C'mon, Sideshow! We ALSO NEED this!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anya_Jenkins.jpg

Okay, everyone seems to think the Scooby Gang is complete with Giles. However, I want an Anya. She was intended to be a villian of the week, but her acting and charisma won the fans over ( ... like a certain Platinum Blonde we know hmm?). She was the spiritual replacement for Cordelia and ... okay, here come the cries of blasphemy ... was a stronger, more defined character than Cordy ever was on Buffy.

Cordy's Angel character growth not considered .. otherwise, yes, Cordy comes out on top ... Cordy on top of Anya ... God, so many inappropriate comments racing through my mind ... Anya would be proud :D .

She should come with an Anyanka swappable head, her amulet, a weapon of some sort, and cash (use the leftovers from the Scarface figures) because, as we all know, she was a material girl.

As for outfits, my first choice would be Hell's Bells, but that might be too specific. It would go well with the D'hoffryn though.

DouglasMcc said:
Okay, everyone seems to think the Scooby Gang is complete with Giles. However, I want an Anya. She was intended to be a villian of the week, but her acting and charisma won the fans over ( ... like a certain Platinum Blonde we know hmm?). She was the spiritual replacement for Cordelia and ... okay, here come the cries of blasphemy ... was a stronger, more defined character than Cordy ever was on Buffy.

Cordy's Angel character growth not considered .. otherwise, yes, Cordy comes out on top ... Cordy on top of Anya ... God, so many inappropriate comments racing through my mind ... Anya would be proud :D .

She should come with an Anyanka swappable head, her amulet, a weapon of some sort, and cash (use the leftovers from the Scarface figures) because, as we all know, she was a material girl.

As for outfits, my first choice would be Hell's Bells, but that might be too specific. It would go well with the D'hoffryn though.

I agree with everything you said. I can't believe people are giving up once they get Giles. The gang is not complete until we get our Anya or Anyanka, or preferably both. I'd love a "The Wish" Anya, her first appearance on the series, but I think a "Once More With Feeling" Anya would make fans extremely happy (and that includes me, of course). I created a poll about Anya some time ago, for those who didn't vote go here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11006

I also happen to think that the line won't be somewhat complete until we get Dawn and Tara, for me, two of the most crucial characters in the last 3 seasons (especially Dawn, even though she often gets bashed). However, I know that many people are not that interested in spending their cash in plastic miniatures of those two characters (though I'm sure many of you would buy a "OMWF" Tara & Willow pack in no time).

And what's more, I could see a couple of figures more in the near future. I don't see why a Buffybot, a William the Poet or a Dark Willow couldn't be hits. Sideshow, are you reading?:rolleyes:

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Hmmm... I don't like it if the joints show...

That's true, I forgot the awful joints. Anyway, the Bunnies outfit would only expose wrists and elbows, right? knees and shoulders would be hidden. I don't think it'd look that bad.

olvidadero said:
That's true, I forgot the awful joints. Anyway, the Bunnies outfit would only expose wrists and elbows, right? knees and shoulders would be hidden. I don't think it'd look that bad.

Yeah, I could go for that. After all, Anya is always cute, so it doesn't really matter WHAT she wares, right? :D

Anya's not really a must have for me, but if they really nailed the likeness of the lovely Emma Caulfield, I'd buy it. Not interested in an Anyanka though.

For me, the line wouldn't be complete without Anya or Tara. I'd like a human faced Anya first (but love the idea of the swappable head). And for Tara I'd love a "Once More with Feeling" one with a new Willow from that episode to go with her.

Firefly Flanatic said:
And for Tara I'd love a "Once More with Feeling" one with a new Willow from that episode to go with her.
Honestly, I think a set like that is the best move they could make with the Buffy line right now. Getting a proper Willow, along with another main character like Tara from such a popular epsiode might bring back a lot of the jaded fans who were turned off by the disastrous "Dopplegangland" Willow.

Anya would be an amazing choice for a figure.....how about a "Chosen" version with a sword? She could also come with bunnies and an amulet.

Val

TheObsoleteMan said:
Honestly, I think a set like that is the best move they could make with the Buffy line right now. Getting a proper Willow, along with another main character like Tara from such a popular epsiode might bring back a lot of the jaded fans who were turned off by the disastrous "Dopplegangland" Willow.

Okay, no offense to TOM, but I don't think its fair to call the Dopplegangland Willow "disastrous." Yes, it could have been better ... much better. However, the figure has a great outfit and accessories. And you can see Willow in the sculpt. As M. Crawford pointed out long ago, she just looks about 10 years too old. I like the Willow. It doesn't rank in my top 5, but I could be happy with it, if we never get another one. HOWEVER, I would be all over a Willow re-sculpt/Tara 2 pack. In fact, they can cut down on the accessories and go with a 75 dollar price like the Taylor/Nova set from POTA. Heck, I still dream of a day they announce 2 two packs featuring Angelus/ Darla and Spike/Dru from the Boxer Rebellion. I know it will never happen, but I would spend 200 bucks for that set easily.

DouglasMcc said:
Okay, no offense to TOM, but I don't think its fair to call the Dopplegangland Willow "disastrous." Yes, it could have been better ... much better. However, the figure has a great outfit and accessories. And you can see Willow in the sculpt. As M. Crawford pointed out long ago, she just looks about 10 years too old. I like the Willow. It doesn't rank in my top 5, but I could be happy with it, if we never get another one. HOWEVER, I would be all over a Willow re-sculpt/Tara 2 pack. In fact, they can cut down on the accessories and go with a 75 dollar price like the Taylor/Nova set from POTA. Heck, I still dream of a day they announce 2 two packs featuring Angelus/ Darla and Spike/Dru from the Boxer Rebellion. I know it will never happen, but I would spend 200 bucks for that set easily.

Nice words for the Sideshow Willow are so rare, it's good to read them. It's obviously one of the worst figures in the line, but I wouldn't say disastrous either. The likeness is there, and not like the real disastrous figure for me, Faith. As far as likeness is concerned, Darla's not that good either, but it's such a cool figure that I overlook that defect.

Anya is a must,one of my characters.I'd rather get her before Wes.
A bunny or hells bells would be good,but I want a later series Anya with blonde hair maybe chosen?

A Chosen Anya would also be an excellent choice. Her outfit's simple yet memorable, and she would come with her sword. It'd look terrific, but it would be SO painful to look at her

Unless it's her more solemn persona from her first appearance in The Wish, Anya could be a tough likeness to capture. As her character evolved, Ms. Jenkins' facial expressions became much more animated to reflect her increasingly effervescent personality. Like Cordelia, capturing that Anya could flirting with caricature. If Anya or Anyanka are blips on Sideshow's radar, I think we'd be more likely to land Anyanka.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

DouglasMcc said:
Okay, everyone seems to think the Scooby Gang is complete with Giles.

For me, it is complete after Giles...unless by some miracle we get a Jenny Calendar (whom I would LOVE to have). I'm a fan of 'old school' Buffy, so I want my collection to reflect that. I'm not interested in Dawn, or Tara or Anya.

I do, however, think they should be made as they were main characters on the show in the later seasons.

DouglasMcc said:
Okay, no offense to TOM, but I don't think its fair to call the Dopplegangland Willow "disastrous."
When I said disastrous, I was referring more to the effect it had on collectors. The sculpt people received was not the one they wanted or paid for, and I think it soured a lot of folks on the line as a whole. It was a blunder the line never really recovered from imo.

Josette said:
For me, it is complete after Giles...unless by some miracle we get a Jenny Calendar (whom I would LOVE to have). I'm a fan of 'old school' Buffy, so I want my collection to reflect that. I'm not interested in Dawn, or Tara or Anya.

I do, however, think they should be made as they were main characters on the show in the later seasons.

Oooh, what would I give for a 12 inch Jenny Calendar in her "Passions" outfit!?

I'd love a Anya, Anyanka, and Dawn. I also want a new Willow, Dark Witch Willow, Faith, Human Darla (From Buffy or Angel), Human Drusilla (same as Darla), The Judge, Sweet, Ubervamp, etc. There's just so many other charcaters that Sideshow should have done buy now that I don't think we'll ever see.
But I'm not interested in a Tara figure......

......okay, I'll buy her just to complete the series, but it's one I could do without, not the same for all the others I listed.

Back