PDA

View Full Version : Which Court of the Dead pieces are you getting?

Butttornado
10-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Which ones are you getting?
While we wait for more COTD updates, lets share :)
BTW, let's put ES aside. Let's assume they will all be 2000.

Queen of the Dead
The Red Death
Death's Siren
Kier Fallen Valkyrie
Reaper General Mortighull
Cleopsis
Oglavaeil
Xiall Chancellor of Osteomancy
Shieve Arbiter of Bone
Death
Demithyle New Variant

The poll maxes out at 10. I couldn't fit Demithyle variant...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/thx217/IMG_4209_zpsa4b5029b.jpg~original

Butttornado
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I personally want these:
In order:
1. Oglavaeil
2. Death
3. Xaill
4. Reaper Variant
5. Mortighull
6. Kier

It's gonna be so awesome to have a massive display of Death. Guests are gonna be like "WTF"....

GeneralZodLives
10-01-2014, 11:45 AM
I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning toward Queen of the Dead for starters. I'm just not sure I want to start collecting another line.

Butttornado
10-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I ditched the DC line, and I am not getting any XM stuff. So this will be the only line I will be collecting. It's nice because its over a long span, these will be released. I can take my time with them. There isn't anything else I'm interested in.

Skulduggery76
10-01-2014, 07:27 PM
My desire for these statues runs in the order of:

1) Kier Fallen Valkyrie
2) Demithyle New Variant
3) Death
4) Shieve Arbiter of Bone
5) Death's Siren

50/50:
Queen of the Dead
The Red Death

Don't really care about:
Xiall Chancellor of Osteomancy
Oglavaeil
Cleopsis

And not paying for the markup of:
Reaper General Mortighull

Butttornado
10-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Red death is the only one without a vote lol. I expected that. I can't believe there's 1500 es.... I bet they will sell down the road though when people want to complete their factions.

Skulduggery76
10-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Where are the two Dead Court busts on this list?

Im getting Queen's Guard bust when its available. 50/50 on Templar of bone bust

Queens Guard

Templar of Bone

Butttornado
10-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Where are the two Dead Court busts on this list?

Im getting Queen's Guard bust when its available. 50/50 on Templar of bone bust
It allowed me to only add 10 choices. I am missing the busts and the reaper variant . Maybe the moderators can add the others for me.

Skulduggery76
10-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Ahh okay. Yeah just noticed after you said that...Demithyle isn't up there. Thanks for starting this thread - great idea.

CallMeTheDoctor
10-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Queen cause of that booty :monkey5 and Kier cause she is bad-****ing-ass. I don't collect dudes, so I'm solid on that and Cleopsis and Xiall aren't that sexy for me. Besides I can't overkill on souls and dead and all that stuff, gotta be aware with children in the home. So I have to pass on Siren.

Vallos
10-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I am getting all of them except the Demithyle variant. I'm not sure on the busts as this time.

Ramatuelle
10-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Queen cause of that booty :monkey5 and Kier cause she is bad-****ing-ass. I don't collect dudes, so I'm solid on that and Cleopsis and Xiall aren't that sexy for me. Besides I can't overkill on souls and dead and all that stuff, gotta be aware with children in the home. So I have to pass on Siren.

Silly rabbit, Xiall isn't about "sexy" - she is about sheer unadulterated majesty and occult power.

I do love Kier's face and that hand with the skull....! Wow. The sculpt from the waist down bothers me though. Pass.

In other news, this guy's simply magnificent. I like everything about hm.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=137080&d=1412185544

Chargersfan57
10-03-2014, 01:56 AM
If Queen turns out a home run then I'm getting every damn one of them, Well except for the busts.

Chargersfan57
10-03-2014, 01:59 AM
What's wrong with her waist down? She's got beautiful legs!

creature4000
10-03-2014, 04:43 AM
What's wrong with her waist down? She's got beautiful legs! I agree... I even love the bare feet! :rock

After seeing Red Sonja coming out very well, I think the queen will too. The only think will be is how "warm/fleshy" she is.

CallMeTheDoctor
10-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Silly rabbit, Xiall isn't about "sexy" - she is about sheer unadulterated majesty and occult power.

I do love Kier's face and that hand with the skull....! Wow. The sculpt from the waist down bothers me though. Pass.

Haha I know and thats a great point. I just need something to wow me. Naturally its the sex for sure, but these statues are filled with detail. Unfortunately I cant also go about with skulls and stuff so this line is super limited.

Ramatuelle
10-03-2014, 11:17 AM
What's wrong with her waist down? She's got beautiful legs!

She does have beautiful legs. Its just that I am bothered by her upper half being armored and from the waist down... she has a loincloth. And that's it.

Valkyries are warrior spirits, so had they left the loincloth and added a pair of really sexy, thigh-high armored boots this figure would have been a must-have for me. This is still a lovely piece - but to my eye its like the top and bottom half belong to two different sculptures. its just me and my weird way of looking at things.

Ramatuelle
10-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Haha I know and thats a great point. I just need something to wow me. Naturally its the sex for sure, but these statues are filled with detail. Unfortunately I cant also go about with skulls and stuff so this line is super limited.

You do know the focal point of the Kier sculpt is that blue skull she's holding, right? lol.... well, one of the focal points. :wink1:

Marcel54
10-04-2014, 09:48 AM
I am not that fond of the female statues, but then again I have that with almost all female statues by orders of my wife of 32 years :wink1: I do however like Mortighull and Death really a lot so if the price is right these two guys will be pre ordered.

Marcel

Butttornado
10-04-2014, 11:27 AM
I am not that fond of the female statues, but then again I have that with almost all female statues by orders of my wife of 32 years :wink1: I do however like Mortighull and Death really a lot so if the price is right these two guys will be pre ordered.

Marcel
I probably shouldn't let Sideshow know it, but I plan on buying all the Beasties, regardless of price. I think these are amazing. I agree with you about the females though. I am not a huge fan of them, except for Kier. I don't consider Xiall to be a girl lol.

jimcap
10-05-2014, 10:40 AM
As of now I'm planning to get.
1 Queen Of The Dead
2 Kier
3. Mortighull Reaper General
4. Xiall
5. Death

I'm on the fence with. Death's Siren & Cleopsis. Also i think there will be more characters to come.

Glad to see Kier running away with the poll. She's my fav so far, Deadly, Powerful and very Sensual.

Butttornado
10-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I was really hoping for more votes.
The consensus seems to be kier. Females really do sell best.

EnShinNoi
10-05-2014, 11:54 PM
These two beauties.

http://i.imgur.com/EWIprIK.png?1http://i.imgur.com/g5kz4e7.png?1

I was really hoping for more votes.
The consensus seems to be kier. Females really do sell best.
Here you go!

Have ordered / will order ?? (Court of the Dead) - Statue Forum (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146073&highlight=court+dead)

Vallos
10-06-2014, 06:35 AM
As of this writing, I am one of two that is getting Avarkus. Who is the other?

timelordscience
10-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Queen (hopefully; gotta get my money together) and Kier.
I like the designs of all of them but gotta limit myself since I also collect DC.

Carol's #1 Fan
10-06-2014, 12:39 PM
I plan on getting him, but I don't remember if I voted for him. I think he's super cool. I plan on putting him with my jack the ripper (and Gallevarbe, Xiall, and Cleopsis when they are out)

(the one who asked about red death....I thought I linked it...lol)

playa7
10-06-2014, 02:30 PM

If you click on "View Poll Results" below the poll, then you can see all the members who voted and for what. The other member who voted for Red Death is ChargersFan57.

I haven't voted yet becuase, I'm not sure which one I'm going to get. They all look awesome! But I can't get them all, lol. I'll most likely get QOTD and possibly Oglavaeil the Executioner or Shieve Arbiter of Bone. I would've prefered if Kier had some armor on her bottom half to match the top. Her skull mask looks incredible!

Vallos
10-07-2014, 06:07 AM
If you click on "View Poll Results" below the poll, then you can see all the members who voted and for what. The other member who voted for Red Death is ChargersFan57.
It seems that link is not available after you participate in the poll. However, the numbered results become links, and there is where you can view who participated. Thanks for the notice, nonetheless.

CallMeTheDoctor
10-07-2014, 08:15 AM
You do know the focal point of the Kier sculpt is that blue skull she's holding, right? lol.... well, one of the focal points. :wink1:
Haha yeah, I have Lady Death, which has a handful of skulls, so I'm okay with that, it's just at my current place, I have a lot of fam come over and I'd rather they not get weirded out lol. I will have my own place soon, and if that happens, I could care less of the skulls, as long as it isn't like overly demonic lol. Besides, like Jim posted, that's the money shot that has me going for Kier :wink1:

As of now I'm planning to get.
1 Queen Of The Dead
2 Kier
3. Mortighull Reaper General
4. Xiall
5. Death

I'm on the fence with. Death's Siren & Cleopsis. Also i think there will be more characters to come.

Glad to see Kier running away with the poll. She's my fav so far, Deadly, Powerful and very Sensual.

Kier is just :drool:drool:drool

Queen (hopefully; gotta get my money together) and Kier.
I like the designs of all of them but gotta limit myself since I also collect DC.

Yes....my exact problem too. Not to mention I want 5 Batgirls to commission variants. But if they announce them, than I ****ed up....oh well :lol

Also some of XM pieces has me thinking my methods, a lot of decision making.

panzer2
10-07-2014, 05:34 PM
i love them all when do you think they will be out to order this year ?? i wounder what the executioner and reaper will cost

Butttornado
10-07-2014, 05:38 PM
I honestly don't care how much they cost. I plan on getting the ones I want no matter what. Having to pay secondary prices down the road is no fun.

creature4000
10-08-2014, 05:21 AM
The executioner is awesome but I'm not a fan of the dog.

Chargersfan57
10-08-2014, 02:06 PM

Yep it was me. :hi5:

I think he'll come out great and be an amazing edition to the line.

325mg
10-09-2014, 12:39 AM
i voted red death as well. i think he is the most attractive one to me in this series.

playa7
10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Red Death's guts spewing out all over the place does look freaking awesome.

Butttornado
10-13-2014, 10:36 PM
This wait is killing me!!!
I want a new PO to open up. I can't wait for one of the heavy hitters, like Death, Mortighull, Oglieveil, or the reaper.

Pilky
10-13-2014, 10:43 PM
We're years away from this line being completed, which is lame. Probably be around 2017 before all of these are out. They said at least one per quarter from here on out so do the math.

Butttornado
10-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Yeah I know it will be forever, but I just want more lol. I can take the wait. If they really do release one each quarter, I consider that pretty good.

Butttornado
10-18-2014, 09:41 AM
How many statues do you guys think they will actually sell if this series? Most people buy for nostalgia of if a movie excited them etc. cotd is a completely new story and has no fan following. I feel like the es on these are too big already, and I don't envision them ever selling out... Which means resale will be nonexistent. Which also means people better be 100% sure they want something before they buy. I feel like the es really should be about 1000 on these.

Butttornado
10-23-2014, 03:48 AM
This line will determine how much I collect in the future. If they don't turn out good then I really don't have anymore statues that I want except for this line.... Anticipation!

Gliese1710
12-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and also new to collecting PF figures.
I have three 1/6 scale clonetroopers (shocktroop, Commander Bly & 'shiny' clonetrooper) from Sideshow already sitting on my shelf (along with some other figures and statues, mostly from preordering videogames) and stumbled over the Court of the Dead on the SS website this month.

After some thinking whether or not to buy some of them, as I really love the overall style (being a Warhammer fan, they kinda reminded me of some of my vampire counts models, but a tad darker, which is great), I pre-ordered Kier and Gallevarbe yesterday. Also planning to get my hands on Lord Supreme when he gets up for PO.

Already have some nice display idea for Gallevarbe on my mind, while I think that Kier will look awesome the way she is.
As I said, I really like the style of these figures, but there's no way that I'm putting the Red Death in my house! :lol

Greetings from Germany

Gliese

Medusoid
12-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Kier, Gallvarbe and Xiall.

Xenoburger_
12-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Cleopsis fo sho

Queen of the Dead, Kier, Xiall, Oglavaeil, maybe.

xjamiex
12-29-2014, 02:01 PM
All of the above! I freaking love this line. Death is currently one of my favourite pieces. :drool

Epicsnakehip
01-01-2015, 02:09 AM
It was this line that really got me excited about statues.

I am planning to get them all and super happy to hear of the PF Demithyle coming in the future [ I was gutted to see the legendary version and had missed him]. I have the queen and red death on order currently but will be ordering the other available ones next month ready for their dispatch dates later in the year :)

The range I think is just amazing

wierzbowski
01-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Well i was considering xial and oglaviel until i just saw oglaviel and the dog skratch are being sold seperately. What a money grab. Sideshow is now one of the shadiest companies around with qc to boot.

Sweet Rabbit
01-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Oglaviel

Butttornado
01-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Kind of dumb that they are selling them separate... That being said, most people probably didn't even want the dog. I will be getting both though :)
How far out is Ogllaviel? He's the one I'm most excited about.

Gliese1710
01-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I also put the Death premium art print on the WL. I don't think it will convert with the low quantity available and probably a long WL, but maybe I'm lucky.

Pilky
01-16-2015, 03:52 PM
I had planned on getting them all, but seeing as everything is constantly getting delayed, I cancelled all four of the currently available statues, I had on order. Maybe they will all be out by 2020? Either way, I'm 100% over it.

Chargersfan57
01-17-2015, 01:59 AM
I still plan on getting the entire line. Sure the delays suck but this line is the ONLY line of statues I'm interested in from ANY company. And a couple here and there from PCS.

So my collection will probably be long in the making, but I've got a lot to focus on in my daily life so whenever they do ship I will be more than happy to add them to the collection.

As long as QC holds of course.

The Giamontan
01-21-2015, 12:46 AM
I love them all. As to how many I'll end up owning is unknown. However, my wife loves these as well so I think I'll end up getting most. It'll make a fantastic display when all is done.