The Dingo's Den w/ Ian Malcom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingobuzz269

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all, been thinking about posting pics of my collection for a while now, so I guess I'll give it a try. I've been collecting 1/6th since 2008, though most of it's been within the last couple years.

I've never started a thread or posted pics before, so let's see if this works... A couple pics of my main collection area:

A_zps870f22b3.jpg

B_zpse968c098.jpg

And no, my UserID is meaningless. Just something I came up with over ten years ago. And it's just stuck with me ever since...

Last edited:
Re: The Dingo's Den

I do plan on putting a background into the detolfs to hide all the wiring. I'm thinking something simple, like grey marble. BUT the wires don't bother me all that much, so it will be awhile down the line before I get around to finishing them off.

First up is DX05 Indiana Jones. Not much to say about it. Really love the character, but I think if I had to start selling off my collection, he would probably be the first to go :dunno

C_zps6b6f8cd7.jpg

Under Indy, I have The Brother Production "Exception Dream Extractor". I gotta say, I really like the figure. I did not intend on doing the second body, but both headsculpts were too good to not use. The grey pants and blue shirt the Cobb on the left is wearing is just a standard ebay kit, and the leather coat is from VTS' "City Detective". Idea courtesy of Maglor in the figure's repsective thread.
Stand decal is from EvilFace

D_zpsa536f827.jpg

Beneath Cobb, I have Dexter. Unsure of the head and clothing, but I got them both from fellow Freaks, separately. Body is an ACI Christian. Table and chair is from the DX 11 Joker. Syringe is from Astro_Zombie, Bloodslide box is Apollovin, as are the evidence bags. The knife roll is by Gustavo Ponce, and the knives are a 3D printed set and painted rather crappily by myself.
Stand decal by Corrose

E_zps3071e0c3.jpg

And finally, bringing up the bottom of Detolf 1 is Medicom Snape. My only Medicom figure. Up close in person, it looks really good. Was my fist figure I bought from a fellow Freak. Wand is Snape's from the Noble Collection. I dressed as Snape for a Chicago comic con once, and I thought it added a nice touch to the otherwise pretty empty shelf.

F_zpsbf26d4aa.jpg

Nice collection! You've got some very cool customs!

Very nice!!! It would be great to see some individual shelf pics too when you get some time :)

Thanks guys! I thought I would be able to knock these pics right out, but going back and trying to remember which pieces are what and from who on the custom figs is making my head spin. Doing the best I can to give credit where credit is due :)

2nd Detolf, next:

Hot Toys Angelica and DX06 Jack Sparrow. Was not a huge fan of POTC4, but I really liked the Angelica figure. My one regret is that I paid full price for her, since she can be found pretty cheap nowadays, to the point where Sideshow has been known to give her away for free. Alas, what is a hobby if not for a few regrets?
DX06 is probably one of the best figures Hot Toys has done, in my opinion, and together, I think they look quite eye-catching.

G_zps438cc3ed.jpg

Here's a set that I know a lot of collectors will scoff at: the Mattel Ghostbusters. Started off with the GB2 two packs, then bought two extra tan jumpsuits and a third photon pack from Ebay. In the end, I would love for some high end company to do the GBs, but I am perfectly happy with these for now. While they're obviously not hyper realistic, I think the cartoony look fits well with the subject matter.
I think I will eventually buy a GB1 Winston head, because I like my Zeddemore with a 'stache. Never mind that that's not how he looked in the 2nd movie...
Also, I'm on the lookout for a pair of GB1 Venkman's folded gloves, but those are absolutely nowhere to be found!
Stand decals by EvilFace.

H_zpse4defb64.jpg

Next, are my only two 1/6th Enterbay figures: Agents J and K. Actually bought them as a set on Amazon for a really good price about a year and a half ago. Love love love the first movie, and if there's a downside to these figures, it's that they're technically from MIB3 (which was still pretty good). If I were able to choose, I would have preferred the weapons and neuralizer from MIB1. But the head sculpts are amazing, so I can't complain. J's front jacket button is broken though, so I can complain about that.

I_zpsec5dfaee.jpg

Lastly is HT's Alice. While I like the games, I really do not care for the movies. I got Alice because I love me some Milla! The head sculpt is great, and the figure is loaded with weapons. Now Hot Toys needs to get on the damn ball and make a Leeloo figure. And go ahead and make it a DX, with two heads and her two main outfits.
Get on it, Hot Toys. Now.

J_zps16f32d03.jpg

Detolf 3:

HT's Scarecrow and Batman Demon. Actually bought them separate, years apart, from forum members. Unfortunately, I don't have the big outer box that the two smaller ones came in. Bat-Demon is cool. The Scarecrow was always a holy grail of mine, and was SURE for many years I would never get him because he was so expensive. Fortunately, perseverance won out, and he is now mine.

K_zps720c610b.jpg

Beneath them is HT's Two-Face and my very first ever HT, Bank Robber Joker. While Two-Face's sculpt may not be up to par with today's standards, both are excellent figures, and I would never sell either.

L_zpsf663b347.jpg

Next are my two James Bonds, Pierce Brosnan (my first and favorite Bond) and Daniel Craig (my 2nd favorite Bond). While I like all the Bond movies, I really have no intention of putting together a Connery, Moore, Lazenby, and Dalton. That would be a cool shelf, though!
Brosnan is a Spencer head, and one of my favorite sculpts in person. Tux is a generic Ebay tux, and the pistol is from the DiD Mi6 agent. I have the shoulder holster as well, but it's not on the figure. I'm also working on putting together the black jumpsuit and vest outfit Brosnan wore during the "stealth boat" climax of Tomorrow Never Dies, but it's been waylaid by other projects.
Craig is a completed custom I bought from Elvis1976, so unfortunately, I cannot say what pieces are which. Also unfortunately, within five minutes of receiving it in the mail, my roommate dropped the head and snapped off the tip of his right ear. It's really not that noticeable in person, but nevertheless, she's not allowed to touch my figures anymore :)
Both stand decals are from EvilFace.

M_zps0f04baba.jpg

At the bottom are two of my more recent acquisitions: Sideshow's Harley Quinn Ex and Catwoman Ex. I had a lot of fun posing these two and I think they make a good team. Hopefully, Sideshow eventually makes a Poison Ivy and a Batgirl to go with them.

N_zps55f34b1d.jpg

Detolf 4:

I consider my Nolan Batman pieces the center of my collection, and of them, the DX02 Batman and DX11 Joker are the anchors. While the DX02 has been eclipsed by the DX12, the DX12 never gelled with me, and I've been perfectly happy with the DX02, paired with an lforigno cape. I have the full armory set on pre-order, and from what I've seen, that Batman may be the best yet.
DX11 is an amazing figure, but I think maybe the year of crazy hype leading up to its release may have let the figure down a bit. Still, the definitive purple suit Joker to my eye.

O_zps5f29284b.jpg

Next up are the DX13 and DX10. The DX13 is probably one of my highest rated figures in my collection. Also, my single most expensive 1/6th figure to date. Thank god for flex-pay. Almost makes it seem not so bad.
It has so many awesome bits and pieces that it spilled onto my DX10, so my DX10 is actually using the spare DX13 head, full jacket, and BD hands. That said, theClipperKing's review of the DX10 is what got me back into collecting from a couple year hiatus.

P_zps8d137ca5.jpg

Next is the HT T-1000, such a wonderful figure. The doughnut head was something of a grail piece for me for years, simply because I didn't want to pay the going price for one. Finally, a board member made me a deal on it that I couldn't pass up. The head on the biker outfit is the DX13 Ex metallic Robert Patrick head. Took a little doing to get the ears into the helmet, but they do fit. The head's just resting on the body though, as the neck connectors weren't compatible.
I plan on eventually getting another full police belt for the biker outfit, but it's pretty far down on my to buy list.

Q_zps14b02172.jpg

Lastly, my most random pairing, Sideshow's Ash, and HT's DX08 '89 Joker.
Ash is by no means a good figure. But I am a huge Bruce Campbell fan, and the figure, as old as it is, has quite a bit of charm to me. If it was any other character I wouldn't have bothered, but since it's Ash... you're damn right I bought it. Actually one of my more recent purchases.
The Joker is a great figure, but I feel it's out of place without the DX09 '89 Batman, which I was never able to snag. Now with the Returns Batman being shown at SDCC'14, I'll just wait for that. Sure different movies, but really, same difference.

R_zps0f12c8a9.jpg

Finally, my last Detolf:

HT's Bane and Selina Kyle. Both great figures, and both probably the only one's I'd need/want from TDKR. Not really much to say. Both highly recommended, and both are figure probably everyone else under the sun already have.

S_zps5f25aace.jpg

Below them is HT's The Wolverine, a very sharp looking figure. Since he came with the bone claws and 2nd outfit, I decided to grab an ACI Bruce body and Ebay head to bash together a more classic Wolvie. I've since bought a HT Dynamic Stand and am using it to have the 2nd one in a "jumping down to murder you" pose.

T_zps89faaf45.jpg

After that is the HT Workshop Tony Stark. Not a huge Marvel fan outside of the movies. So I thought this Tony would be a good enough representation of the Avengers. The figure is really cool, but it's very much the accessories that make it great. It's got so much crap it can't even fit into a detolf. Overboard? You bet. Awesome? Absolutely.

U_zps67bef4a9.jpg

Lastly, and probably least, Asmus' Ace Ventura. Honestly, flaws and all, I really like these in person. But on camera... they don't turn out so well. But Asmus as a company really does listen to its fans, and the work they're doing on their Lord of the Rings line is admirable.
Of course, I haven't bought any of them yet, as I only want the nine Fellowship, but if/when they get to them, I will buy immediately. Stand decal by EvilFace.

V_zpsa1c0c083.jpg

Here's the rest of my office, mostly Star Wars and Neca:

At the top, Enterbay's Batman from Begins, and HT's from Rises. Love both figures, and think they compliment each other wonderfully. To date, the most expensive single pieces I have in my collection. But with the way HT 1/6 figures are going, it won't be that way for too much longer.

W_zpsb2c6c4f5.jpg

Below the Batmen is my Vintage Star Wars collection. I've been collecting SW since the Power of the Force 2 days in 1995. I was nine. Since then, I've amassed, conservatively, 750-1000 figures (sorry Mom and Dad!!!) I collected them all through ROTS, which by then was my freshman year of college, then lost track until 2009 or so. At that point, hating the prequels, I started my focus on the original trilogy only, and caught up with A LOT of what I missed in the college years, thanks to ebay.
Then, as many SW collectors will relate to, the 2012 drought of new figures killed it for me and I got burned out. I would go into the local Wal-Mart in November, and still see the same battle droid from TPM 3D that had been on the same peg since January. Screw that. Since then, I've refocused again to just the vintage collection, and only then when I go to comic cons. The good news is, most of the old toys seem to be leveling off in price, so I can pick up mini rigs and playsets for pretty cheap.

WW_zpsfc0b792c.jpg

Next up is my Ash shelf. The Evil Dead series is one of my absolute favorites of all time, and Bruce Campbell is a god. Thus, most anything related to Ash I will buy. Since the pics were taken, I've added the NECA MEGO style Ash, and the Funko Pop one as well.
Eagerly awaiting Sideshow's new stuff, hopefully revealed in time for Halloween!

WWW_zpsd4517162.jpg

WWWW_zps2b997113.jpg

Below Ash is my random figure collection. Again, I have amassed a larger collection than what is shown here, maybe 30 or more figures, but space only permits a few. These type of figures are what I collected in college. Whatever apartment/townhome/mobile home I and my five other roommates lived in (three couples), these would occupy the top most shelf, usually in the kitchen, above the cupboards looking down. Everyone loved them, because there was a figure for pretty much everybody, and half of us were film majors, so it was right up our alley.

NECA: V, Beatrix, Predators, Shaun, Harry Potter, and Beetlejuice. Macfarlane: Matrix, and Sleepy Hollow. Hasbro: Indy and Henry. Mezco Dexter, and DC Direct Hush Harley Quinn.

X_zps816b5d68.jpg

Finally, the rest of my assorted collection: Covergirls of DC Death, from one of the most well done comic series of all time: The Sandman, by Neil Gaiman. Star Trek phaser replica from the Star Trek: Into Darkness box set, Funko Marty and Doc, w/ Delorean. Can't remember which one it is. Bought it long ago at Universal Studios, and for YEARS was my only BTTF toy. Diamond Select Ash bust, also one of my oldest AOD collectibles. Then finally, my two vintage SW vehicles.

XX_zps7f353b76.jpg

Finally, my last post to cover my current collection. Right above my desk is my most recent shelf, bought and installed with the intention of housing my DC Bombshells collection. Now it's half bombshells, and half Walking Dead. Just not enough room in this little house...

DC Bombshells Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Batgirl. I have since added Black Canary. I really love this line, but they're expensive and take up a lot of space. I think I'm going to pack them up and sell them. I can make a profit on them, and open up the shelf, probably to HT's Guardians of the Galaxy.

XXX_zps0519859f.jpg

Macfarlane's Walking Dead. Missed the first few waves, which is fine, as those figures kinda sucked (zombies looked good though!). I wanted to focus mainly on the human characters. Picture behind is from a comic con artist.

XXXX_zps1b9169f2.jpg

And that's it for my figures. To the right of my desk are two prints I found from another comic con artist, and I liked the mash up of GTA: Vice City, and Walking Dead.

YYY_zpscacd9303.jpg

Then, in the back corner of my office, as yet unoccupied by a collection, I have ED, EDII, and AOD foreign poster prints, and a couple more comic con artist pics. Eventually, I'll be moving a black leather loveseat up from our sun room to put under for a little reading area.

Y_zpse7c0dc30.jpg

YY_zps7ff8b11f.jpg

And that's it, that's my office. I took all these pics a few months ago, and since then my collection has changed a bit. I think, once my phone contract is up in November, I'll upgrade my phone (and camera), and take some updated photos.

Also, I want to start doing YouTube reviews if the camera is good enough. Initially, I hashed out a reviewing score like Uncle Clipper and Michael Crawford, but I don't want to come across as just copying them. But I also don't want to do a "here's the figure, watch as I mess around with it" review either, so I'm still working it out. But when I do get going, I'm not just going to cover Hot Toys, I'm going to cover everything in my collection, one piece at a time. That way, there will be something for everyone. I don't think the typical collector has as many focuses as I do (or did in the past). As much as it's hurt my wallet over the years, might as well make it available for everybody!

Hi am after a Gustavo ponce 1:6 dexter knife roll can anyone help...Please !!!

Re: The Dingo's Den - Updates on Post 20!

Since I took my original pics back in July '14 (and didn't post them until October), I thought I was due for an update. Gone are my DC Bombshells and a few Hot Toys. From now on, I'm trying to only collect one iteration of each character (with a couple exceptions). There's just too much out there to collect! Most of my Vintage Star Wars are packed away to make room for a more diverse showcase.

And with much more on the way, I'm in desperate need for more room and more detolfs! On the horizon, I've got the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy, SS Henry Jones and TOD Indy, Marty McFly, Han and Chewie, Ultra Violet, Ichabod Crane (eventually), Asmus LOTR, more Walking Dead figures and building sets, and am eagerly anticipating Iminime and SS Army of Darkness/Evil Dead 2... What's a guy to do???

FullSizeRender1_zpsctq5tf5h.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsacuxortd.jpg

Back