Version 2 full scale SS endoskeleton opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCableGuy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all , I wasn't aware that the full scale T800 was available ,but the new version is battle damaged . I was curious how everyone feels about this version?
I like the chrome look better but maybe you get used to it.My biggest beef is I recently learned you can't bend the joint at the elbow for a different pose , but the whole arm can be readjusted at the shoulder which is better than nothing . Also I read the guns are pretty much secured by screws and it's tacked on to the hand , so I guess it's best to leave them on .
I'm a little disappointed that the eyes are powered with a battery in the head instead of hard wired to the lower power supply adaptor . But for the most part it's pretty darn cool !

I was wondering if these statues are built at sideshow ? The reason I ask is if they are in fact built in the USA then there is no duty at the border .
The exchange rate is bad enough as it is .

One other issue, has anyone actually successfully contacted sideshow ,as I can't get them via phone and they don't respond to emails . It's not really giving me a real warm fuzzy feeling dealing with a company like that . But in there defence , when your put on hold the recording does ask to leave your phone number and they say they will call you back .

I suppose there's no way to buy the castings like Adam Savage did and build it yourself?

Re: T800 full size endoskeleton opinions

I have the first "clean" version. I saw the V 2.0 at Universal studios in Orlando, it was atop a table and frankly, overall it looked smaller. I checked the plaque a couple of times to be sure it was not 1/2 scale, and it said 1:1. Mine sits at floor level, and yes the base is higher but it still looks very large. I suspect that V 2.0 is not the same as the original....does anyone have both sitting side by side??

Sadly I can't comment on the endo as I do not have one. :(

But as far as "anyone actually successfully contacted sideshow" and as mentioned, live chat.
I bug them if I have a question regarding certain things. Actually dealt with them today about some issues.

I have the first "clean" version. I saw the V 2.0 at Universal studios in Orlando, it was atop a table and frankly, overall it looked smaller. I checked the plaque a couple of times to be sure it was not 1/2 scale, and it said 1:1. Mine sits at floor level, and yes the base is higher but it still looks very large. I suspect that V 2.0 is not the same as the original....does anyone have both sitting side by side??

Tell you truth I'm not all that hot and bothered about the battle damaged one . I wish I was more interested in these earlier on when the clean version was available as I like it much more . Do you have pics of your Endo posted here that I could admire?

I have the version 1 and it's great I love it. My mate got the version 2 recently it's stil a great piece but does not have the nice shiny chrome look that mine has. I also thought the face was slightly less detailed to. But can move arms and 2 guns so that's a bonus

I have the version 1 and it's great I love it. My mate got the version 2 recently it's stil a great piece but does not have the nice shiny chrome look that mine has. I also thought the face was slightly less detailed to. But can move arms and 2 guns so that's a bonus

Well if I just had a scanner and a 3D printer lol

For anyone looking for Endoskeletons, you need to find one of the Lucas Francis Studios pieces. Although it is not a kit, but finished, though not chromed for some reason, you can find one at SpaceArt.de if you are lucky enough to live in Germany, as I'm sure shipping is a real PITA. These are really rare and are the same source that reportedly was used for all commercial endoskeletons, but, with shrinkage and detail loss issues. The Adam Savage Endoskeleton is a LFS endo. It is the closest to the screen used that you can find, other than casts from original molds or screen used / production made pieces.

For anyone looking for Endoskeletons, you need to find one of the Lucas Francis Studios pieces. Although it is not a kit, but finished, though not chromed for some reason, you can find one at SpaceArt.de if you are lucky enough to live in Germany, as I'm sure shipping is a real PITA. These are really rare and are the same source that reportedly was used for all commercial endoskeletons, but, with shrinkage and detail loss issues. The Adam Savage Endoskeleton is a LFS endo. It is the closest to the screen used that you can find, other than casts from original molds or screen used / production made pieces.
Why does all the good stuff have to be so dam far away!

I live in Denmark and it's pricey even for me. I don't know where you are located, but I can keep an eye open for kits popping up near you if you drop a hint of your country.

Also, wouldn't it kinda be an idea to merge this thread with the other one you made? :)

I live in Denmark and it's pricey even for me. I don't know where you are located, but I can keep an eye open for kits popping up near you if you drop a hint of your country.

Also, wouldn't it kinda be an idea to merge this thread with the other one you made? :)
I meant for this thread to be directed at the Side Show Endo that's available now . I edited the title so it's less confusing . And I see now there's already another thread directed at this , my bad.
The other one for kits if this makes any sense .Im leaning more towards the SS now if I bite the bullet , but it's not looking good . Are dollar has plummeted , taxes , shipping from another country , and to top it all off , duty :(
6K to my doorstep and I wouldn't even flinch . 10 grand , well that's getting harsh

I'm in Cranbrook Britsh Columbia Canada. You hear of anything quality wise I'd appreciate it .
To bad Amazon.ca didn't sell SS Full scale Endos lol

Well, there should be a couple of endos that went to good ol' Canada, so I'm sure one will turn up. I'm not much up for the licensed distilled stuff, as that's too far removed from the original.

Well, there should be a couple of endos that went to good ol' Canada, so I'm sure one will turn up. I'm not much up for the licensed distilled stuff, as that's too far removed from the original.

Ok , so there's discrepancies between them . How bad?

Well, they are smaller, distorted, altered, and usually not put together right.

Sorry I'm not understanding .are you saying the SS is one of the distorted ones ? I just got some bad news , my half bust from China got cancelled so I'm back to the drawing board . Dam near tempted to order the SS right now and be done with it . I'm a little concerned I don't have enough height in my basement as someone posted there's and it was taller than SS described on there site . I think I have 6'7" max

Yes. The SS isn't really indicative of the real endoskeleton. It's small, put together wrong, and is idealized. The V2 may be better... but, I really haven't heard good news about their stuff, from people who know the real endoskeletons inside out. They all give it a failing grade regarding accuracy.

Back