Anyone still collect Hasbro 3 3/4 inch?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocktonix

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I haven't been collecting this in over a year now I've got about 200 - 250 carded figures I'm going to be selling soon. The majority being Green carded figures, a whole Ep 1 collection and some Ep 2/early saga figures. Just wondered if any one here would be interested before I wasted my time posting lists in the commerce section.

I used to as well, but gave 95% of them away to my cousin. The only ones I kept were the orange card long sabers and the theater edition Jedi Luke and the Jedi Luke vest varient. Maybe1 or 2 others, but not many.

I as well used to collect the carded figures. I am now done with this as most of them are the same thing on different cards. My tastes have also grown with my wallet so I can afford nicer collectables now.

BadMoon said:
My tastes have also grown with my wallet so I can afford nicer collectables now.

Exaclty how I feel. Plan on using the money from these to help complete my SW PF collection.

I still do, all loose, but not to the same extent as I used to. Looks to be some cool figures coming out this year, looking forward to the concept Fett

I still do. I'm thinking this year (the 30th Anniversary) will be it though...there is a list of rumored figures coming I'm interested in and the "concept" figures look good, but I don't need to keep collecting a line that is quickly veering towards a kit-bashing/re-paint/reissue approach. Nor am I interested in the "chase" idea behind the coins or the unobtainable exclusive from a chain I have to drive three + hours on the off-chance I might get it. I also don't need the umpteenth version of Tatooine Luke or Darth Vader.
I'll keep my eyes out for characters that have never been done before and that's about it...but like Badmoon mentioned, my tastes have changed to the nicer collectibles as well. Good thing I'm gainfully employed! :lol

I sold my entire collection of Hasbro Star Wars figs back in October (they were all in storage for 6 years)...Hasbro killed the hobby for me (with the massive amount of repaints, different collections, etc.) but if it wasn't for Hasbro restarting the Star Wars lines back in '95 I don't think I'd be collecting what I am today. I went from collecting $8 figs to something more worthwhile and satisfying with the SW PF's...

i just sold off about 90% of my 3 3/4'' collection as it had sat in my closet for about 9 months without me even looking at it. kept a bunch my daughter wants to play with a handful of troopers for me but for the most part it is all gone. i did pick up the scorch figure the other day which i had been looking for a bit.

I have with the exception of about 10 POTJ figures ever figure in the modern line. I have everything from Episode 1 onwards on the card. I will probably go back and get everyone of the orange green and freeze frame cards eventually. I love to collect them. I hope to be able to put them all on one wall in my Star Wars room one day.

I still do as much as I can. I love those little guys! Sideshow is what I display for people to see, but the little buggers are sometimes just a lot more fun! I love both lines too much to drop either one. Besides, both of my collections are limited since money is so scarce for me, so it's not like hundreds of dollars are going into either hobby, though one can always dream.....:rolleyes:

Well, I guess it would definately be worthwile to post in the commerce section and let you guys have first stab at them.

I still collect these but I'm not excited about them anymore. It's just another new figure to add. I think Hasbro really killed the fun out of this line for me and everyone else.

Remember when it was fun to be a "completist"? Hasbro made that impossible to do that and to save any money because of all the rehashes and repaints and rereleases. I'm talking getting a ton of old figures just to get ONE new one!

I used to get two of everything; one carded one to open. Now it's just to open and only select NEW figures.

I plan on selling my carded collection now.

Question to those who sold off chunks of your collection: what means did you do to sell them off? Was it ebay? Or a private collector? Did you recoop your costs?

Last edited:
I never was a completionist, I just get the ones I like. Consequently I don't mind the repackaging and all that. There's still two or three I'm looking for though; my town sucks for finding the figures I want. :lol

I still do. I don't buy them all, but if it's OT and it's not a repack it's mine. There's no way I can pass up the Concept figures and there's going to be like 12 of them this year. This is a year for collectors.

I've made a recent decision to stop buying these figures because I just cant find them where I'm located.
Case in point, yesterday I went to Target hoping to find the Mace Windu squad pack of clone troopers that I read were on sale for $9 something, and didn't find them.
In fact Ive never seen them or any of the 501st figures and I'm missing a few clones so I've just decided to give up.

I'm still collecting the Titanium ships because they're a bit easier to find.

Over the past year and a half, I've been systematically selling off my Hasbro collection in bits and pieces. Quite a few MR and GG pieces were included in that purge as well as more novelty-type items (PEZ dispenser collection, etc.). I have very few Hasbro pieces left...a couple figures, some Titanium die-casts...whatever's in my collection gallery thread.

I lost interest in the whole "bug hunt" for many reasons. Too many rehashes. Too many nights going to my 24 hr. WM at one in the morning to scope out cases before scalpers hit.

Then, I discovered 1/6 scale figures in general through the Sideshow SW line, and I'm focusing on these collectibles now. They look nicer, they're more fun to have, and not as many people collect them which makes them a conversation piece for me.

Back