CM Vs. SS Terminator T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizerwannabe

An Evil Collector?
Reaction score
Gotta have one. Have a SS gift card that would make it 450.00 and the cinemaquette is 1500.00 Is it worth an extra grand? I know it is larger and a bit more accurate. I want the best, but have to be able to justify an extra grand in my mind. Not sure I can do that here. Any opinions?

They both have their advantages IMO. I do like how you can pose the SS version, even though it is quite a bit smaller. I dislike how the CM is posed, it looks too "runway endo" for my tastes - however the detail is certainly there.

Honestly though, I would probably wait and get the 1:2 scale coming from SS.

I used to own the SS version, but after the CM arrived, I sold the SS version. Here's some pics of the two together before I sold the "little guy."

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

You want the best?

Buy the CM!

I have owned both and the Sideshow version is ok but looks like a toy compared to the CM.

No joke.

ss6co0.jpg

The CM is amazing, but for $500 more you can get it at 1:2 scale with LEDs in teh base. :cool:

i have only seen pics of the CM's but they look amazing, which they should for the price. i wish their website posted better pics of their products..or more pics i should say. the T-850 looks beyond incredible and when they release the Indy i will get him...i'd love to get the others though...one day, one day.

although for the cost of the CM T-800 you could almost buy three of the SS pf's......

FelMarWETA said:
The 1:4 SS version is cool

The 1:3 CM version is cooler

The 1:2 SS version is even cooler

The 1:1 SS version is the coolest! :D

The 1:3 CM is the most accurate of the group, and that includes the 1:1 and the 1:2. The CM is the only one designed by Stan Winston Studios. They scanned every piece of Stan's endo to make the most accurate "mini" replica you can get.

DetroitSportsFan said:
The 1:3 CM is the most accurate of the group, and that includes the 1:1 and the 1:2. The CM is the only one designed by Stan Winston Studios. They scanned every piece of Stan's endo to make the most accurate "mini" replica you can get.

Exactly....bigger isn't always better (or more accurate in this case).

I don't like the 1:2 or even the 1:1 piece.

They are just lacking IMO.

If you have the money, get the CM....if not, the 1/4 is still pretty cool and as accurate as the 1:1 or 1:2.

i have the 1:1 but as much as i love that one i do prefer the CM version. now if that was in a lifesize scale.. that would be the ultimate!

KAOSINLA said:
Exactly....bigger isn't always better (or more accurate in this case).

yea..

I guess the list I generated is based more on size and not exactly accuracy.
The CM does have a different look to it...but for me, I slightly prefer size over accuracy.

P1X4R said:
i have the 1:1 but as much as i love that one i do prefer the CM version. now if that was in a lifesize scale.. that would be the ultimate!

Now this was a very fair message. 1:1 is way to big for my house and CM is too expensive for me as I am not collecting terminator line. I believe optimum choice for collectors like me would be 1/4 SS

Back