KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

• YES, and I don't want the 5th Element bobbleheads or WoW statues BTW!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No, I'm an optimist and someone on IMDb claims Ghostbuster figs are on the horizon

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • WoW is a fantastic license and the one on the 1st will be equally fantastic!

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll?

I reserve judgment. Frankly it's win-win for me, since one less license I care avbout means more money to spend on the current offerings.

I don't really care! I have enough lines as is to keep me going. If the next line is going to be a let down then it's fine be me; more money to spend towards my existing lines.:monkey5 :D

No loss for me to be honest. It is good for the fans of WoW though. And congrats to them. I already spend enough on my current line so I can wait for a while before something else that I really like. So it is all good.

Last edited:
I won't be disappointed for the same reason I wasn't disappointed in the WoW announcement, I didn't get myself all worked up ahead of time expecting it to be something I would care about.

It's funny...I don't think about my collection in terms of immediate costs. If I want it, I'll get it...and I usually pay below retail. If it's too much for me, I'll wait, but I'll pick it up eventually. It's all relative when it comes to my collection. And nothing is that impossible to find. The things that are near impossible, I brace the wallet for by drinking PBR. I think people are a little hung up on instant gratification. I planned on being disappointed for the X-mas announcement, b/c the 5th Element announcement was totally lame. And WoW, great news if your interested in WoW, but really how many of us are that enthused?!?! I bet very few.

sideshowtoy doesn't only produce for one audience...
you can never satisfy everyone, but you can satify many

I plan on being indifferent...I don't expect a line that I want.

I do, however, wish for those lines. I only collect one actual line and that's Buffy, so I'm able to have another line to collect and would welcome a Pirates or a Harry Potter line (or even a couple smaller ones I have on my list).

I'm one of those people that don't collect Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Marvel....so I'm craving a line I can sink my teeth into. I expect to go hungry, though.

I won't be disapointed cause I really don't care what it is. I am really only interested in Star Wars anyway so unless they ever get Indy or maybe POTC I don't care.

I love you guys, BTW...

Honestly, I feel like Medicom and Hot Toys grabs the stuff collectors want (RAH Boba Fett anyone? Where's Sideshow on this one?) and we ALL get jazzed for a Sideshow annoucement and--pffft! 5th Element?!?! BOBBLEHEADS?!?!

WoW? Really? Cool, I guess. I mean, I'm 27. I enjoy video games. I grew up on Atari 2600 revamps and Metroid being a chick. Granted, I don't go by systems for 3X what they sell for at retail, but I'll play Madden or Halo or GTA when offered. BUT, I don't buy systems and games b/c I rather spend it on figures. I think the video-game-character-action-figure market is automatic failure. Outside of SOTA Street Fighter, Halo, and a handful of Resident Evil figures, where has this corner of the collector world shined? Remember Perfect Dark 1/6 figures? No? My point exactly.

sladesuperagent said:
Honestly, I feel like Medicom and Hot Toys grabs the stuff collectors want (RAH Boba Fett anyone? Where's Sideshow on this one?) and we ALL get jazzed for a Sideshow annoucement and--pffft! 5th Element?!?! BOBBLEHEADS?!?!

Yep - Hot Toys - Aliens, Terminator Endo. ED-209.......

As long as (a) they don't take up valuable skilled artists like Olaf and (b) it doesn't impact the production rates of the other lines then I don't really care that they get something like WoW - but in the end I think it probably will impact the other lines - which I why I care about it. The whole issue isn't as simple as "if you don't like it don't buy it".

I forsee in the coming year Hot Toys getting alot more of my collecting dollars than Sideshow - which I'm sad about.

You forgot a poll question:
"No matter what Sideshow announces I will insult and belittle them and cry like a little girl."

Last edited:
Sideshow has some of the best lines in the business, why would you condem getting a license that will be unique to Sideshow. Furthermore....nobody has seen 1 example of what their planning to do with the line.

I personally don't collect bobbleheads and could care less if they release them, Sideshow caters to many peoples tastes. Stop using this forum to bust their balls.

Killbeggar said:
You forgot a poll question:
"No matter what Sideshow announces I will insult and belittle them and cry like a little girl."

And another:

"No matter how crappy of an announcement Sideshow makes, I will cry like a little girl at the constructive criticism aimed at the company that I'm a fanboy for."

Kookie said:
Sideshow has some of the best lines in the business, why would you condem getting a license that will be unique to Sideshow. Furthermore....nobody has seen 1 example of what their planning to do with the line.

I personally don't collect bobbleheads and could care less if they release them, Sideshow caters to many peoples tastes. Stop using this forum to bust their balls.

Because unless SSC actually puts on more resources lines like this take away from the lines the rest of us want. As an example notice how everything else kinda died in the ass when SSC got Star Wars - all of a sudden its a zillion star wars figures and not necessarily alot else. Stuff like Bobbleheads where they are just the distributor don't and I couldn't give a rats arse about them - in fact I'm all for that as it lets SSC make some more money without really tying up any of its artists.

Customikey said:
Poll?

I reserve judgment. Frankly it's win-win for me, since one less license I care about means more money to spend on the current offerings.

Ditto. The last thing I need now is another line to collect.:monkey1

WOW isn't something I'm interested in but that doesn't mean it's a a bad choice for a license.

LordAzrael said:
As an example notice how everything else kinda died in the ass when SSC got Star Wars - all of a sudden its a zillion star wars figures and not necessarily alot else.

I thought the same thing a few months ago but that's not true.

Just because SS is releasing a ton of Star Wars figures doesn't mean that they have forgotten their other lines. The reason you see a ton of Star Wars figures is because they sell better than their other lines. As a company, it's only natural that SS would concentrate on Star Wars cause that's where they make their most money. SS's other lines haven't seen much in the last year cause they just aren't as popular. The less popular lines like Buffy, Highlander, whatever can't sell even 1,500 pieces. Star Wars sells that in less than an hour.

SS is in the business to make $$$$ not keep fans happy.

LordAzrael said:
As an example notice how everything else kinda died in the ass when SSC got Star Wars - all of a sudden its a zillion star wars figures and not necessarily alot else.

And that hits the nail on the head. I love Star Wars but my interest has waned. I'm finding that I want to collect other film properties that I grew up with as well as some new ones and Sideshow seems to have abandoned most of their existing licenses except for the ones that are a no-brainer sell. The Warcraft announcement was disappointing but there will still be some fans that support it (all two of them I believe) but I am relieved to know that it won't have any impact on my wallet. Hot Toys continues to amaze with the quality and variety of licensed properties they are championing under their Movie Masterpiece series which is undoubtedly the best 1:6 movie line ever and I will gladly pay 2-4 times the price for these over Sideshow's. This is probably why they have not added any of Hot Toy's recent products (Rocky, Terminator, Robocop) to their site because they know that Hot Toys is beginning to steal their thunder.

Back