Clive Barker Talks "Hellraiser" Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian87

Super Freak
Reaction score
After various attempts to get the "Hellraiser" franchise off the ground again in recent years, word came a year ago that The Weinstein Company had sparked to an idea by the franchise's creator Clive Barker.

With the release of the director's cut of "Nightbreed" on disc this month, Barker recently gave an interview to EW and confirmed he has finished the second draft of the new "Hellraiser" which will both reboot and expand the story:

"I think the phrase is 'reboot,' although I've never really understood what that meant. I wanted to make sure we sounded some fresh notes.

The movie actually begins on Devil's Island. I wanted to fold into the Hellraiser narrative something about the guy - the Frenchman Lemarchand - who made the mysterious box, which raises Pinhead.

I figured, ‘Well, what would have happened to him?' He might well have been taken to Devil's Island [a penal colony] and I thought that would be a pretty cool place to start the movie. We're waiting for Bob [Weinstein] to come back to us and see when we're going to actually make the movie."

Barker only plans to write the reboot, no word on who may potentially direct.

source: Clive Barker Talks "Hellraiser" Reboot | News | Dark Horizons

I remember hearing murmurings recently about this. No purpose to it if he's not directing. Although I can't see it doing no worse than that piece of utter dog **** that was released recently. And if Doug Bradley isn't involved = fail.

I gave up after part 3-thought the first one was brilliant & different & part 2 was a very solid sequel. Three got ridiculous towards the last 3rd of the movie.

I remember watching the third and fourth in theatres. After that I think they were all DTV. To be honest after the fourth one I lost interest. I think there is one called Inferno!
If they are going to remake Hellraiser, don’t remake Pinhead. Im really not interest in a new Pinhead design.

The first film is a great work of cinema - respect, & I'm not even a real horror fan. :lol

I saw the 2nd & 3rd years ago, & didn't mind them from memory - but.. ehh.

Barker should know better, he made a good film with the first - leave this classic story alone.

This age of rebooting/remaking/re-imagining 70s/80s franchises over and over is getting is way beyond stale.

Back