Hello all you out there in internet land!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trans8010

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey everybody what is up?

My name is Darren and I've been on this earth for 27 years.

I'm a former Walmart employee and currently work at a grocery chain.

I'm mainly a collector of vintage toys mainly the old TMNT figures Bandai's original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the classic Kenner Batman lines. I do collect in some of the newer figure lines some of my favorites are

Star Wars Black Series 6 inch figures
the new TMNT 2012 line as well as the Classic Collection
Marvel Legends Infinite
the 1966 Batman line
Game of Thrones from Funko.

I've been collecting action figures for a long time about 20 years ever since I was 5. I know people like to play with their toys at that age, staging wars, bathtime adventures and sandbox torture traps, but I never was one of those kids. I actually liked to display them at a very early age and played with them with very loving care. Hardly any of my toys suffered from broken joints (besides an April O' Neil that my sister and I drawn and quartered sad to say) or major paint loss. I really dont know why but I just didnt like to see any harm come to my toys and that resonates to this day. You can find me down the aisle of any local TRU or Walmart looking at imperfections on different figures I wish to buy. I will not leave unless I feel the paint apps or as correct as they can be. I know I'm a freak! LOL Through the years I have ammassed quite a collection with a lot of my toys still from my childhood and many still with the original boxes.

I think my most prized possessions in my entire collection are in no particular order

a Mint and Complete 1990 Technodrome
a Mint and Complete 1992 Batman Returns Batcave Command Center
a Mint and Complete 1993 Deluxe set Megazord, Dragonzord and Titanus
a Mint and complete set of all 4 Movie Star Ninja Turtles from 1992
a Mint and Complete 1992 Crash Car

When I am not collecting I am usually working or simply hanging out in my house watching movies on my blu-ray player or out on league nights with friends at the bowling alley. I'm considered an introvert by many and I don't really converse much nor feel I add much to a conversation I guess that's why I frequent a few forums I feel it's where I can open up without prejudice or ridicule.

So here I am. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

:welcome Darren! Sounds like a fun collection you've got - I used to collect the older Star Wars stuff myself, its funny how older toys can really bring back memories!

Hope you enjoy the forums (and I can relate to the introvert - if it wasn't for the internet I wouldn't have much of a social life lol!)

Cheers,
Ken

Thanks guys! Yeah I have a fun collection. Oh one more figure I should have added was my Mint and Complete Combat Belt Batman! Man is that figure near perfect. One I've really wanted to start on was the upcoming BTAS/TNBA line but that first Batman didnt impress me out of the gate. The costume is that blueish gray and is not at all accurate to the character model. That and the QC issues I've been hearing about scare me to death.

Back