1/6 Scale Jabba Package Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since some of us wish to discuss the pacakging style of the Jabba figure, I decided to start a thread on that so we can keep the other Jabba thread discussions focussed on the figure itself.

What could have been:
jabba_box.jpg

What is:
dsc02568.jpg

I'm glad that inside the box, he's in a plastic bag to help protect him too, Sideshow is very good about protecting their higher end items.

Yeah, since he's in a styrofoam deal it's nice to see that he won't get messed up possibly.

The outside of the box isn't a that huge of a factor to me as far as the change goes. I'm just glad Jabba came out looking nice.

MaulFan said:
Luckily the box looks almost just his size too, not too big around him.

Yeah, they did a nice job with that. Makes it easier to store the box.

I don't have room to display the boxes for any of my stuff, so Jabba's box will go in the garage with all the other SSC and GG boxes. The box does look like GG's new boxes.

I tuck my boxes away too at the moment, I think in terms of one day when I buy a house and build the enteratinment room of my dreams, I think the SSC 1/6 boxes (aside from Jabba) are great works of art that could add as much to a room as a poster would.

the new box looks a little too plain :monkey4 Not very attractive to display with.

I'm liking the box's simplicity enough, but I almost wish they had taken a page from GG's book and included a window to highlight the face...
Something like this maybe...

349519807_90b90540bd_o.jpg

As superb as this figure looks, you'd think Sideshow would want to push the sculpt a little bit like they do with the standard figure packaging...

Just a thought...

As long as he arrives safe and sound I don't really care about the box design personally. I don't display the boxes, just what's in them. :monkey3

TOE said:
the new box looks a little too plain :monkey4 Not very attractive to display with.
I'm not worried about displaying the box. I just need to find room for the throne. :monkey4

What's all this throne business, you guys really gonna display him on a toilet?

Sorry, I had to make a joke.

MaulFan said:
What's all this throne business, you guys really gonna display him on a toilet?

Sorry, I had to make a joke.
I don't even want to thing about what Jabba uses for a bathroom! :lol

jedibear said:
I'm liking the box's simplicity enough, but I almost wish they had taken a page from GG's book and included a window to highlight the face...
Something like this maybe...

349519807_90b90540bd_o.jpg

As superb as this figure looks, you'd think Sideshow would want to push the sculpt a little bit like they do with the standard figure packaging...

Just a thought...

Window might be nice, but where he costs more than a GG mini bust, I prefer as much standing between Jabba and the outside elements as possible.

Back