C'mon, Sideshow! We NEED this!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
wes.jpg

WE WANT WES! WE WANT WES! WE WANT WES!

Wesley is one of the best characters to come from the two series. He went from being an annoyingly stereotypical upper class British private schoolboy comic-relief sort of character to being this tragic no-nonsense bad@$$ capable of taking all comers. :rock

I actually cried at the last scene with him and Illyria in the series finale. :monkey2 Not something I often do with a TV show.

Monk said:
Wesley is one of the best characters to come from the two series. He went from being an annoyingly stereotypical upper class British private schoolboy comic-relief sort of character to being this tragic no-nonsense bad@$$ capable of taking all comers. :rock

I actually cried at the last scene with him and Illyria in the series finale. :monkey2 Not something I often do with a TV show.

I think you hit the nail on the head Monk. I truly doubt that Sideshow would have made Lorne first if they weren't planning to continue with the Angel line. Lorne is cool and all, BUT ... Wesley would have appealed to both Angel fans and many Buffy collectors (still can't believe that we all aren't one and the same .. to me its one continuity, not 2 different shows). They will make a Wesley, I am 100 percent sure. As for the rest of Team Angel:

Gunn is 75% : where are all the African American figures Sideshow ... you don't want Rev. Jackson picketing your business ... Gunn will take care of the lack of African American characters AND make us happy.

Fred is 50/50 : Not sure why, but I just am not too confident about Fred. She was a great character, but we are giving Sideshow the impression that we don't want Females unless their names are Buffy or Sarah.

Illyria : 25% : Highly doubtful. UNLESS, they give us a swappable head as the exclusive with Fred. That would be enough to push that figure over the edge.

Doyle :0.009% : I am not a Doyle hater. However, between the sad cautionary nature of his death, and the falling out that lead to him being released (I will never believe that the character was always intended to die like that ... this is Whedon's Han Shot First), I find it highly doubtful.

Who know? Characters

Darla : Dammit! I want a hot human faced Darla with baby Conner accessory. I went ahead and blew 80 bucks on eBay for the Vamp version, because I have no faith in this one getting made. But I can still dream.

Drusilla : Once again, we need a human faced Dru to balance out the Vamped version. Its not as essential, in my opinion as Darla, but it would be nice.

Skip : I would say impossible, but Sideshow did make D'hoffryn before Giles, so small quirky characters with cool designs may win him a spot.

I want a Wesley so bad, and I'm 100% sure that we will see a preview in the near future. It'll probably be a later seasons Wesley, which would be amazing. However, I'd also love a Wesley from "Buffy" or from the first season of "Angel" when he was adorable and geeky and adorable (did I say that already?). We'll get a dark brooding Wesley for sure, which is perfect, but I'll be sad for not getting a grey suit Wes.

As for Fred, I agree, I can see it happening, but I can also see it not happening at all. I would be sorely disappointed if they didn't make her, because she is one of the best Buffyverse characters ever, but her appeal as a figure is doubtful and the "SS Girls" issue noted above is also to take into account. I think an Illyria is highly possible. The costume would be a hard and expensive one to make, but if they used the same fabrics and technics as the ones used with "The Last Stand" Wolverine, it will be a hit!

We will get a Gunn, probably the last one, but we will, I remain positive that we will. But before, we might see another Spike (A William the Poet would be the right choice, since we do have already TOO MANY contemporary Spikes), Darla and Drusilla (those two sold out quickly and now both are in high demand, especially Darla, if Sideshow doesn't see this.... they're not in the world!).

I'm aware that I'm too optimistic about the future of a line that most consider dead, but I'm confident that Sideshow will make up for the mistakes they've made, assume responsibility for the loss of interest on behalf of the fans and give us what we deserve! I will be in line to get everything they release from these two lines!:rolleyes:

I would like a Wesley figure. But I'd want him to be based on his later, darker look.

Absolutely! I would love Wes based on Rain of Fire.

I think there might be good cross-over sales though if they released him in his Tuxedo from Waiting in the Wings. A lot of folks would buy him just to have a new 1/6th scale Tux. Folks will buy him to put the Tux on their James Bond figures since the newer releases are outfits other than Tuxedos and folks want a classic Tux'd out James Bond.

I'll get him any way I can!

I'm hoping for season 4 Wes, but I'd be cool with a Waiting in the Wings version with the tux and a rapier.

Back