Help! Which John Wayne poster should I get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whic poster should I get?

• Westward, Ho

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • The Searchers

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Rio Lobo

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • McClintock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • True Grit

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
I am going to get a framed movie poster to put on the wall behind my 1/4 scale John Wayne. The problem is, I can't decide which one. I have narrowed it down to these five--please tell me which one you think would best accent this great premium format figure:

0000-5382-4.jpg
143911.jpg
167548.jpg
170635.jpg
167547.jpg

7145_press01-001.jpg

Tom. I think you are going to have to find a poster from True Grit. That's the only one that fits the statue. IMHO.

My Bad Tom. I didn't slide over to see it on the end.

Well, here's my two-cents...

"The Searchers" is a classic and the poster itself is valuable.

"True Grit" matches your item -- but I find it boring.

"Rio Lobo" captures Wayne framed in a classic pose -- this is probably my favorite poster personally. Plus its says: "Give 'em hell, John"

But that damn McLintock "spank" has its own merits... :D

So there you go. Either "Searchers" or Rio Lobo" for me.

Even though the True Grit poster technically goes with the statue, I would go with Rio Lobo as I think it looks the best and also goes well with the statue.

westward Ho !!!! i would have choosen Searchers too but I think Westwars looks better. Has that Cowboy feel to it. Why get a poster that looks similar to the statue? :confused:

While the True Grit poster would be more appropriate thematically, I voted for Rio Lobo because the style fits better with the look of the statue.

True Grit, only because of the source material. That isn't the best picture though, why not get an 11x17 or something else. :cool:

If you're going to get the Rio Lobo poster you might as well just hang a photo of the pf behind it, they're so similar. Searchers makes a nice background and gets my vote. Gotta love the spanking one tough.:rotfl

I vote for "True Grit". It's what the PF is based on. Though the poster is rather blah and lacking in color, it just fits best. I would try to get a smaller version, as Matt mentioned, so that it's complimenting the PF and not competing with it for attention.

These last two posts have me thinking...

I guess I want something to complement the PF, not overwhelm/take away from it.

Now I am having a really hard time choosing.

:confused:

I hope I enjoy getting the statue as much as the Duke looks like he is enjoying spanking Maureen O'Hara.

The worst movie will make the best companion piece. Not only is the outfit close to the PF, but the "Give'em Hell John" slugline is great for the figure. Rio Lobo would be my choice.

FlyAndFight said:
I vote for "True Grit". It's what the PF is based on. Though the poster is rather blah and lacking in color, it just fits best. I would try to get a smaller version, as Matt mentioned, so that it's complimenting the PF and not competing with it for attention.

Agreed. True Grit complimets the PF with out taking away from it!

Go with True Grit Tom.

Tom!!! Cancel my vote for Westward ho!!! My vote goes to True Grit :cool:

...so..looks like you are 3 votes away from True Grit...hmmmmm....

*goes to Sandbox*

Back