Iron Man 4 (directed by Mel Gibson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronManny

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone read the article about this yet? I was surprised not to see it on this site (if it was posted already, please delete this - or I'm sure I can do it)

Robert Downey Jr. would be willing to do Iron Man 4 if he can have Mel Gibson direct. That would be amazing!

Has anyone read the article about this yet? I was surprised not to see it on this site (if it was posted already, please delete this - or I'm sure I can do it)

Robert Downey Jr. would be willing to do Iron Man 4 if he can have Mel Gibson direct. That would be amazing!

That, in the very least, would be interesting. Apocalypto was pretty amazing, can't imagine what he would do with Iron Man.

I would be so excited if Mel got this. I love the man, personal demons aside the man is a great filmmaker and a terrific actor. I hope this works out! The studio wants IM 4 so badly I can actually see this happening. And what a cool move by Downey for helping his friend.

You, me, Marvel and Disney knows it would make a billion $. And I bet it would be a good freakin motion picture too

This would be great!personally I don't think what Mel Gibson said was that bad.sure it was racist but he was in an argument with his girlfriend.who hasn't said stupid things when there mad.can you really be that mad at him?after all his best friend murtall was black,

Here is the quote:

DEADLINE: True, but the year he made Apocalypto, I didn’t see a better movie and he was ignored and hasn’t directed since. Marvel badly wants Iron Man 4 and you’ve said you aren’t doing it. How about the idea you’ll do that movie if Mel directs it?
DOWNEY: Correct.

DEADLINE: Is that our headline?
DOWNEY: Why not? That movie would be bananas.

nuff said

Robert Downey Jr. Wants Mel Gibson To Direct IRON MAN 4! - Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Author's opinion:

"Downey's 100% serious about this. He's been friends with Gibson for years, and knows a thing or two about being given second chances. And third chances. And fourth chances. Elsewhere in the Deadline interview, he says that Gibson has "fundamentally changed" (while later saying that "he's still Mel", but I get the idea)."

ePdkoj6.jpg

This would be great!personally I don't think what Mel Gibson said was that bad.sure it was racist but he was in an argument with his girlfriend.who hasn't said stupid things when there mad.can you really be that mad at him?after all his best friend murtall was black,

Uhhh...yeah...the guy is a F'ing ****** bag. I assume you aren't Black (again, I assume so) and that's why his comments are easily written off. What he said was wayyyyy over the top and spoke to many stereotypes that are really just disgusting...and that's to say nothing about his comments about Jews. I hope they keep him out of the MCU.

Is he talented...no one or nothing he says can take that away from him...but he comes with a sh|t ton of baggage and Disney would be smart not to touch him with a ten foot pole.

I respect your opinion and I'm just giving mine :peace

Last edited:
Uhhh...yeah...the guy is a F'ing ****** bag. I assume you aren't Black (again, I assume so) and that's why his comments are easily written off. What he said was wayyyyy over the top and spoke to many stereotypes that are really just disgusting...and that's to say nothing about his comments about Jews. I hope they keep him out of the MCU.

Is he talented...no one or nothing he says can take that away from him...but he comes with a sh|t ton of baggage and Disney would be smart not to touch him with a ten foot pole.

I respect your opinion and I'm just giving mine :peace

Spike Lee is worse, but he can get away with it. He makes ****** movies anyway.

I don't actually think Spike has said anything remotely as ignorant as what Mel said about blacks and Jews, why bring up Spike Lee anyway? That's just going to start an unnecessary argument since Spike Lee doesn't have anything to do with this article. Mel Gibson in my opinion isn’t a racist, he's a human being like the rest of us and said some dumb crap while he was angry, he's a talented actor/filmmaker I would love to see him direct Iron Man 4.

Last edited:
I don't actually think Spike has said anything remotely as ignorant as what Mel said about blacks and Jews, why bring up Spike Lee anyway? That's just going to start an unnecessary argument since Spike Lee doesn't have anything to do with this article. Mel Gibson in my opinion isn't a racist, he's just human and said some dumb crap while he was angry, he's human like all of us and a talented actor/filmmaker I would love to see him direct Iron Man 4.

Great post! We all **** up and say things we don't mean to privately, he just happens to be a celebrity.

Someoene should tell Devil666 to photoshop a BD cover for this movie!

Back