SIDESHOW ELITE 1:6 SCALE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you spend more for limited figures?

• I'll gladly spend more for elite quality figures.

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I'll buy some, but I'm on a tight budget.

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • I think Sideshow's quality is fine now, not spending more.

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys, how many of you would become Elitist. If Sideshow were to create a line of very limited, higher quality & more expensive figures, would you bite? I'm thinking like Dragon has DiD, doing higher quality stuff for them. I think it'll be the only way to get..................

Medieval Krugan
kurgan2.jpg

General Kael
vid131.jpg

Frankenstein The Revenant
frankensteintherevenant1.jpg

I think you know where I stand. I would GLADLY pay PF prices for an "Elite" edition of 1:6 scale figures!

I would for certain figures - but I certainly wouldn't want to see them progress to the price point of Medicom and/or Hot Toys for fairly standard type figures. I mean some of the stuff is nice, but its not really any better than Dragon which is round the same price as SSC.

Basically - if I could see where the cost is going - like on the couple you cited - then no problem. But a regular human figure in normal/military outfits - no way.

If the figures were priced the same as a PF, i'd rather spend that money on a PF. more bang for your buck.

If it's a character I really, really want, I'd be willing to pay more, but it has to be absolutely top notch. Sideshow's figures, as much as I enjoy them, aren't near that level of quality. They would need to design a better body and greatly improve their tailoring.

I would pay what a figure is worth... if it means I pay extra because extra work went into it then its a no-brainer. However I wouldn't spend an extra $50-$100 just because its limited or "elite".

They have the perfect license to test this on - Star Wars. SW fans will buy ANYTHING, I can't believe I'm actually contemplating dropping $3K for a Falcon.

So if it takes more money to do justice to Chewie, Greivous, Droids, etc. I'm sure we'll pay it.

no i wouldnt pay that much for it. even some of medicom's figures are overpriced. especially luke, RAH spiderman and a couple others i cant think of. seriously, if they came out with a 1/6 grievous that was "highly" detailed and didnt feel like a piece of plastic i would pay $100-$120 for him. other than that i think its crazy.

Wor-Gar said:
What Falcon -- that giant light-up one?

He's probably talking about the Master Replicas "Studio Scale" Falcon, which would be around $3,000 after shipping for the Signature Edition.

I'd gladly pay $100 or more a pop for figures with Hot Toys bodies, Sideshow sculpted heads(in proper 1/6 scale, no overcompensation for "shrinkage"), Hot Toys quality accessories, Sideshow outfits(though slightly better quality- leather or pleather boots).

If it was just more complicated but otherwise normal Sideshow figures with smaller production runs, then no. I mildly resent paying the prices for Japanese figures, although Hot Toys is the easiest to swallow for me. There's no perfect 1/6 company though.

-Sideshow has the best licenses, the best prices, the best headsculpts, the best paint schemes(sometimes undone by the production process), but the worst bodies, average-to-cheap accessories, and too big heads.

-Medicom has great licenses, great outfits, great articulation, bad sense of scale(usually, maybe getting better), relatively plain paint schemes, next to no accessories, and outrageous prices(relative to the competition).

-Hot Toys has great licenses, great outfits, great bodies, great accessories(if a tad too much reuse), good sculpts, poor paint schemes, and expensive prices.

-Takara's best licenses are shared by other companies and the rest obscure, they have great outfits, okay accessories, okay headsculpts, great articulation, expensive prices.

The majority of Sideshow's 1/6 output is pretty damned good, even at this pricepoint(although that's creeping up all the time) so I don't think there's much need for a separate higher end 1/6 line. Even if they did start such a line I wouldn't expect them to fix the flaws I mentioned above in it.

wookilar8 said:
Ok guys, how many of you would become Elitist. If Sideshow were to create a line of very limited, higher quality & more expensive figures, would you bite? I'm thinking like Dragon has DiD, doing higher quality stuff for them. I think it'll be the only way to get..................

Medieval Krugan
kurgan2.jpg

General Kael
vid131.jpg

Frankenstein The Revenant
frankensteintherevenant1.jpg

Those 3 are all figures I would buy at any price.

I would be willing to pay a more premium price (re: $75-125) on a case-by-case basis as long as the final production piece warranted it. This would include such figures as:

Darth Vader ($80-100) - if it had things like a very durable pleather suit, real metal chain, three-piece removable helmet or multi-stage interchangeable heads,

Boba Fett ($75) - die cast helmet and armor pieces, interchangeable head (now that we know what he looks like)

General Grievous ($125) - if it was a fully-articulated figure with the appropriate mix of die-case metal and plastic as well as the ability to switch from two to four arms

If you're refering to a complete line of Elite figures similar to Master Replicas' "Elite" line, then forget it.

I'm not going to pay nearly twice as much for any old thing just because it's slightly higher quality. Personally, it should already be a significantly good quality.

I would pay more for higher quality, but you're misinformed on the Dragon DiD thing. They are 2 seperate and competing companies. Dragon's higher end line is sold through Cyber Hobby.

Back