GG General Greivous Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Came home to a pleasant surprise today...
348587918_6732fc8a65_o.jpg

Believe me when I say...pictures do NOT do this amazing piece justice...

Comes in the new 30th Anniversary packaging (which is really not that different from the standard...just a additional logo touting the big 30)...the packaging is huge for a GG bust and that;s a good thing...the General comes in 6 pieces...main body/head, two arms, two saber blades (blue & green) and a base.
Superbly packed, right down to the tissue-wrapped twisties holding the parts in. Take care in removing the parts...he's pretty delicate.
Once assembled, he's an awesome sight!

For those of us who couldn't afford or have the space for the premium format figure of the General that Sideshow did, this well-rendered bust is a great alternative....

He does look good--quite a bit more complex than the typical GG bust. They seem to have done a great job with it.

I am not a completist with their busts and didn't get this one since I have the 1/4 scale from Sideshow, but since that piece is certainly not for everyone's budget or shelf space, it's nice to have another quality Grievous item to add to your collection.

That does look good.

jedibear anymore pics?

I'd love to see some more. I've been thinking of getting this but I thought I'd wait till the production pieces came out.

I had a choice to buy a mini bust this month and went with the burnt anakin reveal.(Been wanting it for a long time)This does look really good though.(and fragile)

Bonehead15 said:
That does look good.

jedibear anymore pics?

I'd love to see some more. I've been thinking of getting this but I thought I'd wait till the production pieces came out.

A shot of the General's back...

348683511_627b8fe60f_o.jpg

I picked up this bust after seeing it in the store. It's a great piece.

I was surprised on how much I liked it. My only suggestion would be to make is armor look more like bone, like SS did. Worth the 40 I spent.

jedibear said:
Came home to a pleasant surprise today...

Believe me when I say...pictures do NOT do this amazing piece justice...

Comes in the new 30th Anniversary packaging (which is really not that different from the standard...just a additional logo touting the big 30)...the packaging is huge for a GG bust and that;s a good thing...the General comes in 6 pieces...main body/head, two arms, two saber blades (blue & green) and a base.
Superbly packed, right down to the tissue-wrapped twisties holding the parts in. Take care in removing the parts...he's pretty delicate.
Once assembled, he's an awesome sight!

For those of us who couldn't afford or have the space for the premium format figure of the General that Sideshow did, this well-rendered bust is a great alternative....

Did yours come with the fin thing on the left side of his head misaligned with the one on the right, mine was pointing at a somewhat different angle than the other so I'm just curious if it's all of them or just mine.

MaulFan said:
Did yours come with the fin thing on the left side of his head misaligned with the one on the right, mine was pointing at a somewhat different angle than the other so I'm just curious if it's all of them or just mine.

No the head-fins were fine...however, the right chest plate was slightly more open than the left (was Obi-Wan here? :lol ) but a gentle push fixed that right up...otherwise he showed up exactly as pictured above.

Blaster would be cool, but it would require a different pose to be fitting, and where SSC builds to film accuracy and GG makes the bust poses more character fitting than moment fitting, Grievous PF with blaster would likely have damage hands, no sabers and maybe the Magna Guard staff, I think their choice was better.

Revisiting General Greivous Bust...

Just playin' around some more...

"Your move..."

351927914_c9c81847a0.jpg

"You fool! I've been trained in your jedi arts by Count Dooku..."

351927916_302564faa7.jpg

One cool thing I noticed with the bust while playin' here....his "gutsack" is made out of a clear green material (plastic?) that catches the light and looks pretty neat....

This bust is cool the last of our preorders for it are shipping out to customers today. The box size is much bigger than you expect for this bust as the arms are detached just like the SS 1/4.

Seth Gecko said:
I had a choice to buy a mini bust this month and went with the burnt anakin reveal.(Been wanting it for a long time)This does look really good though.(and fragile)

The first one I opened at my LCS had the fin on the right side of his head broken off from the lower portion of where it attached. After looking at this more closely, I'm surprised there were not more problems with all of the small detail in this bust.

I really like the Grievous a lot. He's quite a sight on the display shelf. I think GG's last three releases - especially Chewie - were just amazing.

Back