Bubo Creature Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
A better image over at the Chinese Star Wars site
dsc02599_923.jpg

Still dying to know hat else he comes with! But this cool! I won't be getting the big guy, at least not for a while, but I can't wait to see some of the Jabba dioramas!!!

In the pic its almost as if Bib is telling Bubo to hush and stop barking.:rotfl

So what kind of critters do you all think could come with this one. I was really hoping Sideshow would do him he is a quite a memorable critter from the movie.

Ree_yees.jpg

Ree-Yees was given at least one function in Jabba's court: To tend Bubo, Jabba's grotesque watchdog that the Jawas had brought into the palace. What nobody knew was that Ree-Yees had secretly affixed a small transmitter to Bubo that remained hidden beneath his boils and his fleshy folds and this was all courtesy of the Empire, who had also provided Ree-Yees with a detonator with which he was supposed to kill Jabba, shipping the detonator's various components in crates of Gran goatgrass. In return, the Empire had promised to clear Ree-Yees of the murder charges which had been placed upon him on Kinyen and so when Jabba departed for the Sarlacc in the Dune Sea to execute a group of rebels, Ree-Yees accompanied the court on the Sail Barge intent on carrying out his mission.

I take it the pics aren't to scale :lol Bubo and Salacious would be HUGE! It does say creature pack so he is not alone, but is the central creature of the set like Crumb. I imagine a pre-order within the next 3 weeks. I don't think they will make us what till Toy Fair now that the dog is out of the bag.

Wow--his full name is...

Buboicullaar (commonly called Bubo) was an intelligent Frog-Dog in Jabba Desilijic Tiure's court who acted as a spy. He foiled Ree-Yees' plan to kill Jabba with a thermal detonator by eating a crucial component. He joined the B'omarr Monks and had his brain removed.

I never got that much into the EU, so this was news to me.

I wonder if this will be a surprise "in-stock" item to go with the rest of the set up. Would seem poor planning to have this come out around next SDCC.

I don't think a surprise in stock will happen, I think what will happen is a very beautifully done Jabba display at Toy Fair and / or C4, it would be a great thing for C4 attendees to see this whole Jabba's palace display setup, maybe with some cardboard backdrops and things just to really go all out, could be cool.

I totally blame you for making me not sleep tonight tom. And ya know BM, I was thinking that this might make an interesting way to spend some of those points. Announce that this will be IN STOCK and let us use points or gift cards for it.

That's the thing with a new creature pack, I think they threw in every little critter they could to fill the palace, there are so many background things they could make to go with Bubo, I'm sure some will be done for having a more interesting design to it.

I think that the Jabba's throne environment will continue to make appearances at Toy Fair and SDCC, with new figures & creatures added to it over time. Eventually there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for letting it go when it turns out that Sideshow intended this to be the foundation of a major portion of their Star Wars output.

Who knows what their long term plans are! They were thinking ahead giving Luke that pistol, and Bib and Jabba have drinking glasses that can go on R2's waiter tray. When the exclusive Chewie comes with his chain, people will want that Leia figure they skipped. I think they have planned things out in such a way that you will really regret not getting every exclusive Jabba's Palace character and item by the time all is said and done.

Back