maul figure = shipping cost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scriff

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all,
Received my notification of maul being shipped, along with the invoice:

Sub Total: $54.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $53.49
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $108.48

The shipping is almost as much as the figure! This will make it about $145 Australian dollars - might be the dog house for me! :eek:

The piece seems to be worth it at least.

Scriff

scriff said:
Hi all,

------------

The shipping is almost as much as the figure! This will make it about $145 Australian dollars - might be the dog house for me! :eek:

Scriff

I got mine too - and when I checked the account I noticed that the probes were "processing". This peeves me as I have a standing note on my account that things are to be held if possible. So I'm going to cop about $US40 for the probe droids in freight on top of their cost.

This is why I cancelled the probe droids. If Sideshow refuses to ship them with Maul, then they shouldn't have allowed us to pre-order them together in the first place.

Well not to make light of the shipping costs in the US but they are very, very small when compared to shipping anywhere outside of the US. That is why I cancelled my order for Maul as well, it would have cost me close to 40 US dollars after shipping and brokerage fees as well. This looks to be a great figure but definitely not worth that price. I would cancel if I were you and try to get the regular edition locally and save all that money on shipping.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I wonder if we did a poll and asked if people would rather wait and have them both at the same time, or get Maul now.

I don't think you would have too many "wait" votes.

:maul

Dusty said that the "processing" notice for the probes was incorrect, so they're at least a month away. I believe SSC can only hold stuff for a couple of weeks to ship together anyway.

JustinLuck said:
This is why I cancelled the probe droids. If Sideshow refuses to ship them with Maul, then they shouldn't have allowed us to pre-order them together in the first place.

We pre-ordered them together not pre-ordered them to ship together. There was nothing said that they would so honestly there is no point to get mad about this. You pre-ordered two seperate items not a combined item.

Now, that sucks for those living outside the US. You poor souls really have a ****ty deal with the fact that these shipping companies charge SS or anyone so much to ship to you.

jlcmsu said:
We pre-ordered them together not pre-ordered them to ship together. There was nothing said that they would so honestly there is no point to get mad about this. You pre-ordered two seperate items not a combined item.

Now, that sucks for those living outside the US. You poor souls really have a ****ty deal with the fact that these shipping companies charge SS or anyone so much to ship to you.

They had the same time frame for shipping and went up for sale the same day,I know that I assumed they'd ship together. This was the first SW item that was like this (we've since had Crumb), and I guess we should realize that they are all independent. But I certainly wouldn't blame someone for thinking the Probe Droids would be with Maul.

Darklord Dave said:
... I believe SSC can only hold stuff for a couple of weeks to ship together anyway.
Yes, and perhaps they should really do something about that. Would be more customer friendly by any means. If they can't keep things longer than 2 weeks because their warehouses (US and UK) are overflowing, then they are constantly full because so many people order from them and SSC are making a lot of money. I bet it's enough cash to make a few investments, like larger warehouses.
In stead, we have to pay extra shipping costs which could easily be avoided.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, and perhaps they should really do something about that. Would be more customer friendly by any means. If they can't keep things longer than 2 weeks because their warehouses (US and UK) are overflowing, then they are constantly full because so many people order from them and SSC are making a lot of money. I bet it's enough cash to make a few investments, like larger warehouses.

Shouldn't their factory in China had in their contract the same delivery date ? then it wouldn't be a "SSC warehouse" issue but a production issue. Its an accessory kit and I don't think its unreasonable for customers to expect them at the same time. IMHO its kind of unprofessional for them to ship separately.

Darklord Dave said:
Dusty said that the "processing" notice for the probes was incorrect, so they're at least a month away. I believe SSC can only hold stuff for a couple of weeks to ship together anyway.

My account says "processing" but I never received a notice.... so I'm not sure where that leaves it.

They did get a new location and warehouse, it's a courtesy to hold the items and ship them together not a promise. They are estimated shipping dates, nothing was written in stone so I don’t' see why people are taking it as a fact when in reality it was not. I bet you would have a lot angry people who did not order the probe droid set if they held the Mauls back and only started shipping them once the probe sets had arrived at their warehouse. You can't please everyone I guess and that's the problem...

I think if they're gonna produce accessory packs for a specific character, and pre-order them at the same time, then they should ship them together. If there's one complaint I could level against SSC, it's their willy nilly attitude towards shipping. It seems like the factory runs the show here, not Sideshow.

Amir said:
They did get a new location and warehouse, it's a courtesy to hold the items and ship them together not a promise. They are estimated shipping dates, nothing was written in stone so I don’t' see why people are taking it as a fact when in reality it was not. I bet you would have a lot angry people who did not order the probe droid set if they held the Mauls back and only started shipping them once the probe sets had arrived at their warehouse. You can't please everyone I guess and that's the problem...

Yes, you've got a point there: you can't please everyone. Independent of the Maul/Sith Probedroids issue, the lack of a real combined shipping option is what really bugs me. It's a service I feel SSC should offer. That way, it's the customers decision whether they want to wait and save on shipping costs, or if they prefer to have the items asap in hand regardless the cost.
Sometimes SSC does combine orders for shipping, and sometimes they don't. Like you've said, it's a courtesy to hold the items and ship them together not a promise. But it would be more customer friendly to always offer that courtesy. It would be great if customers actually had the option to choose for combined shipping, in a reasonable time frame of course. Even if it's complicated, it could be done. Of course it is easier for SSC to keep things the way they are now. I think the rewards program was a great idea, but I would swap it for the possibility to stack orders any day.

Darth Loki said:
They had the same time frame for shipping and went up for sale the same day,I know that I assumed they'd ship together. This was the first SW item that was like this (we've since had Crumb), and I guess we should realize that they are all independent. But I certainly wouldn't blame someone for thinking the Probe Droids would be with Maul.

I know they did. I thought they probably would ship together. However, I also knew that there was a chance these being different items not packaged together there would be a chance they would ship seperately. I don't blame someone for thinking that they would ship at the same time but those said people need to understand that sometimes things just don't work out.

Alice Adrenochrome said:

Yeah, like it's so easy to just go buy a warehouse. :lol I bet they can go to the warehouse store and just buy one and get two on special. :rofl Besdies the fact they just moved into a bigger warehouse and building plus other things. I doubt they have money to just toss about.

2 weeks a long freaking time to keep something. Hoenstly that's more than fair and more than customer friendly. Unfortunately, I don't think it's nearly as unavoidable as you want to make it out to be.

LordAzrael said:
Shouldn't their factory in China had in their contract the same delivery date ? then it wouldn't be a "SSC warehouse" issue but a production issue. Its an accessory kit and I don't think its unreasonable for customers to expect them at the same time. IMHO its kind of unprofessional for them to ship separately.

I kind of doubt SS has a contract like that for each item. I'm sure there is a time frame of some kind but I'm not even sure on that. I mean Sauron took over a year to get from the time we ordered him during the SSW days. Production issues happen and those can slow things down. You know **** happens. I expected them at the same time but they didn't come. Would I have liked them at the same time? Sure, I would have. However, I didn't want to keep waiting on Maul just because of a delay in the droids.

As far as being unprofesional because they ship seperatley. That's a joke. Not a funny one either. :rolleyes:

Amir said:

Bingo!!!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, you've got a point there: you can't please everyone. Independent of the Maul/Sith Probedroids issue, the lack of a real combined shipping option is what really bugs me. It's a service I feel SSC should offer. That way, it's the customers decision whether they want to wait and save on shipping costs, or if they prefer to have the items asap in hand regardless the cost.
Sometimes SSC does combine orders for shipping, and sometimes they don't. Like you've said, it's a courtesy to hold the items and ship them together not a promise. But it would be more customer friendly to always offer that courtesy. It would be great if customers actually had the option to choose for combined shipping, in a reasonable time frame of course. Even if it's complicated, it could be done. Of course it is easier for SSC to keep things the way they are now. I think the rewards program was a great idea, but I would swap it for the possibility to stack orders any day.

They can only wait and hold 2 weeks. Again, that's a long time especially with all the items coming in. Outside of the whole build "another" bigger warehouse there isn't much SS can do. They are offering the best they can IMO. I think it's pretty rude honestly to say that they need to hold things more than 2 weeks. If everyone asked that things would never get out.

scriff said:
Hi all,

------------

Scriff

That stinks man,I dont think I could collect direct from SS if every fig was costing me over $100. And the conversion makes it $145!!! That crazy!

I pay between $7 and $9 for shipping.

I wish I paid 7-9 dollars, heck even 20 dollars would be fine , but 40 dollars shipping hurts, especially considering we live on the same continent, North America!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 but it still costs 4 times more to ship to us :banghead :monkey2 :confused: :( I would take a UN-insured, no tracking number, totally 100% my risk USPS delivery any day over FedEx or UPS. I would gladly sign some sort of waiver freeing SS of any liability if the package disappears or gets damaged.

That's wierd that it is $40 to Canada, I have shipped quite a few 12" figs there for about $20-25; and I am in So CA too. :confused:

Does that include your costs - i.e. VAT and import fees?

Back