Got my Lorne notice!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! I've sort of been moving away from the 12" figs, but I really want Lorne. I'll wait for updated pics but he's my favourite of the line so far. Just perfect.

Just noticed the notice in my e-mail as well! Can't wait! Then again Frodo PF, Lorne and Legolas 12-inch are all due out in January. Eeep. Bank account is already yelling at me.

This is bittersweet news.

On the one hand, I'll soon have Lorne. :D :chew

On the other, nothing else on the horizon for the Angel line. :monkey2

I got my notice as well, but I think I'll cancel him. The figure looks good but since Cordelia turned out so badly I won't display her, and that makes being a completist on this line moot.

bluesparrow said:
I got my notice as well, but I think I'll cancel him. The figure looks good but since Cordelia turned out so badly I won't display her, and that makes being a completist on this line moot.

Jeez - I think Cordelia turned out pretty good.... I guess we all see something different.

LordAzrael said:
Jeez - I think Cordelia turned out pretty good.... I guess we all see something different.

Except for the giant head(twice the size head of other 1/6 females from other lines), ultra skinny body, and extreme lazy eye it IS quite good. :monkey5

However those are all incredibly big problems as I see it. Deciding to cancel Lorne made me reconsider a few items last night.

-Lorne
-Spike PF(who will probably turn out well, but I don't see them going very deep into that line so I'll stick with just Buffy)
-Giles(that line seems to have wound down, and the likelihood of a new Buffy is slim, and a non-lazy eyed one even slimmer - and the prices on ebay for a Graduation Day Buffy are more than I want to spend)

And I'm on the fence about T2 Sarah Conner. I can see her head coming out gigantic as well. At least Asajj Ventress is bald, and Leia has the alternate helmeted head.

I will pre-order Giles and Lorne after Christmas, I hope they're not sold out by then. I can't wait to see production pictures of Lorne, and oh, I'd also like to know what the edition size will be...

I want Giles. I think he has the potential to be Sideshow's best 1/6 Buffy/Angel figure aside from the Angel and the original human face Spikes.

I got the notice too and I'm a little worried by it. I should have enough by the time he starts shipping but we have yet been updated on the status of the Terminator figures.
If they start shipping at the same time, I might have to make a decision between the three and possibly Giles if he also starts shipping soon after.

As I showed in my review - Cordelia's head is in the same proportion as Buffy (any Buffy), it's just the hair that makes it look big in photos. The body is appropriate for Ms. Carpenter too (and I mean Charisma, not Karen).

Darklord Dave said:
As I showed in my review - Cordelia's head is in the same proportion as Buffy (any Buffy), it's just the hair that makes it look big in photos. The body is appropriate for Ms. Carpenter too (and I mean Charisma, not Karen).

Totally agreed Dave. Following the body swap I did with the spare GD Buffy, I would say the Cordy looks totally correct in proportion, given the hair. Let's not forget that real people come in all shapes and sizes. I have the biggest head in the known universe and ears like Spock/Legolas. Hell my action figure would look well weird!:eek: :D

All that really proves is that Buffy's head is too big as well. Cordelia's head is not 1/6, it's bigger than a DCD 13" figure's head, which is the equivalent of a 6'6" person in 1/6 scale. Many claim the DCD line isn't really 1/6 at all, what's that say for Cordelia? And it's not just the hair, you could remove the hair and her bald head would still be around the same size head as my 13" Hal Jordan or 13" Superman Returns figure.

The body they used for her is not appropriate at all either - I don't recall in any photos of Charisma Carpenter her waist being the same thickness as her thigh. The Sideshow body they gave her has almost Barbie-like proportions.

Sideshow heads are simply not proportionate. That's not exactly news, but I think this particular figure shows that it's not a problem they intend to fix. 'Compensating for shrinkage' as an excuse only goes so far. Has there ever really been a problem with an *undersized* Sideshow head? Ever? I've never heard of it happening. Was it when they first started? It had to have been years ago, if it ever did happen. So why sculpt the head at 2x the size it should be for the scale?

If you guys are happy with your figures, fine, but I'm just explaining why I didn't like mine, and why it's made me cancel several hundred dollars worth of preorders with Sideshow, including Lorne. I think it would be a relatively easy thing to fix on future figures, but if there is a consistent portion of Sideshow's audiences willing to deny or overlook the problem, as evidenced by this thread, there is no incentive for them to ever fix it. So I will adjust my purchases with them accordingly.

bluesparrow said:
If you guys are happy with your figures, fine, but I'm just explaining why I didn't like mine, and why it's made me cancel several hundred dollars worth of preorders with Sideshow, including Lorne.

What's wrong with Lorne?

bluesparrow said:
All that really proves is that Buffy's head is too big as well. Cordelia's head is not 1/6, it's bigger than a DCD 13" figure's head, which is the equivalent of a 6'6" person in 1/6 scale. Many claim the DCD line isn't really 1/6 at all, what's that say for Cordelia? And it's not just the hair, you could remove the hair and her bald head would still be around the same size head as my 13" Hal Jordan or 13" Superman Returns figure.

The body they used for her is not appropriate at all either - I don't recall in any photos of Charisma Carpenter her waist being the same thickness as her thigh. The Sideshow body they gave her has almost Barbie-like proportions.

Sideshow heads are simply not proportionate. That's not exactly news, but I think this particular figure shows that it's not a problem they intend to fix. 'Compensating for shrinkage' as an excuse only goes so far. Has there ever really been a problem with an *undersized* Sideshow head? Ever? I've never heard of it happening. Was it when they first started? It had to have been years ago, if it ever did happen. So why sculpt the head at 2x the size it should be for the scale?

If you guys are happy with your figures, fine, but I'm just explaining why I didn't like mine, and why it's made me cancel several hundred dollars worth of preorders with Sideshow, including Lorne. I think it would be a relatively easy thing to fix on future figures, but if there is a consistent portion of Sideshow's audiences willing to deny or overlook the problem, as evidenced by this thread, there is no incentive for them to ever fix it. So I will adjust my purchases with them accordingly.
I agree, her head is too large. I got POTA Nova a week before and compared her to Cordelia and they have the exact same gigantic head size. If you feel that the rotocast rooted hair heads are too large, then you'd have to agree that Cordelia's head is too large.

But that's nothing compared to Xander who I just got today, his head is freaking ridiculously huge! That damn thing is the biggest "1/6" scale head I've ever seen, it has to be 1:5.5 scale. Too Bad really because I thought the likeness is great. :rolleyes:
But large head size isn't detouring me from collecting the whole series, lack of money will.

I'm not bothered by Xander's large head. The likeness is excellent, and for me, it makes up for the size of the head. The rest of the heads in the line are, for me, in good proportion. It's the likeness the thing that I'm preoccupied of the most. And as for that, Cordy and Xander are excellent.

I'd actually like to see ALL the Buffy characters done in their OMWF outfits. It would get us another Spike, a new Willow, a new Buffy, and we'd get Tara and Anya. Plus.. Sweet. And they could do Sweet in two flavors, red or blue. That's the Buffy episode that got me hooked and it's just amazing. Actually... Im off to make a thread about OMWF figures. Lets make ourselves known that we want more Buffy !

olvidadero said:
What's wrong with Lorne?

I don't find anything wrong with Lorne. He looks like a good figure who'll probably turn out really well. I just decided that since I'm not happy with Cordelia and will not be displaying her, I won't be a completist on this line.

Back