Cutting the SLAB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
Well, it's coming and SOON! I can't wait for Jabba but the slab/throne has got me all in a twixt because I STILL can't justify the cost no matter how hard I try. The CA tax alone is like $20 and this will end up costing me about $250, I just can't justify that, but that's just me. :D

So for me, for now, I think I will be "cutting the slab" and hoping maybe to pick it up down the line for a better price.

I know it is a great piece and must have for so many so I salute those who are waiting breathlessly for it! Just wondering how y'all feel at this point because decisions have to made fairly soon...

Did you get your notice yet? I don't know though. I feel like "The Dude" on this one. I mean, Jabba on the slab would really tie the room together. I know for me I can't just get Jabba without the slab.

Dont worry Pjam,you will be able to find one on ebay really easily...probably under retail...

BadMoon said:
Did you get your notice yet? I don't know though. I feel like "The Dude" on this one. I mean, Jabba on the slab would really tie the room together. I know for me I can't just get Jabba without the slab.

No, no notice yet but it's coming soon I suspect, probably in the next 45 days.

Shai Hulud said:
Dont worry Pjam,you will be able to find one on ebay really easily...probably under retail...

Yeah thanks Shai, the edition size is pretty big so I think YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

The flex pay shows the last one in Feb 15th so I'm assuming that it won't ship till then.

If only Sideshow would 'cut the slab'. And by slab, I mean the price of the other slab, the throne slab, you know. It really is hard to justify that kind of money for a slab!

pjam said:
No, no notice yet but it's coming soon I suspect, probably in the next 45 days.

Don't be hasty. This thing won't be here before April. It's sure to hit some delays with the size of this. Wait until you get the arrival notice and then decide. And don't forget, there are probably only about half as many thrones as there are Jabba's. Don't be so sure that this will be an easy find down the road.

The ill Jedi said:
Yeah, I went the Flexpay route with this as well, so I'm not too worried about the price. If I had to pay it all at once, now that's a different story!

But couldn't you just save up the money from the previous flexpays?

I bit the bullet and went all in for this, Jabba and throne. It just completes it for me. Also, I am moving soon to a larger house and that sealed it for me

pjam said:
Yeah thanks Shai, the edition size is pretty big so I think YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

ed_macmahon.jpg

YES OH GREAT ONE !!!

I have no problem absorbing the cost in small increments. Is it a lot of money? Yep. But I don't think about that as much as the joy of putting the whole set-up together.

Customikey said:
I have no problem absorbing the cost in small increments. Is it a lot of money? Yep. But I don't think about that as much as the joy of putting the whole set-up together.

Yeah, and you've got your CM Gammy too, gonna look great when it's all put together, can't wait to see it! :D :cool:

jlcmsu said:
The flex pay shows the last one in Feb 15th so I'm assuming that it won't ship till then.
The last Flex pay for me in Feb 5th. I'm paying the 2nd on the 5th of Jan. Where does it say Feb 15th?

Back