Mummy Lottery Buddy Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
Unless my reasoning is off (quite possible), it would seem to me that the folks here could help each other out? Although I do not collect these, I wouldn't mind putting my name into the lottery. If I get lucky, I can then offer to a board member who is a true collector of these pieces. It would be actual cost (shipping included). This has already been mentioned on other threads by some. If it makes sense to you, was thinking that those who TRULY wanted one could put down their names here and would serve as a pool and those of us thinking of passing these on could also identify themselves? I can consolidate on this post as names are submitted? Or am I being crazy?

Plan to enter lottery and pass on:
Wetanut
kain4521
Darth Loki
carbo-fation
PosterBoyKelly
gambit (good for you!! :) )
ZombieReign
Mookeylama
pixletwin
TOE----->The Monster:rock
ifu03612 (EU only)
hairlesswookie
LOTRFan ----->occulum :rock
tomandshell ----> SKARY :rock
Domer ---->
Solid Liquid Fox ----> Jeff A Simon :rock

Would like the Mummy:
RoboDad
occulum
Jair
The Monster
lcummins
Jeff A Simon
hummer
SKARY
JrSith

Last edited:
I will enter and pass it on. I would like to get one but with John Wayne and Leatherface coming up next month funds will be thin.

GREAT IDEA !!! I WOULD PARTICIPATE, BUT SINCE I'M IN CANADA,CUSTOMS WOULD CHARGE ME LIKE A HUNDRED MORE FOR IT...:monkey4

I'd like a SSE mummy as well, if a lottery comes up for a Marvel Statue like they are doing I will pass it along to someone who wants if I get so lucky.

Evan

what worries me about this, is since they ship immediately would any of the Buyers have a problem if ther person they were buying for got a Mummy too?
Would any of you guys care if your "buddy" received one elsewhere and then didnt want the one being offered?

occulum said:
what worries me about this, is since they ship immediately would any of the Buyers have a problem if ther person they were buying for got a Mummy too?
Would any of you guys care if your "buddy" received one elsewhere and then didnt want the one being offered?

If I don't get picked in the lottery, I will be looking for one, so add me to the list!

I think there will be enough people looking for one that if someone gets one, the board member can just pick someone else...

Sorry guys, but I find this lottery such a bad idea, that I don't want to support it in any way. I don't want to encourage SSC to use this way of 'getting the product to the collector' so I will not enter. Hope you understand.

Please add my name, I am interested in purchasing the mummy and would buy from someone. Please contact me via e-mail.

Shai Hulud said:
GREAT IDEA !!! I WOULD PARTICIPATE, BUT SINCE I'M IN CANADA,CUSTOMS WOULD CHARGE ME LIKE A HUNDRED MORE FOR IT...:monkey4

That's ok Shai, that may still be cheaper to someone than what they would go for on Ebay with such a small edition size.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Sorry guys, but I find this lottery such a bad idea, that I don't want to support it in any way. I don't want to encourage SSC to use this way of 'getting the product to the collector' so I will not enter. Hope you understand.
We do understand. On the other hand, maybe this buddy system will help make it clearer to Sideshow just how awful the whole lottery process really is, since we have to resort to these measures just to try to buy a piece from them.

:huh

Back