The Sopranos discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'll be honest when I say that I just started watching the show, and, even though it's been over for quite a while, I was surprised to see that there was no real, designated thread to discuss it in. Especially when I read all of the enthusiasm on these boards. Plus, with the Blu-Ray release coming soon, there's some relevance to it, I suppose. So, I figured I'd start a thread where fans of the show can talk about it, debate; what have you.

Watched it from the very beginning when I just went into 9th grade. :lol

I loved most of the show, but it really fell off toward the end... although I appreciate the ending now, but it left me pissed when I first saw it... but at this point I can't see it ending any other way, it ended the way it should of.

I haven't gotten that far, yet. I'm on Season 4 Episode 10, right now. That new Blu-Ray set looks fantastic, though.

I wonder what you'll think of the ending, people hate it to this day. What do you think of the show so far?

I love it. It's ridiculously addicting. The one thing about it, though, is that it's hilarious, and that surprised me. I was talking about it with pturtle in the Dawn of Justice thread, and I'll reiterate here that I think all of the stuff with Livia is dark comedy gold that rivals some of the Coen Brothers' ouevre.

The first 3 seasons were perfection. After that, it was still good but the last season was pretty awful. The final episode was perhaps the worst series finale i have ever season. I know some people enjoyed it but I hated it.

Livia is hilarious :lol she's probably got the most realistic performance on the show outside of Gandolfini.

The first 3 seasons were perfection. After that, it was still good but the last season was pretty awful. The final episode was perhaps the worst series finale i have ever season. I know some people enjoyed it but I hated it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Livia is hilarious :lol she's probably got the most realistic performance on the show outside of Gandolfini.

She really is. She reminds me of my own mother, and, even, some traits of my grandmother. I can't tell if that says more about the quality of the writing or my family.:lol I know I've certainly had a few of her lines thrown at me in my time "kill me now, because nothing you do can hurt more than what you just said to me" comes to mind.:lol

She really is. She reminds me of my own mother, and, even, some traits of my grandmother. I can't tell if that says more about the quality of the writing or my family.:lol I know I've certainly had a few of her lines thrown at me in my time "kill me now, because nothing you do can hurt more than what you just said to me" comes to mind.:lol

I just read that in her voice :lol

Livia definitely dropped some of my Grandmother's lines.

I won’t spoil the ending, but in my opinion The Sopranos probably has the greatest ending to anything I’ve ever seen in any medium.

Each season is strong, the only season that seemed to drag a bit was Season 6A, and even that season was amazing.

I think the show started declining after S4. S6B was better than A, that first half was a complete waste of time.

I'm still pissed about the ending. I know there wasn't any way to end it that would have lived up to the hype but it still irritates me, especially after they revealed what happened after.

I agree, second to last season? I don't really remember but it just felt out of place with the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I liked it, wasn't amazing but definitely a stronger season than S6 IMO. I think S2 was probably my favorite.

:lol:lol

Little piece of trivia, for this scene Bobby is actually holding a giant dildo to make Gandolfini laugh.

I'm still pissed about the ending. I know there wasn't any way to end it that would have lived up to the hype but it still irritates me, especially after they revealed what happened after.

The ending rules. You need to stop being pissed about it and embrace its awesomeness.

There's so much analysis on the ending, but all the evidence of what truly happened is right in front of you. I don't know why it was even up for debate.

Man, I've been asleep, when did Chase reveal that? spoiler tag for BF pls

Back