laika: box trolls - stop motion movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavestuff

Super Freak
Reaction score
dudes that made coraline and paranorman are doing this

can't wait to see it

Been excited about this movie since it was announced, these guys are marvelous.

Paranorman instantly became one of my favorite stop motion movies.

watched this movie a couple days ago, had a blast watching this one.

the evil guys is amazing, takes about 15 mins for the movie to pick up but once it gets going it goes real well.

I quite enjoyed the panel for this at SDCC. I may have to go see this when it opens.

yeah i was scratching my head about that very thing through the whole movie but once i got into it i just enjoyed it for the look and quirky story

working at laika or aardman would be a dream come true to any collector methinks, or at least to me it would

boxtrolls+stopmotion+animation+exhibit.jpg

boxtrolls+stopmotion+figures+exhibit.jpg

boxtrolls+snatcher+stopmotion+figures.jpg

boxtrolls+stopmotion+snatcher+robot+exhibit.jpg

archibald+snatcher+boxtrolls.jpg

boxtrolls+stopmotion+figure+exhibit.jpg

the-boxtrolls-michael-hollenbeck.jpg

Boxtrolls-092.jpg

Boxtrolls-081.jpg

and this guy here, he's my favorite villain in an animated movie thus far

l.jpg

snatcher.jpg

My Daughter wants to see this, so I'll be taking her Sunday.

Love Stop-Motion and enjoyed Paranorman more than my little girl did, so looking forward to this and Book of Life as well.

have not seen mary & max but ill look for it, looks pretty fun

Besides the fact that it is claymation, it is a wonderful movie / experience. A meticulous work of art. Highly recommend.

I came to know about Adam Elliot's work after I watched M&M. If you like it, do see his Harvie Krumpet too, a 23 minute short.

I hope they will release figures from Boxtrolls, like Huckleberry's Paranorman stuff.

sweet man thanks for the suggestions i'll give them a watch.

you ever seen the angry kid shorts? they are pretty gnarly

Took my daughter on Sunday, she thought it was okay.

I have to agree with her, it was worth seeing, but it didnt captivate like Coraline and Paranorman. But, and a big but, it was absolutely beautiful and amazing to watch on an aesthetic level. Worth seeing just to make sure this art form never goes way.

Back