Riggs Shelf - Blade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiggsMcClane

Super Freak
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my intro thread I've collected neca figures for close to fifteen years. Previous to that McFarlane and before that thundercats, heman, etc. Currently I work from home creating or painting prop replicas. I guess I won't focus on that so much and instead show what Hot toy figures I get as I get them.

Despite his over saturation in the comics and movies Wolverine has always been a favorite character of mine. So, I've started with The Last Stand Wolverine figure. Though I just refer to it as a Wolverine figure. Last Stand, shudder. lol

wolvie5_zps1a5b0e7c.jpg

The whole thing impresses me but a couple standouts are the likeness and clothing. I'm in awe of the paint and stitch work.

wolvie2_zps817e5bc3.jpg

wolvie3_zps6ffea364.jpg

I couldn't resist giving him a stogie. Actually, cut and lit incense.

wolvie6_zpsc2134af5.jpg

So there you have it. My first hot toy. No real way to display him in the likes of a detolf currently since it would mean an eight hour drive to get one. lol So, the office cabinet will have to do for the time being. Thanks for looking guys.

Last edited:
Re: Meager Beginings

It's pretty incredible. I've yet to find a stitch out of place. It does hinder pose ability just a tiny bit in the arms but thats to be expected I think.

Re: Meager Beginings

A very cool piece! Hope to add that one to my collection soon.

Re: Meager Beginings - MIB

So, I read pages and pages on all the possible issues these two might have. Buying them would be risky especially if the seller wasn't honest about their condition. Well, I'm happy to report that they arrived in good condition despite being a bit dusty.

MIB1_zpse26690ae.jpg

I made sure to check all the joints. As suggested by a member I removed Ks jacket and shirt so I could see how the joint should move. Once I did this I didn't have to do the same for J. All the joints on the figures were tight with the exception of Js right knee. Though a bit loose I didn't see it giving me much trouble.

MIB2_zps5e887c30.jpg

MIB3_zps63f7d12a.jpg

I don't regret buying them for a minute. The suits are pretty amazing with tiny buttons, belts, shoe laces, and so on. The likeness of the actors are flat out incredible and give you that creepy miniature human being feel. They completely blow away my Wolverine. Plus, you get Frank . . . lol

MIB4_zps241a383b.jpg

Thanks guys. I stare every time I pass them. lol I have one more figure inbound and then my wallet is toast for a bit.

Though I didn't care for it originally this version of Spideys costume grew on me over time. I honestly wished they'd kept a version of it in the new movie. Either way it played a part in which figure I bought. Sadly, I had to worry about the shoulder issues with this one. I got lucky once again.

spidey5_zps05871dfc.jpg

spidey4_zps0891e637.jpg

spidey3_zpsaf687f53.jpg

I think the likeness ranks right up there with the mib figures. It's also pretty cool to feel the differences in the costumes patterns and material. Very much like this one.

Re: Meager Beginings - The Crow

I couldn't turn down the Crow exclusive during Spooktacular. Combining the free shipping, percentage off, and reward points it was a steal. I don't regret it for a second because the figures is pretty freakin amazing. Despite a loose left elbow.

crow1_zps51cb31a5.jpg

It arrived just in time for our first Wizard World con where I got it signed by the Crows creator, James O'Barr.

crow3_zps020f1210.jpg

So there ya have it.

crow2_zps9e52f5c5.jpg

Re: Meager Beginings - Dredd

This is one that interested me a few months back but took some time to get at a decent price. The detail and quality is pretty much on par with hot toys. Yeah, the likeness isn't exact but the tailoring, armor, and accessories are up there.

dredd.jpg

Unlike others who've gotten him I'm fine with the exposed nose. It's how Urban wore the helmet and it doesn't really bother me. However, I do plan to add the gold accents to the shoulders and potentially weather his armor. Either way I'm definitely impressed.

Re: Riggs Shelf

It's been a while since I've updated this. I've picked up a few figures here and there but gotten into kitbashing mostly. I did a Die Hard bash not long after the Dredd figure:

mcclane3_zpseoh2m5f2.jpg

I haven't updated this in a while. I'll get around to snapping some pics of all my new stuff and post them over the weekend. Appreciate you guys looking!

Dean Winchester from Supernatural. Kitbash with the exception of the necklace and blade which were sculpted by me.

dean1_zpsissvrpkn.jpg

Back