Speculation: Any Star Wars announcements before Toy Fair NYC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theropod

Super Freak
Reaction score
My guess would be no, but that we should expect some pleasant suprises in February.
However, I wish there was something to be announced beforehand.
-theropod

Like I said in the Toyfair thread, I have my hopes up for 1/6 Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtroopers. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

The ill Jedi said:
Like I said in the Toyfair thread, I have my hopes up for 1/6 Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtroopers. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Amen to that. I wouldn't mind a Commander Cody.

I think it's time we see an armored character. They have had a year and a half to work on it and it seems like now is as good a time as any. At least by SDCC. (They're going to have to do something to top Jabba...)

However, I don't expect an announcement in January. I think that whatever they've got ready will be held until Toy Fair in February.

I think we may get something in Jan.

Though, at TF I expect a couple of announcements. I think another Heros Figure and another S&V Figure. Then at SDCC an armored figure if not announced at C4.

We're overdue for an announcement. We've had nothing in December, nothing since Asajj.

I fully expect a new SW figure to be announced in the first 2 weeks of January... quite possibly a preview next Thursay (podcast + newsletter). But I don't think it will be a character that will blow us away. That they will save for February. So maybe a Greedo or Lando in January, something like that, something needed but not assounding. And something from the OT.

Greedo would be somewhat a big announcement. He's like Maul, Fett, and a few others with a nice following.

jlcmsu said:
Greedo would be somewhat a big announcement. He's like Maul, Fett, and a few others with a nice following.

I would love a Greedo, but I'm not sure he ranks up there with Fett and Maul. But I meant that he would not be a surprise... we've been guessing him since the S&V line started. A BIG announcement would be something like an armored figure, or another military grouping (Hoth), or Palpatine because he's so coveted... things like that will be held for ToyFair. Greedo isn't cool enough to break out at ToyFair.

That's true. I think they will announce an armored figure either at C4 or SDCC. Heck, they might do it at both.

I want a Vader where his helmet and mask are a consistent style. I have the Medicom ROTJ Vader, and it's phenominal but one thing I never realized until I bought this figure and the Riddel mini helmet, is that ROTJ vader has some gloss and some matte parts to his Mask, for lighting effect or something I guess, and I'm not a fan of that style, I'd rather it all one way or the other, so I guess my vote would be an ESB or a ROTS version.

jlcmsu said:
I want them to go with an ANH Vader.

That'd be good for the 30th, but it was too simple looking for me, the chest plate was pretty much one tone, I like the mix of silver and black seen in Ep 3, 5 and 6. However, I'm all for ANH Vader IF they produce an ANH Obi-Wan to counterpart, my Obi-Wan collection (which is starting to rival my Maul collection) needs a solid ANH representation and the PF was too costly for me, where you'll get about the same out of a 12" version. I'm sure it's an amazing piece, everyone that has it says so, by at high costs I have to weigh out how well the character/item utilizes it's scale and seeing how nice the 12" SSC line comes out, I don't think Old Ben is someone that uses the PF scale to it's fullest, not like a Vader or Grievous where there are many little details to bring out, or Maul's 1:1 bust where you can create a unique and beautiufl piece. So if it's to be ANH Vader, my vote is for a simultaneous Old Ben unveiling, I would say a 2-Pack, but being specific characters (not general like soldiers) I'm sure they won't do that cuz some people may only want Ben and not Vader or vice versa.

I think we'll get a couple of PPOs before TF but nothing grandbraking like an armored character, I think that will come unveiling at TF. I'd love a Greedo and Tarkin announced and PPO'd and then at TF the unveiling of ANH Vader and an ANH Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot.

Tarkin would be nice in that he, like Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal) has a lot of character in his face, the cheek bones and all, so to see a nicely done sculpt of him would be awesome.

This being the 30th anniversary year, and a good chunk of time into the license, I think they could realistically have quite a few figures this year from A New Hope. I certainly don't think it's out of the question to see one at Toy Fair, one at Celebration IV, and one at SDCC. In fact, I would be surprised if that didn't happen. Old Ben seems a likely candidate, as well as Tarkin. If they are ready for armor, Vader would be a great choice.

I am most interested in seeing how they can come up with an environment that surpasses the Jabba's throne display for SDCC this year. Maybe they will shift gears and give us a vehicle instead?

Yup, I'd want the chair included too though or at least an environmental offering...

Back