Captain America: The First Avenger Vs X-Men: First Class

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After some of us had a discussion about this a few weeks ago I thought I would make a

• Total voters

pturtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
X-MenFirstClassMoviePoster.jpg

Captain_America_The_First_Avenger_poster.jpg

Lead Performances
X-Men: First Class

Supporting Performance
Captain America: The First Avenger

Action Sequences
X-Men First Class

Visual Effects
X-Men First Class

Script
X-Men First Class

Story
X-Men First Class

Directing
X-Men First Class

Cinematography
X-Men First Class

Emotional Connection
X-Men First Class

Score
X-Men First Class

Characters
X-Men First Class

Overall
X-Men First Class 11 to 1

Captain America was a big bowl of meh.

First Class was the better flick.

The Green Hornet was better than both.

I still love both TFA and FC.
While being much less super-heroic then TFA, FC had better action and soundtrack to behold on a big screen.

Thor was ok overall but too boring most of its time.

First Class by a mile. I was really disappointed by Captain America, I just found it really dull. I've yet to see The Winter Soldier though.

I would give Cap the top spot because it had the best villain And great acting, compared to the other two.

While I enjoyed First Class, First Avenger was more enjoyable to me and that's coming from a long time Uncanny X-Men fan.

IMO, First Class should have been Angel, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops & Marvel Girl.

Yea, I always felt FC could have been a much better movie if it was a complete reboot with the original team, but then we probably wouldn’t have gotten DOFP if that were the case.

Yeah, I would have preferred the original team from the comics, but considering they didn't want to do a straight-up reboot the earlier films removed that possibility. I picked First Class. I thought it was surprisingly good, despite the odd character choices. As a long time Cap fan, TFA was a bit of a let-down for me apart from Evans and the great villain (best villain in the MCU so far IMO), but Winter Soldier has more than made up for the faults of TFA.

I think Hugo did a great job as Red Skull, but I don’t think he was particularly written that well, personally I think Loki (Thor 1) has been the best written villain of the MCU films so far and Hiddleston did a great job.

Weird poll to come out in 2014, almost 2015, but I voted X-men First Class. However I do enjoy that first Cap film.

Back