The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I always wanted to see the original but never got around to it. I heard really good things though. Am more interested in tracking that down than a remake though.

This sounds like a follow up, it says 65 years after the original murder spree, so rather than a remake it actually sounds like a sequel with the same name.

Yea, it's a sequel. The original was okay by 70's standards, but even then wasn't anything to write home about. Whether this is great or terrible will end up having nothing to do with the original film, since the basic storyline is pretty standard stuff.

Ah. I've never seen the original but I've heard of it. There was talk that Friday the 13th part II was heavily inspired, if not straight took ideas from it.

Look familiar? :lol

Ah. I've never seen the original but I've heard of it. There was talk that Friday the 13th part II was heavily inspired, if not straight took ideas from it.

Look familiar? :lol

It's a decent film, but yeah, the most interesting aspect of it is seeing the influence it had on F13th.

Just watched the original, it's streaming on Netflix.

Not bad for 70's. Made in the same vein as the awesome The Legend of Boggy Creek. The humor they put in it is pretty bad. Other than the look of the killer, I see no connection with Jason Voorhees.

I remember watching this movie when I was little. I'll have to check it out again seeing how its on Netflix. Trailer for the new one looks okay. Just have no idea what the hell the killer was saying in the beginning.

Back