Michael Bay Will Not Return For Next Transformers Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IGN has just confirmed that Michael Bay will not be returning to direct Transformers 5.

After going back-and-forth multiple times concerning his directing the Transformers movies, it appears Michael Bay has finally decided not to return, instead opting to direct a Benghazi drama, titled "13 Hours" based on the novel by Mitchell Zuckoff.

The 5th live action Transformers film was officially announced earlier this month at the Hasbro third quarter 2014 earnings conference call, although after the box office success of Age of Extinction many assumed a 5th installment was a certainty.

No Transformers 5 for Michael Bay, Directing Benghazi Drama Instead - IGN

IGN has just confirmed that Michael Bay will not be returning to direct Transformers 5.

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

yes_data.gif

I bought the first film - 2DVD set. Even that's meh. :lol

After going back-and-forth multiple times concerning his directing the Transformers movies, it appears Michael Bay has finally decided not to return, instead opting to direct a Benghazi drama, titled "13 Hours" based on the novel by Mitchell Zuckoff.

The 5th live action Transformers film was officially announced earlier this month at the Hasbro third quarter 2014 earnings conference call, although after the box office success of Age of Extinction many assumed a 5th installment was a certainty.

No Transformers 5 for Michael Bay, Directing Benghazi Drama Instead - IGN

my85dA4.gif

Doesn't matter now, the damage has been done. They're just after making more money and selling toys over making good movies.

:exactly:

It's like finding out there's a cure for your cancer after you're already dead.

I don't think it will matter much. I'm sure his successor will be another hack director, and probably one without as much talent at creating explosions. It isn't like Steven Spielberg is going to decide to take up the directing duties himself now, or that they'll be able to recruit (or even interested in recruiting) Joss Whedon or Ridley Scott or something. And the script is still likely to be written by the same semi-trained monkeys responsible for the other films.

They should reboot the whole thing and change the design of the characters, and you know....make them look like actual Transformers this time. Simple, sleek, give them noses and make them less complex, like the Pacific Rim robots.

Why would they? These movies are monster hits every time out the gate.

I know they won't, but they should eventually. The same way other characters change when they are rebooted. If the Bayformer era is over, it should be completely over and bring something new. It's too bad he couldn't leave before making part 4, because now the studio will continue with that story-line (that's if there's even a story in those films). Hopefully, after 2 more crappy Bayformer style TF films, fans will get the TF films they deserve, not just the one that they need.

I know they won't, but they should eventually. The same way other characters change when they are rebooted. If the Bayformer era is over, it should be completely over and bring something new. It's too bad he couldn't leave before making part 4, because now the studio will continue with that story-line (that's if there's even a story in those films). Hopefully, after 2 more crappy Bayformer style TF films, fans will get the TF films they deserve, not just the one that they need.
Unfortunately they're never going to change the formula. They're probably going to hire a director that's similar to Bay. These movies are a cash cow for them and is basically a 2 hour 30 minute commercial for their toy line. It's like asking Hot Toys to stop making Iron Man figures. People complain but it's not going to change anything. It makes them a load of cash and so they're not going to bother risking with a reboot.

Unfortunately they're never going to change the formula. They're probably going to hire a director that's similar to Bay. These movies are a cash cow for them and is basically a 2 hour 30 minute commercial for their toy line. It's like asking Hot Toys to stop making Iron Man figures. People complain but it's not going to change anything. It makes them a load of cash and so they're not going to bother risking with a reboot.

I blame the fans or the audience. I don't get why they keep watching those films? It's not like most of them like them, yet they keep going back for more. The first time, I get. They don't know what they're getting. Second time, ok this might be better than the first film. But by the third and fourth film...there's no excuse . They are brainwashed, literally. How else can you explain such a phenomenon?

everyone forgets bay didnt even want to do these movies to begin with,
people forget it was Steven who had to convince him, and the one who wanted the cheesy family in the movie, the one that oversees everything

bay was just the puppet, dont forget who the puppet master of this franchise was guys

MTE5NTU2MzE2Mzc0MDA5MzU1.jpg

I can't imagine anyone expecting something good the fifth time around. Hell, anyone who expected a decent second movie was a fool. Still amazes me these made so much money. What I remember was nothing but 2.5 hours of watching a sack of quarters flung around in a dryer with a strobe light.

Back