No love for Dagobah Luke/Yoda PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have no doubt that this is a great looking piece. but if you look at some of the other SW PF they are selling for dirt cheap as well. just wait until all the online retailers sell out of their inventory and then we'll see some price spikes. look at the PF leia, right now there are some online stores that have the regular listed for $212 and the exclusive isnt going for more than $300.

Great piece and a CHEAP price...kinda makes me mad I will pay full price from sideshow when retailers have it cheaper. Last time I buy a PF from sideshow I'll tell you that.

I had to cancel mine, too many things coming this month already. The value of this piece seems really low right now based on final sale prices on eBay so it was first on the chopping block.

Really the only reason I wanted this was for the exclusive anyway.

congerking said:
Great piece and a CHEAP price...kinda makes me mad I will pay full price from sideshow when retailers have it cheaper. Last time I buy a PF from sideshow I'll tell you that.

I'm being very selective as to whether I get exclusives or not just so I can go to a retailer and save $50. This one however, is a must for me.

I love it. It's the first and only high end item I've bought, and I'm eagerly awaiting shipment next month!

:chew

It's a great piece and the BEST exclusive we've ever seen with a PF. But I think retailers and customers are running scared because the first Luke was going very cheap on the secondary market.

I'm keeping mine and I'm so glad I did flex-pay after looking at what is comig in the next 30 days. the exclusive was a must for me.

It looks nice. Honestly the piece didn't have the long arms I some saw when I looked at it during SDCC. The exclusive is the best one so far outside of Grievous Cloak. However, I had to axe mine because it just doesn't fit into my funds right now.

Well, mine was free, so a high price after Christmas is not an issue!! Hooray for Sideshow! Honestly, even if I had to pay full price for this one I wouldn't be cancelling it. Everything else will have to go before I ever cancel one of the Star Wars PFs. In general, I prefer exclusives that give you an alternative display option to the main piece (Grievous' cape, Leia's arm, Lurtz's bow) to a separate little item that sits next to the figure (Vader, Obi-Wan, Luke/Yoda). So this isn't personally my favorite, but it is by far the best of the "additional item" type exclusives. (Yes, it beats even the wall-mountable Mandalorian artifact.)

I hate to say this, but I canceled mine too. I'm going to wait and pick it up later. I want to make sure I have the funds for Jabba and the rest of the 12" figures coming out in the next month or so.

I'm eagerly awaiting mine! Luke training with Yoda on his back was one of my fondest memories of ESB as a kid. The Exclusive is awesome too!

Well theres no way Im canceling. Im getting every Star Wars PF Sideshow makes. I hope alot of people cancel Fett so my wait list will go ahead and convert already.

jlcmsu said:
It looks nice. Honestly the piece didn't have the long arms I some saw when I looked at it during SDCC. The exclusive is the best one so far outside of Grievous Cloak. However, I had to axe mine because it just doesn't fit into my funds right now.

Yep, I had to axe mine as well. I would love to have it but just can't right now. After seeing what some of the older PF statues are going for on Ebay right now I don't think I will lose any sleep over it. Lots of them are selling $100 below retail. Which begs another question? Why does some of the Sideshow stuff not increase in value. But that is for a different thread I guess. Farewell Luke and Yoda. I hope to see you added to my collection at some point though.

It is a little disappointing to see these selling for so much less than what I'll be paying SS direct for the exclusive, but at least I'll have piece of mind about their awesome return policy in case there's anything wrong.

This is my favorite of all SW PF's. And at least there's the reward points.... :)

Khev said:
It is a little disappointing to see these selling for so much less than what I'll be paying SS direct for the exclusive, but at least I'll have piece of mind about their awesome return policy in case there's anything wrong.

This is my favorite of all SW PF's. And at least there's the reward points.... :)

Even the Grey Hulk PF sold for less than retail on eBay a few months ago. Does anyone have any doubts as to whether that will be worth more later? Pre-orders are very weird on eBay. Especially around Christmas. There tends to be a lot less frivilous spending around the holidays.

The main reason I feel these haven't gone up in price is the initial cost and edition size. That is why I cancelled my exclusive Luke and Yoda. With them making 1150 exclusives I figure if I really want it down the line I will probably be able to pick it up off ebay for at or below retail.

Khev said:

This went up for sale in February, and the Reward points are only tracked back to May. So no points for Luke & Yoda. Sorry to burst your bubble...

:eek:

Back