Statue FINALLY!!! My 1:1 ESB Darth Vader Statue is Complete (Lots of pics inside)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent72

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, it took over a year and a half to get this project done because of various obstacles that I won't get into here, but my 1:1 ESB Vader statue is finally complete. This whole odyssey started when I was able to get my hands on a TM ESB helmet which is the most accurate ESB helmet in existence(and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise). From there I was able to get the Elstree chest armor from DarthVaderV which is a perfect match for the TM helmet. The cape and robe were made by KevVader, the chest box and cod piece are from ArtisanProps, the belt boxes, belt buckle and saber clip from Ace Replicas, GT shin guards, leather gloves from Indy Magnoli, and a custom made leather suit with custom leather boots. The mannequin was built exactly to David Prowse's measurements during the filming of ESB along with a custom lighted Carbon Freezing Chamber base and bluetooth voice system that has a breathing function and lines from all the films.

Overall, I'm thrilled with how this statue turned out and it's light years ahead of the licensed Rubies/Michael Burnett Vader statue I had for over 10 years! The one thing I've always wanted in my collection is a screen accurate ESB Vader and that goal has finally been achieved. Here are some pics I've taken and a link to a video clip I shot as well. I really need to get a professional photographer with a high end camera in here to do a photo shoot because my pics don't really capture how impressive it looks in person, but hopefully they'll at least give some indication of the work that went into making this piece. Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.

20141115_172438.jpg

20141115_210935.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

20141115_210239.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

20141115_211426.jpg

20141115_211215.jpg

20141115_172656.jpg

20141115_182230.jpg

And here is a video I shot that features the breathing and voice clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgAJDYOJHVU&feature=youtu.be

That's incredible, nicely done bud.
Is the mannequin posable?

The mannequin itself isn't, but the arms do have limited range of motion and the hands are flexible. At some point I may have him holding a lightsaber in the right hand, but for right now I prefer the look of the hilt on his belt.

Thanks for the nice words. :)

Nice work there bro, all the best parts you can get for an ESB Vader. Would live to land a TM one day too.

Wow, this looks incredible! Keeping my fingers crossed that the Anovos looks half as good. :dunno

Made a couple of minor alterations to get it a bit more accurate. Moved the chest box up closer to the armor and lessened the amount of torso showing between the bottom of the chest box and the belt.

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

And just for the hell of it, here's a shot of a couple badass dudes:

IMG_2364.jpg

Back