Would you choose Life size Boba Fett, Han Solo or T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgroot

Super Freak
Reaction score
So this a decision i cant make alone cause i can only take one so id love some input.
I find Han Solo is more like Art so it can be set in a home like art, but im a fan of the 2 others as well.

So instead of choosing, id love to know what you all think and why? Which has the best value over time.

Han in Carbonite all the way....Boba Fett is soooo overated and not even and interesting character. T800 doesnt interest me. I am a biased SW collector and although the T800 is a cool design I would never own one. But like I said the HIC is such an iconic image. Thats' my two cents.

...Oh and save yourself $6000.00 and source out accurate parts for the HIC on the RPF and you will end up with a far superior HIC for less than $1000.00. Thats a better deal Sideshow 1:1 pieces are stupidly overpriced

Han in carbonite is truly a very cool thing because it was made as interior decor. I'd go for that for a more clean environment, and I'd choose all other characters for man caves.

Agreed with DarthChris. For me HIC is the most iconic and the most pleasant to look at. That would be my first choice, for sure.

It may be true about saving money, but the SSC HIC would have more value as a collection piece because its an officially licensed piece

...Oh and save yourself $6000.00 and source out accurate parts for the HIC on the RPF and you will end up with a far superior HIC for less than $1000.00. Thats a better deal Sideshow 1:1 pieces are stupidly overpriced

It may be true about saving money, but the SSC HIC would have more value as a collection piece because its an officially licensed piece

It depends if you want something accurate, or are merely collecting it because of its perceived "value".

Is the HIC not movie accurate, it seems they went through great pains to make it so, the sculpt looks accurate, ive seen some bad sculpts of Hans face

I guess, if you bought the piece at retail, you MAY one day be able to resell it and MAYBE make your money back but most likely you would still take a hit and sell it at a slight loss. But if you have the $$$ to buy the SSC HIC, you would make $6000 profit by building your own. I would rather have the extra $6000, and an amazing HIC. So it's a no brainer to me. Collectibles are never a good investment for resell.

The SSC HIC is pretty nice but not nicer than an RPF custom could be with 1st gen sourced parts. SSC is idealized.

Oh and don't get caught up on "officially licensed" stuff. There are way better counterparts to pretty much every licensed SW prop. That's the beauty of SW is it is all made from found parts. So with patience you can have a better more accurate replica.

Could you point in the right direction id like to source out what is needed to have one custom built

I guess, if you bought the piece at retail, you MAY one day be able to resell it and MAYBE make your money back but most likely you would still take a hit and sell it at a slight loss. But if you have the $$$ to buy the SSC HIC, you would make $6000 profit by building your own. I would rather have the extra $6000, and an amazing HIC. So it's a no brainer to me. Collectibles are never a good investment for resell.

The SSC HIC is pretty nice but not nicer than an RPF custom could be with 1st gen sourced parts. SSC is idealized.

Ive got the t800! and have fett and vader on pre order... If I could choose one, hmmmm the t800 is just crazy badass!! but then again, haven't seen fett or vader in person

I collect from SW and Terminator franchises. I saw T800. They r amazing in person and cheap cast of HiC front panels are easy to find. Even accurate ones.
Ply I can just screw it to your cinema room door if u like;)
They are all good choices though.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to look into this option for years now but always keep on forgetting:lol

I like the t800 and its the cheapest of the bunch. Ive read some bad issues with it on other threads i guess its all about which one you get.

this is a tough one.

Ive got the t800! and have fett and vader on pre order... If I could choose one, hmmmm the t800 is just crazy badass!! but then again, haven't seen fett or vader in person

always wanted a 1;1 boba.. that gets my vote

Of those 3 the OP mentioned I'd take Boba over HIC and the T-800.

And I agree with everyone who has said that Sideshow's HIC is insanely overpriced. Unlike the Boba Fett which would probably cost as much as SS is asking or more to build your own, the HIC can easily be done for 1/4 the price.

If I had to pick, I'd go with Boba Fett. Yes, he is my favorite character, but I've never seen the allure of Han in Carbonite as a 1:1 piece. Just seems very boring. While the t-800 is a nice piece, I've never been a big fan of the design overall.

Back