Hot Toys Captain America: Which is better? TFA or GA?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I would go with the First Avenger. Golden Age has a fancier suit and better shield, but also looks more awkward. Neither has a great likeness, but at least First Avenger looks like a normal human being, and doesn't have some wacky facial expression that doesn't really fit on most displays.

The First Avenger. Sculpt may not be accurate at all but it's a pretty kick ass piece to own. I love mine!

The Golden Age version is by far one of my favorite figures in my collection. With that being said I did do the shoulder mod, but I wouldnt take anything for it. The head looks amazing in action poses DEF not just static poses.

Guess I chose well...bought the TFA version from a fellow member a couple of weeks ago and its an amazing figure.

i sold my TFA version after receiving the GA version and i don't regret it

TFA....That is all:lecture
Put an unmasked knock off head from ebay and its great..cant see me replacing it.

Why did they make changes in the film? Aren't they meant to be the same suit?
For the most part. More casual viewers will think of them as the same, and that seems to be the primary point. But there are minor differences, and for the geeks who pay attention to that sort of thing it is explained as there being several different Cap suits used in WWII, some of which had slight variations such as this from the FA version.

as an owner of both, GA is superior, better coustume, even though TFA isn't terrible by any standards. What does it for me though is the diecast shield, worlds better than the plastic pieces of junk they have been giving us up until now, looks so much more realistic

I have both...GA by far. It is one of my favorite figures.
In fact, when I have a chance, I'm boxing up my TFA and sell it.
GA solved one of my biggest issue with TFA, he has mass. He doesnt look scrawny next to other figures and he looks like
he can hang with Thor now.

The only thing is that GA absolutely has to have a more dynamic pose. Standing heroic pose is a no no cause he looks too bulky.
That all disappears when he is in a more dynamic pose.
I thought at first I would have to do a few mods with my GA, but to my surprise, I am happy with him stock.
The only mod I did was loosened the pants cause his pants were too tight. Love The Diecast Shield!

For me to like the TFA, I had to do tons of mods. After mods, I love it, but the one thing that was hard for me to overlook is that he is on the small side.
From the pictures I've seen of the Winter soldier, Bucky looks like he is gonna be too big for TFA cap.
Its a great figure, but it all depends if you are ok with him being on the small side.

I own 2 TFA and 1 GA Captain America. I love both, but if I gotta pick one I'd go with GA Cap. I'm surprised more people are saying TFA. Does the people who are saying TFA see the GA in hand?

GA headsculpt looks herendous but have better body than TFA.

TFA have much accesories and most importantly cheaper

GA is exclusive and expensive like damn

I have to say that GA Cap is by far better. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of those who own both prefer GA Cap.

Back