Product Enterprise Hammer Horror 12" Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I have it. Very fine, though posed next to a Sideshow he'll look a little short.

Apparently there was a rights glitch -- PE got the character rights from Hammer but found out very late that they needed a separate approval from Lee himself. Though he isn't crazy about Dracula stuff (he has indicated in interviews that he regards the entire Dracula adventure as an unfulfilled effort that was never all he would have liked it to be), Mr. Lee apparently said, oh well, if you've already made the damn things fine this once but that's all. So we probably won't ever see a Hammer Dracula again.

Based on this information, I actually bought a second one to put away for later -- and generally I do not "speculate" for resale profit. I am surprised these haven't sold out.

Finally, it's a completely different take, but here's my Les Walker conversion of Sideshow Scaramanga to Hammer Dracula. It's one of the first Les did for me, and when I unveiled it here the general reaction was a preference for the full-fanged PE version. Personally, I don't think you can ever have too many Lee Dracula figs:

Untitled-17.jpg

The PE Lee Dracula is a magnificent figure and the likeness is uncanny. No way SS could top this sculpt........................Larry

Been around for a while now,and it is a great likeness!.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
139795984.jpg

Thanks to all for the comments and pics! I had no idea this figure had been out for so long. I just recently stumbled across it. I broke down and ordered one. Can't wait to get him. :)

I snagged two of these figures when they came out. I am a huge fan of the Horror of Dracula, so it was kind of a no-brainer for me. My only complaint is that they didn't produce a Van Helsing/Peter Cushing to go with Drac.

You won't regret buying one. It's well worth the price.

choopie said:
Thanks to all for the comments and pics! I had no idea this figure had been out for so long. I just recently stumbled across it. I broke down and ordered one. Can't wait to get him. :)

You won't be dissapointed, my only complaints are a bit short and a cut neck instead of ball jointed. Aside from that he's a great figure and probably (like Gruff) said the only offical 1/6 we'll ever see.

I think he was originally supposed to have a talking feature, but that got scrapped before production. Although the base still has a button and little battery component.

Be thankful that it was made at all. Its easy to be spoiled in this day and age of instant marketability. This film has been around for nearly half a century and is only now getting the proper treatment it deserves. The figure is exquisite as it is. Its certainly better than half of the garage kits out there.

I, too, have this figure, and was dismayed by his shortness. I seem to be one of the few who did something about it. Specifically, I swapped his body for(drum-roll please) a Sideshow! The PE head, hands and feet were surgically transplanted onto the SST body(David St. Hubbins, if I remember correctly)while the St. Hubbins head(minus the hair on the PE body became the basis for my custom Darth Maul. The clothes didn't even need altering, which I found just a little scary, though not so much that I wasn't grateful(I don't sew)...PS

I got Dracula in the mail and he's a nice-looking figure. A solid figure with a good costume and a great likeness. The height doesn't bother me as I don't have a 12" Sideshow figure to compare him with. He's only my second 12" figure aside from my Medicom Stormtrooper. He was definitely a good purchase. :)

Just got this figure and its amazing..I love it. I'm adding it to my 1/6 vampire collection that includes the Sideshow Vampyre, Bela, BTVS Spike, Master and MS DS Barnabas Collins..

Congratulations dragonsleeper, glad you could get one, welcome to the party. He's a beaut.

I bought one of these a while back too, and liked it a great deal. The height is off putting, but a small price to pay for an otherwise great figure.

I'd never thought of swapping it onto a Sideshow body. I'll have to look into that.

Don't know if the clothes would still fit as nicely on a Sideshow body... but maybe on a HT. Just got to make sure whatever modifications you make you can still use his hands; really great sculpts.

Back