Mummy PF SSE Limited to 50: SS Lottery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess my thoughts on this will be determined as to whether or not I get one.
:monkey1

I'm sure the flippers are already salivating in anticipation of being drawn. :monkey5

wofford29 said:
Lottery is a terrible idea for those that truly want this piece.

Sideshow there is no need to change the way you offer items!

I agree; I don't have an interest in this piece, but if I did, I'd rather take my chances ordering it the Priority Pre-Orders methods than a "lottery". If I had made a commitment to collecting the 1/4 SSE Uni-Mon PFs, I'd be pretty displeased and concerned.

In my opinion, first opportunity should be given to those such as myself that has bought the regular version. At least that increases the odds that it actually goes to someone that likes the character/figure.

Gee, I have to say I'm feeling let down by this one... I was really looking forward to an SSE that was in stock for awhile like the others so that I had time to see what else is coming out. Not to mention just after Christmas isn't the best time to fork out that much money.

As for the lottery part itself, I think it sounds good in theory, but I think they're better off sticking with the first come first serve approach. I know it makes it tough for people who can't sit next to the computer, but I don't know if the odds of getting one are much better this way. It certainly seems like it would open the door for alot more people who only want to sell it.

Fritz said:
In my opinion, first opportunity should be given to those such as myself that has bought the regular version. At least that increases the odds that it actually goes to someone that likes the character/figure.
totally disagree. I dont collect the colored versions, only the SSE line.
Its already bad enough that when the new ones are revealed the SSE only people have to wait on the SSE while the new colored one ships.

That would also eliminate a wider range of people being able to have any PF Mummy at all if they missed the color one. If anything people who already have the color version should let others get an SSE rather than hoard them all for themselves.

TBH there is no fair way to distribute these.

Maybe an idea would be to make the super limited editions (less than 100) only available to purchase with reward points meaning only loyal sideshow customers would get these & any potential flipper would avoid them as the money outlay to get the points required to purchase the items would be more than the flip price but true collectors collect anyway.
The rare item would not be gone within 1 minute as it takes time to accrue the points

occulum said:
totally disagree. I dont collect the colored versions, only the SSE line.
Its already bad enough that when the new ones are revealed the SSE only people have to wait on the SSE while the new colored one ships.

That would also eliminate a wider range of people being able to have any PF Mummy at all if they missed the color one. If anything people who already have the color version should let others get an SSE rather than hoard them all for themselves.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, I also agree with Fritz above. The reason being is because I know there are at least 50 people who collect both the colored as well as the sse. That's why I think those that ordered the colored should have first crack at them through a priority pre-order and then offer whats left to the general public.

This is what Aspen is doing with their Kiani Lava variant statue.

Your points occulum are valid and I don't disagree. I thought about that exact senario while I was typing my post as I'm predomanantly an SSE collector as well but there isn't a perfect system that will make everyone happy. I would add to my suggestion that people who have purchased the other SSE items from Sideshow also have first dibs or greater odds as well.

For example, the lottery can be open to everyone but people who have purchased the regular Mummy get x amount of points. People who have purchased other SSE figures get x amount of point for each one purchased. At least that increases the odds of getting one for people who actually want it. And that way, if you have collected all the SSE's you get the most points and greatest odds.

Fritz said:
And that way, if you have collected all the SSE's you get the most points and greatest odds.
based on that theory, I'll say that works for me :lol
UniversalMonsters.jpg

all in all, theres no full proof system Sideshow could come up with that will appease everybody. But they do need to come up with something and stick to it.
Wish they wouldnt have picked one of my most anticipated pieces to start experimenting :monkey4

I'll wait until I dont get one to throw a temper tantrum.

If this is the direction they wish to go then the window to submit your entry should be smaller. You want to open it up to more people? fine. But still put some responsibility in the hands of the collectors.

3 days? try 3 hours. That gives plenty of time to whoever has to get home from work, has computer problems to drive himself to the nearest internet cafe, etc.

I dont understand why they dont just use the All Inclusive system they did with Maul. Its the best solution by far IMO.

Open it for 48hrs. Close it. Manufacture that number. Its not that tough, and everybody had and equal chance.

occulum said:
I dont understand why they dont just use the All Inclusive system they did with Maul. Its the best solution by far IMO.

Open it for 48hrs. Close it. Manufacture that number. Its not that tough, and everybody had and equal chance.

I forgot about the inclusive stuff for Star Wars. That probably is the best way to handle it.

You would get an artificially high ES because everyone would want to get in on it and see later what the ES is.

It also would not be an instock item like this one is. Inclusive stuff only works on stuff that is not numbered and doesn't ship right away.

right. but thats what I mean doing.
for awhile I thought that SSEs had become an In-Stock item with each piece, but the SSE Drac Bust proved that to not be true.

Best solution IMO, is use the Inclusive Preorder system and charge to cancel Inclusive products. I think this would work across the board.

More like a "no cancellation/exchanges only" policy. If people are going to throw their name in the hat and speculate hoping for a low ES then let them be penalized if they really did not want the item.

Back