How about a SS container to store 12" SW stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
Lightsabers, hands, etc. Hey SS, please produce something to meet this HUGE need! As SS produces even more of these it would be great to have something to store this stuff in that is attractive and maybe create something that is character specific so their stuff can be stored in it and we can tell which character's items are in it.

What does everyone store this stuff in?

Personally I think I am going to get a small platic-type container for each one.

Darklord Dave said:
I keep the boxes and spare parts stay with their original box.

Same here. And some of the spare SW hands have even found their way onto other Sideshow figures that come with pale or discolored hands (Goldeneye Bond, Freddy/Robert Englund, etc.)

All my extras are in zip lock baggies... that way they are easy to get to and I don't have to open the boxes up again.

Like they majority I keep most in the boxes they came in. However, you could probably find something at Walmart. They have tons of bins and other plastic containers with small drawers. These would probably be perfect for all of you accessories.

I keep spare parts in their original boxes as well but if you're looking to save space a tackle box from anywhere that sell fishing equipment usually works for a few friends of mine who also collect 12"...

Of the ones i have, here's what i do. Regular jedi (anakin and obi wan) are displayed with their cloaks on, and lit sabers, so their little doodads (holo pad, breathers etc) are put into small square plastic stackables that i got from wal mart. These are in turn put inside of a rectangular box with sorted slots, again from wal mart. I cut away one divider in the slots, to make a longer slot to store anakins robotic arm, his unignited saber, and his saber grip left hand. In another slot i put obi wans unignited saber, and his saber grip right and force wield left hands. I display the boxes with behind the figures, but in the event i want to do anything that involves acessories i didnt want to have to keep taking the boxes down and opening them up putting more wear on them than was nessecary so this is the solution i stick to.

Maul however is a different story because of his sabers and saber hilts being so large, they dont fit in the sorted box even if i cut out all the dividers along one side to make one long trough for them to sit in which i dont wanna do. SO his extras are kept in the box, plus i dont use his cloak so it stays in there too.

The best choice is a mix, if you have enough figures find some divided bins if they have big accessories get some divided drawers.

I usually keep all my extras in plastic small parts boxes, but I have so many accessories from military figures that most of the SW stuff is in a hefty storage bag (along with their robes).
I find the best place to find suitable boxes is at the Joann Crafts store.

It's just a pain to reach into the original boxes every time I wanna swap something. It'd be nice to have a box to put em all in that looks nice. The double maul saber is way too huge for a ziplock bag...

I also use a small plastic tackle box .. not the multi-level ones, but just the single-layer simple ones that have adjustable dividers inside( Wal-Mart has them for like $6). Works like a charm, and since it is clear you can see everything that is inside. My kids use a few of them for Ninja Turtle parts and Star Wars guns/etc.

ZombieReign said:
I also use a small plastic tackle box .. not the multi-level ones, but just the single-layer simple ones that have adjustable dividers inside( Wal-Mart has them for like $6). Works like a charm, and since it is clear you can see everything that is inside. My kids use a few of them for Ninja Turtle parts and Star Wars guns/etc.
That's the ones I buy from Joann Crafts since my Walmart doesn't carry them anymore.
Just to give those that are looking for them an idea, These are identical to the ones I use. They're the $9.39 large box sized containers that have four compartments that run the length of the box, they should hold Darth Maul's double Lightsaber without problem and have dividers that you can use to store smaller items:
https://www.dickblick.com/zz629/07/

I keep them in the Original boxes, but I find that I wont change the figures pose or accessories that way. If there were out I might change them a bit more, but they have to be in a safe place because my cats will run off them them all.

I keep mine in the tin that Best Buy sold with the OT re-re-release. Perfect place for everything except Darth Maul's lightsaber.

For small stuff (hands, saber hilts) that either won't fit in belt pouches or look good (like a Jedi holding a lit lightsaber...with his unlit hilt on his belt), I stuff it all into the cloak hoods. The rest of it goes back into the box.

It actually works well for hoods that are up. Unlike the Jedi, I thought Maul would look better with his hood up but it was too "poofy". Before trying a water treatment, I realized I'd forgotten to put his binoculars back in the box. I stuffed it into the hood and it "pulled" it down enough to look good over his head.

Back