Definitive 1/6 Thor? Help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtrain2682

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So finished my arkham collection and have moved back to 1/6 scale. My theme is movie heros/anti heros.
Now unlike my Nolan-verse collection i'm not going 'completist' so want 1 version of the character i want - Wolverine in his funeral attire is perfect (i know right :-/) but no matter how much research i do i can't decide which Thor to go with so am asking you guys for opinions.

The original movie, the Avengers or The Dark World version?

Gracias amigos!

IMO go for The Dark World (with sleeves). Best sculpt so far, close to the comic book look, practically the same look in his next movie appearance (AoU).

Dark World with sleeves. Such a nice figure!

Pros: Head sculpt, tailoring, die cast mjolnir and general awesome.

Cons: Only one nitpick is the transition of the cape from the solid shoulder piece to the free flowing material. It doesn't quite flow in a straight line but yeah, really fussy nitpick. The figure is quite literally a god.

There really is no definitive look. You'll be waiting forever considering there's still AOU, Thor:Ragnorok, and the Infinity War to be released. But I would go with Dark World Light Asgardian Armor, although he is sold out and at a higher price on Ebay. He's closer to the comic look. I don't know where people are getting that the sleeved look is closer to the comic look. He didn't get the sleeved look until the films came out, or maybe his look right before then. Thor never wore sleeves before this modern look.

There really is no definitive look. You'll be waiting forever considering there's still AOU, Thor:Ragnorok, and the Infinity War to be released. But I would go with Dark World Light Asgardian Armor, although he is sold out and at a higher price on Ebay. He's closer to the comic look. I don't know where people are getting that the sleeved look is closer to the comic look. He didn't get the sleeved look until the films came out, or maybe his look right before then. Thor never wore sleeves before this modern look.

Since 2007...

4da8b9bf4a1fa.jpg

Thor_Marvel_XP_Old.png

There's your answer. His latest costume in comics and film has him with sleeves (plus his longer tunic). Yes, it's not his classic look but it's the current one and he's had it before the films. That's where people are getting it from. Edit: Beaten

Yup, Dark World. With or without sleeves is up to you (mine has sleeves), but the Dark World head sculpt is the best of all the Hot Toys Thors. It looks exactly like Chris Hemsworth.

I went for the no sleeves Dark world thor since I think it will hold his value more down the line since it is EX. But either way you can't go wrong specially that the sleeved version is going for cheap these days.

Dark World Thor. Id buy one but don't like the gold. I'm OK with Avengers Thor until AoU Thor is released.

Now you know. Hemsworth's armored look wasn't made for the movie. It was based on Olivier Coipel's design:

Thor_Marvel_XP_Old.png

There's your answer. His latest costume in comics and film has him with sleeves (plus his longer tunic). Yes, it's not his classic look but it's the current one and he's had it before the films. That's where people are getting it from. Edit: Beaten

I myself prefer the Avengers armor with the Dark world sculpt.

It's all up to your own preferences but I think there is no doubt you want the Dark World sculpt.

I don't think even HT will trump that one.

I also only want one version of each character. I vote for either of the Dark World Thor, but I went without sleeves because "Sun's Out, Guns Out."
I just wish I could find an Avengers Loki without having to sell bodily fluids to pay for it.

I also only want one version of each character. I vote for either of the Dark World Thor, but I went without sleeves because "Sun's Out, Guns Out."
I just wish I could find an Avengers Loki without having to sell bodily fluids to pay for it.

Avenger Loki and DW Thow look damn amazing together. Make it happen! :yess:

Someone had a pic of the 3 posted together in the Thor thread a long while back. Hands down, The Dark World armored. :wink1:

Back