How many came to SS for Star Wars and ended up addicted to SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockabilly

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know I did.

My first SS figures were Luke and Anakin, got 'em off eBay and I've been hooked ever since. I've stopped collecting nearly everything else. No more Marvel Legends, no more DC Superheroes, it's all SS now. I recently caved and bought a couple of the new vs. packs from Marvel Legends, and I was so underwhelmed when I opened them, there's just nothing like opening a new SS figure.

Right now I've got Final Battle Scarface on the way, all the Terminator 12" figures on pre-order, also got the Dr. on pre-order, along with all the Star Wars exclusives. I've also picked up 4 Jason figures, Ash and Evil Ash, Dream Warriors Freddy, Subject 5, and regular Scarface from various places. And I'm on eBay nearly every weekend looking for deals...I'm completely hooked.

Who else was brought to SS by their Star Wars line and ended up getting sucked into others lines?

:maul

I went through a period like that but with Marvel. I came to SS because of the Sentinel Vs piece. I branched out into other product lines but it proved to be too much.

Now I am back to focusing mostly on Marvel. SW is a small part of my SS purchases.

Well, I came to SS because of the SSW LOTR Statues. When that line ended I thought my collecting days where done for the most part. Then they announced the SW lines followed by the LOTR lines. So those got me going again and I've gotten a few Marvel pieces so I'm right back to being deep in it.

I came for Highlander - saw the ad on a movie site I regular view (www.darkhorizons.com). Then I saw they did Bond and Buffy and got into those. Then Van Helsing. Then they announced Star Wars. Then LOTR. Then Terminator...........

Makes me wonder what else I'll be collecting by this time next year.

I came for the Twisted Rabbits Line then went to the LOTR, SW, Marvel,...and now mostly focus on Marvel.

8" Bride figure brought me to SSC... I then spent the next six years wishing they'd make SW. I've been hooked from the git-go.

LOTR brought me here. Have managed to not break down with the other SS lines, although I was really close to dipping into the Universal Horror line once SS & Weta's partnership ended.

Star Wars brought me to Sideshow, and now I'm hooked on the 1/6 scale articulated figure lines. However, due to budget limitations, I'm shut out of companies like Medicom and Hot Toys (with one exception):

This week has been a deluge of figures for me with bargains and gift cards bringing in a lot of pieces. Once my next two orders arrive tomorrow (hopefully), I'll have the following:

Hot Toys: Robocop
Sideshow: Luke Skywalker
Sideshow: Anakin Skywalker (Ex.)
Sideshow: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ex.)
Sideshow: Mace Windu
Sideshow: James Bond (Goldeneye)
Sideshow: Alec Trevelyan (Goldeneye)
Sideshow: Xenia Onatopp (Goldeneye)
Sideshow: Connor MacLeod
Sideshow: Duncan MacLeod (IN TRANSIT)
Sideshow: Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger (Ex.)
Sideshow: Jason Voorhees "FvJ" (IN TRANSIT)

And after the holidays, Razor's Edge should be sending out my regular edition Darth Maul!!

I wasn't even collecting expensive pieces and I was buying small hasbro figures from time to time only. Actually when I saw wolverine vs sabertooth piece at 250 $ I was thinking who would pay so much money to a statue.

Everything changed when I first saw SS Iron Man comiquette prototype. Interest picked up and I ordered the exclusive, then get on the wait list of Wolverine vs sabertooth exclusive and it get converted and SS sent me # 8 of 300. Needless to say, after seeing wolverine vs sabertooth (my first SS piece) I understand that I will be collecting SS for long years.

Once I was saying 250 $ is way too much for a statue, but the highest shipment I paid to Fedex is 240 $ now and the bar continues to rise :eek:

but without any complaints :maul

My first figure was the original 12" Frankenstein's Monster figure. I believe I got it at Toys R Us of all places for $30. Been collecting Sideshow ever since, so I'm a Sideshow Vet.

Count me in here as well. I got into Sideshow with the Luke and then as time went on I got into other items like the Premium Format. Then a buddy of mine sent me a Lurtz as a Birthday Gift and I was hooked, since then I picked up a Morgul Lord Helmet, Jason and Freddy 12", the Dr. 12", have several others on pre-order and I can't stop :)

21061.jpg

The rest is history.

I don't actually like any of the products Sideshow produce. I simply keep collecting their products because of their beautiful, intelligent, wonderfully dressed, great smelling goddesses with awesome shoes that are to die for. Especially the ones that are in charge of contests! :monkey3

My first SS Figure's were Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu, got both of em' in a trade. Pretty soon after I got addicted and bought Anakin, then Obi-Wan, then Luke and Maul. I pretty much base my buying them on how interesting and cool they are. I know I'll be passing on Jabba, Bib and maybe Leia, but I'll sure as hell find some way to get Ex Plo and Asajj.:D

Back