have the money to buy these and this is where the item is targeted at.

pixletwin
01-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I have a feeling this is all leading up to a nice slab of carbonite in the near future.

The Josh
01-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I have a feeling this is all leading up to a nice slab of carbonite in the near future.

Should be interesting to see if it does. Then we'll find out how much detail that has and how much it costs.

geto10
01-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Will this Bubo Creature Pack be announched in this weeks SS newsletter? :confused:

swabie2424
01-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I think this could be a TF 2007 announcement. Maybe before though. I'm hedging all bets!

MaulFan
01-08-2007, 10:13 AM
The announcement will be dependent on when they expect the majority of Jabba buyers to receive him, if they planned that no one would find out til he ships out and expected that to be February, then he could be a TF announcement, if they expect people to learn of it before hand, could be a newsletter announcement before TF, or even PPO announcement before TF like Mace was last year.

The Josh
01-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I think this could be a TF 2007 announcement. Maybe before though. I'm hedging all bets!

I think this will be before TF.

tomandshell
01-08-2007, 10:30 AM
It'll be awfully anticlimactic if they wait until Toy Fair.

Customikey
01-08-2007, 10:31 AM
It'll be awfully anticlimactic if they wait until Toy Fair.

I'm not sure there is a way to make an announcement of Bubo as the next SW figure and make it climactic.

tomandshell
01-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure there is a way to make an announcement of Bubo as the next SW figure and make it climactic.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Maybe you're right. Homer is going to be mad it's not a main character!

MaulFan
01-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Best chance is if Bubo were part of a dual announcement kinda like Bib and Boushh where it's Bubo PPO one week and some other figure the week after, then the other figure could add some climactic feeling, otherwise, while we'll place our order's for Bubo, the wind in our collecting sails won't be a strong as when you flash something like a 1/6 Jabba before our eyes.

Customikey
01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Isn;t there a plot in the EU suggesting thst Bubo is some sort of super-genius who is involved in the plan to assassinate Jabba, but opts to have his brain removed by B'Omarr Monks? I just think he should come with the Jawa holding his leash...

tomandshell
01-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Isn;t there a plot in the EU suggesting thst Bubo is some sort of super-genius who is involved in the plan to assassinate Jabba, but opts to have his brain removed by B'Omarr Monks? I just think he should come with the Jawa holding his leash...

This is apparently true, as I discovered last night while looking around for pictures and information about him. And Bubo is not his full name...

jason2885
01-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I really think we may see something about Bubo within the next few weeks. Now if they were planning on bringing this out at toy fair what else could there be that we dont know about yet. This wouldnt make any sense if this was all that was added to Jabba. My guess is we may get a couple other things from Jabbas Palace. i wouldnt mind seeing a Carbonite Han enviroment with inclusive Tauntaun head, now that would be cool. I would gladly pay $200 if they made it right. As for regular 12" well maybe we could get say Boba to go along with Bubo.
That would be a huge toyfair announcement and that would leave a ROTJ Vader, Emperor with Throne Room Enviroment, Royal Guard and Stormtroopers to be announced at SDCC.

The Josh
01-08-2007, 10:53 AM

This happens to Bib.

Back at the palace, a confident Fortuna was met by the B'omarr monks who lived in the catacombs below. Some lived as humans, others as detached brains living eternally in jars of nutrient. The monks decided that the nutrient jar was the best fate for Fortuna - or rather, for his brain. They didn't know Fortuna would eventually figure out a way to reinstall his consciousness into another Twi'lek criminal, Firith Olan, in order to make it easier to carry on his criminal activities.

Customikey
01-08-2007, 10:55 AM
This happens to Bib.

It happens to quite a few of the lackeys, apparently.

Bib, Bubo, Ree Yees, Tessek.....

Bib manages to get a new body, though. You go Bib.

jason2885
01-08-2007, 10:57 AM
It happens to quite a few of the lackeys, apparently.

Bib, Bubo, Ree Yees, Tessek.....

Bib manages to get a new body, though. You go Bib.
I guess that if you were employed by Jabba you either died on the sail barge or your brain was removied and placed into a walking mechanical arachnid.

The Josh
01-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Yup, it appears. I thought that was interesting about Bib so I mentioned in my review of his figure.

galactiboy
01-08-2007, 11:29 AM
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Maybe you're right. Homer is going to be mad it's not a main character!

Very true... :lol

I'm not particularly thrilled with a Bubo pack, but at the same time I'll probably pick it up for ****s and giggles. What is nice to see is that Sideshow is showing that they are willing to go pretty deep into the SW Universe for characters!!! :chew

tomandshell
01-08-2007, 11:34 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing a Carbonite Han enviroment with inclusive Tauntaun head, now that would be cool.

I have to admit that I never would have thought to combine Carbonite Han together with a severed Tauntaun head. That is an original idea.

The Josh
01-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Very true... :lol

I'm not particularly thrilled with a Bubo pack, but at the same time I'll probably pick it up for ****s and giggles. What is nice to see is that Sideshow is showing that they are willing to go pretty deep into the SW Universe for characters!!! :chew

The Bubo pack wasn't something I was expecting nor just dying to get but like you I'm glad to see they are willing to go deep in the SW Universe. So it doesn't upset me that it is coming either.

Alice Adrenochrome
01-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I feel alienated.

pixletwin
01-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I feel alienated.

Alienated from what? :confused:

The Josh
01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I feel alienated.

Legal or Illegal? :lol

The Mike
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Something tells me that the Bubo Creature pack will be an accompaniment to something larger another 1/6 figure. Maybe Skiff Lando or someone else present. The Jabba Environment will be massive remember once SSC gets their bodies in line for women with exposed joints they'll be a Slave Leia that will be part of this and maybe even an Oola....

Khev
01-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Aw crap. Now we're going to have to wait even longer to see a Premium Format Bubo.

Wor-Gar
01-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Aw crap. Now we're going to have to wait even longer to see a Premium Format Bubo.

:lol

Would you pay more for the "Elite" version Bubo?

Buttmunch
01-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I have to admit that I never would have thought to combine Carbonite Han together with a severed Tauntaun head. That is an original idea.

It is on the wall of Jabba's Palace around the carbonite, so it is quite possible. They could also have a light up feature exclusive like the Marvel Vs Dios.

swabie2424
01-08-2007, 01:10 PM

At least $800 for that! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

galactiboy
01-08-2007, 01:13 PM
At least $800 for that! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But only if it comes with ewok poo!!!

The Josh
01-08-2007, 01:13 PM
But only if it comes with ewok poo!!!

That makes it even more.

Zoomaround
01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I took the following pics at Comic Con. I figured that these would be the creatures included in the Creature Pack.

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=creaturepkwd4.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=creaturepk3hi3.jpg

Khev
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
:lol

Certainly, especially if it comes with a wall mounted Buboian artifact.

pixletwin
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
I took the following pics at Comic Con. I figured that these would be the creatures included in the Creature Pack.

I'm cornfused. :confused:

mfoga
01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Why?
Those in that pic are in the Salacious B. Crumb Creature Pack.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=21431

Buttmunch
01-08-2007, 01:24 PM

Those are in the first pack, the Crumb pack. Not this new, Bubo pack.

Wor-Gar
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm cornfused. :confused:

He-Heh.... He said corn-fused.

Booyah!
01-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Something tells me that the Bubo Creature pack will be an accompaniment to something larger another 1/6 figure. Maybe Skiff Lando or someone else present. The Jabba Environment will be massive remember once SSC gets their bodies in line for women with exposed joints they'll be a Slave Leia that will be part of this and maybe even an Oola....

Exactly. The Probes were announced with Maul. Salacious with Jabba. I would think some regular sized fig will be offered along side the Bubo pack. Lando Skiff, Tessek, Ree-Yees, Weequay, or a couple Gamorrean Gaurds would add to the Jabba set quite nicely.

As far as what's in with Bubo, maybe he doesnt come with any other creatures. Maybe a piece of scenery instead, like the stairs and doorway where he is chained up?

EVILFACE
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I really have no excitement for Bubo unless they are including with say Lando.

Sachiel
01-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Exactly. The Probes were announced with Maul. Salacious with Jabba. I would think some regular sized fig will be offered along side the Bubo pack. Lando Skiff, Tessek, Ree-Yees, Weequay, or a couple Gamorrean Gaurds would add to the Jabba set quite nicely.

As far as what's in with Bubo, maybe he doesnt come with any other creatures. Maybe a piece of scenery instead, like the stairs and doorway where he is chained up?

That would be awesome, but now you got my hopes up. :emperor

Customikey
01-09-2007, 07:47 AM
That would be awesome, but now you got my hopes up. :emperor

He's held by a Jawa in the film. That'd be a great way to introduce a shorter body and see what the public thinks of the design.

I'd love to see Tessek.

pixletwin
01-09-2007, 07:59 AM
I really have no excitement for Bubo unless they are including with say Lando.

Same here but not I have no interest in a Skiff Guard Lando. But I think a jawa is an intriguing possibility.

The Josh
01-09-2007, 08:05 AM
The only version of Lando that is exciting to me at all really is the Skiff Guard.

KitFisto
01-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I'd really like a Skiff Guard Lando to go with the whole Jabba set up.

Alice Adrenochrome
01-09-2007, 09:50 AM
No, not the skiff guard Lando! I'd rather have him as the administrator of Bespin; a real scoundrel, gambler, card player! Blue cape and all. Being between a rock and a hard place, the Bespin Lando is a much more interesting character than all the other Lando's we see in the movies. Not sure what the exclusive item should be though. NOT a bottle of Colt 45 for sure.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/3642/lando.htm

KitFisto
01-09-2007, 09:51 AM
No, not the skiff guard Lando! I'd rather have him as the administrator of Bespin; a real scoundrel, gambler, card player! Blue cape and all. Being between a rock and a hard place, the Bespin Lando is a much more interesting character than all the other Lando's we see in the movies. Not sure what the exclusive item should be though. NOT a bottle of Colt 45 for sure.

I want that Lando to be made as well. :D

tomandshell
01-09-2007, 10:01 AM
If it had a Jawa they would call it a Jawa creature pack. There's 1000 times more name recognition in a Jawa than Bubo.

DCFett
01-09-2007, 10:04 AM
No one want General Lando? I thought that was a cool outfit and SS could do some great things with it, like a real metal chain on the cape and stuff. I guess you like what you like.

I surely like the idea of a Jawa too. Im still wondering why they chose to put that on the back of the box and not debut it in the Newsletter. Maybe it's a Con Exclusive? That would surely be a way to add something for the summer cons and make it not too much of a loss for anyone who doesnt get it. With that in mind, does SS do any east coast cons? If not, why not?

jedibear
01-09-2007, 10:11 AM

I wouldn't mind "Skiff Guard Lando", but I'd like to see a "Bespin" one first as well....HOWEVER...I also recall how the Hasbro version (which was actually one of the nicer looking 12" figures they did) just SAT everywhere not selling back in the day...

Having said that, I'd consider the "Bespin" version the iconic version of Lando and a possible candidate for PF format...
An exclusive for a standard Bespin Lando? How about that "communication wand" he alerts the city with during the escape to the Falcon?

jedibear
01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
If it had a Jawa they would call it a Jawa creature pack. There's 1000 times more name recognition in a Jawa than Bubo.

I agree....
While I like the idea of "Jawa with Palm Frond" (jeez, that sounds a little silly:o ), I think the jawa will find it's way into the collection in a different way, like (hopefully) a two or three pack of varied ones...one with holsters/bandoliers, one not, different heights (I know...I'm dreaming) or different robe colorations...

Back to Bubo....I'm stuck as to what else will be included with him...anything else in the throne room (or Sail Barge) sounds too big or important on it's own (B'omarr Monk) to be part of the pack....we'll see.

MaulFan
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I can't imagine a Jawa anyway, they'd need a body like Yoda or something that Sideshow probably still has in R&D. Like I've said before, there could be many other background critters in the palace that you never really see prominently that could come with Bubo, hopefully Thursday's newsletter will tell :)

TheObsoleteMan
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I think it'd be cool if it came with Sy Snootles, but she's probably too big.

MaulFan
01-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Not necessarily too big, but again, a very unique body type, unless Sideshow opted to do a hard body with limited articulation, I can't imagine any standing, humanoid characters being done soon.

Khev
01-09-2007, 11:28 AM
An exclusive for a standard Bespin Lando? How about that "communication wand" he alerts the city with during the escape to the Falcon?
Or the grappling hook on his belt he attachs to the Falcon when rescuing Luke.

Captain Faramir
01-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I just think there should be at least one more humanoid character in this set. Now it's Jabba with half a dozen tiny pets and then Luke and Bib. Leia's on the way, but what then? We need a palace of criminals, not a menagerie of wildlife. The packs are cool, but these little critters are running the place over! :rolleyes:

stickman
01-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I hope there are more creature packs in the future. Maybe even droid packs, and I would love to get a Tuskin Raider with a set of watch dogs, or whatever those hyaena looking animals were.

jason2885
01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I hope there are more creature packs in the future. Maybe even droid packs, and I would love to get a Tuskin Raider with a set of watch dogs, or whatever those hyaena looking animals were.
They are called massif's just to let you know and that would be a good creature to include in a pack when they are released.

galactiboy
01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I probably won't be going too crazy with creature packs... they are cool. But if it weren't for the necessity of Crumb his probably would have been a pass.

swabie2424
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I like all the critters. But I gotta agree with Aldeggon... I want some more humans to round out the collection of Jabba's denizens!

Alice Adrenochrome
01-09-2007, 02:49 PM
No one want General Lando? I thought that was a cool outfit and SS could do some great things with it, like a real metal chain on the cape and stuff. I guess you like what you like. ...
I agree. General Lando is cool. I'd choose him before the skiff guard lando any time. But the reason why Bespin Lando is my favorite, is the fact that he more or less acts and behaves like an adolescent, lives by his own rules. He's a character in transition, forced to make a choice between good and bad, whereas General Lando is the responsible man, the grown up, leading the attack on the Death Star.I think the outfit Lando wears as the administrator of Bespin, somehow reflects his attitude. And of course a uniform also reflects an attitude...

Wor-Gar
01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Bespin Lando is better. That's when he's still a charming cad.

Plus, I'm still hoping for a Carbon Freezing Chamber set-up from SS this year.

Xander
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Bespin Lando is better. That's when he's still a charming cad.

Plus, I'm still hoping for a Carbon Freezing Chamber set-up from SS this year.

I think I'd cry tears of joy if they did that! I really want to see more Empire figures, o Lando is a must. He and Bespin Leia are are really high up on my most wanted list.

That being said, I still love a Skiff Lando! He was one of my favorite figures as a kid and that outfit still looks cool to me. So really I'd take either...

Buttmunch
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
The Carbon Freezing Chamber would be HUGE! Maybe in a few years. I could see a RotJ Palpatine throne at SDCC this year though. Hopefully with a RotJ Vader as well (although very unlikely since it would practically wrap up the Sith Line).

I wonder if the Bubo pack could be announced in Thursday's newsletter and be up for Sell on Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day). Mace was on a Monday holiday (president's day?). I just don't think they'd wait til Toy Fair now. Perhaps it will make something that wasn't supposed to be annouced at Toy Fair get a slight bump to give us at least two announcements like last time?

jason2885
01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I really like Friday preorder days better but since I am out of school Monday so that would be fine I guess but I would have to slip away from my gf to order this quietly.

Wor-Gar
01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I wonder if the Bubo pack could be announced in Thursday's newsletter and be up for Sell on Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day). Mace was on a Monday holiday (president's day?).

Interesting thought. And it makes total sense. I hope so...but I hope its something other than little Bubo.

Xander
01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I hope there's something else announced along with Bubo. Something "humanoid" as others have said. At this point I'm not even partial to who it is. I just love the announcements and seeing what SS does with and for the character.

galactiboy
01-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Sad to say it, but Skiff Guard Lando would probably be a pass for me. I do love the look of the character, but I can really only justify one Lando in my mind... and that has to be the Bespin version... hands down!

EVILFACE
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Sideshow would rule forever is they actually did make Lando's exclusive a bottle of Colt 45.

Wor-Gar
01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Sideshow would rule forever is they actually did make Lando's exclusive a bottle of Colt 45.

:lol Can you imagine if that got back to Billy in the approval process.

:rotfl

Captain Faramir
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
The only Lando I would buy is Bespin Lando. It's just so much a part of his character--who else in Star Wars dresses like a disco king with a cape?

That said, I have a few people I'd like before Lando. However, I'm really really curious to see if we get an actual character at the same time as these creatures. If it is Skiff Lando, that will mean all of our OT characters (even Han if you take off the jacket) will be based on the Jabba scenes. I can see what the Sideshow team's favorite part of Star Wars is! :rotfl

Wor-Gar
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
BUBO!

Sorry... I just like saying it.

BUBO!

:D

Its fun. Try it.

MaulFan
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I keep slipping toward's Bilbo, guess I'm used to hearing the LOTR name more than the Star Wars creature name.

The Josh
01-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I keep slipping toward's Bilbo, guess I'm used to hearing the LOTR name more than the Star Wars creature name.

It's his Frog Dog cousin on his mothers side 3 times removed.

Wor-Gar
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM

BILBO!

Hey, that's fun too.

:D

Khev
01-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Maybe we'll get this pre-CGI Yuzzum with Bubo:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-vi/explore/classic/2002/12/img/earthly_bg.jpg

Or maybe not.

galactiboy
01-10-2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-vi/explore/classic/2002/12/img/earthly_bg.jpg

I do find this version much less annoying than the singing CGI version... so thats gotta count for something.

Alice Adrenochrome
01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
The only Lando I would buy is Bespin Lando. It's just so much a part of his character--who else in Star Wars dresses like a disco king with a cape?
:chew

...If it is Skiff Lando, that will mean all of our OT characters (even Han if you take off the jacket) will be based on the Jabba scenes. I can see what the Sideshow team's favorite part of Star Wars is! :rotfl Yes... Did I happen to mention that my favorite part is ESB?

mortifactor
09-23-2012, 12:40 PM
This thread shall rise!!! /tdkr (he wouldn't have stood a chance if Bubo was in that prison too)

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/harry838/bubolowqual1_zpscd8a361c.png

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/harry838/bubolowqual2_zps6d7b413b.png

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/harry838/bubolowqual3_zpsf23a3574.png

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/harry838/bubolowqual4_zps198dde35.png

Sliced his mouth open with a knife, painted up some pins and glued em in, repainted the whole body (which was unnecessary, it ended up nearly identical and I'd just recommend a dull cote [mask the eyesss!] if you wanted) and did a wash over the harness.

Now I need to track down a Worrt!

I don't even know what I was doing in 2007 but this seemed like the thread :lol

Puay
09-24-2012, 03:28 AM
Glad to see this thread resurfacing. Hope this is not the last creature pack we see from Sideshow.

Hewer
09-24-2012, 04:00 AM
They are such awesome pieces and wish that Sideshow would do other creature packs.

FLOSI
09-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Hey! That's looks super cool, Mort!

mortifactor
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks flosi, I'm in alien overdrive due to enaud's duro lol - this guy actually has a real bite now, I picked him up and got pin pricked about 7 times and dropped him lol

Invictus Sol
09-24-2012, 09:44 PM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/harry838/bubolowqual2_zps6d7b413b.png

...this guy actually has a real bite now, I picked him up and got pin pricked about 7 times and dropped him lol
Look vicious, mortifactor! Nicely done. I'm not going to be picking-up Jabba, but I might grab this creature pack if I ever run across it. He'd look alright outside of the Cantina, I'm thinking.

In regards to getting pricked, I was looking at these pics this morning and kind of cringed thinking how often I'd end-up doing that picking him up, haha.

I think a few of us might have to band together, Bane/League of Shadows-like, pull off a daring kidnapping of you and force you to work in our underground lair, churning out sick SW customs for us! :lol