The Droids

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
As far as main characters go, R2 and 3PO two most important characters that haven't been done in either format. I can understand how it may be difficult to do them in 12", but how about some love for the PF. These guys are easily my most anticipated PF right now (I'm assuming we'll get them as a two pack). Not everyone will be able to afford the life-size versions that are coming.

I'd also love to see some battle droids as well.

I'd love to see them in PF form as well. The Droids and Chewie pretty much wrap up the entire ANH group unless some want a Tarkin in there.

I am happy with my Hasbro Droids in 1/6 format so no need for SS to do them for a long time IMO. I don't really have any interest in battle droids.

I love the KOTO droids, but they are 1/7 and will look off next to all the other 1/6 figures. Plus I'd like to have them individualy in 12" so I can get two sets. I need one for the Jabba set up and one to be on their own.

I want to see SS take on the droids in 1/6 sooner rather than later. Both they and Chewie are figures Hasbro never got quite right and I would love to see them done well.

Threepio and Artoo are about the only characters who appeared in all six movies....

yeah......would love to see both of them together in PF!:monkey5

I can't wait for the droids in PF as well! I kind of expect them to be a two-pack but also wouldn't mind if they did them separatly (possibly with interconnecting bases.) Then the exclusive R2 could be a dirty version with alternate Dagobah base to go with Luke and Yoda.

I wonder if they will release a "naked" C3PO. He would look awsome in PF
C3PO.jpg

if Grievous cost nearly $500, just imagine how much these droids would cost :google...regardless I would like them to be made. I'm crazy for robots.

Yeah if they can pull off Grievous the droids are totally within their ability to do well, and once they get the 1/6 versions out they can repaint them for years as different R2 units and 3PO droids.

SSC already confirmed that they'll do C-3PO and R2-D2 in 12" formatting. It was in one of the early interviews, they stated the Star Wars line would be incomplete without them. The bad news is something will have to be completely done new to support these two characters which is probably why they haven't hit just yet. The good news is there are plenty similar looking droids to both to have them reuse the new "body" repeatedly.

I only ask for one thing, DO NOT VAC METAL THEM! Find a way to do C-3PO in the proper shiny gold without the vac and remember R2 did not have a chrome dome, but brushed silver. That's what's killing Hasbro's R2 figures from being good is the chrome domes.

When I saw this thread I got excited and thought their may have been some thing leaked about them.
I want the droids in both formats but I really want them in PF now. I hope the next two announcements are them and Chewie.

As for 12" I hope that they go and do ultimate editions of both when they do them. I wouldnt mind them being sold at the same time. Maybe they could announce both together and let us order both the same way we did for the endor troopers except make them and inclusive edition. I want R2 to include a bunch of gadgets and for 3PO well Im not sure what to include with him besides a commlink and few other little things.

For everyone waiting on R2 and 3PO in PF, why don't you check out the Attakus versions? They may be a bit smaller than the SSC PF scale you're used to, but that shouldn't be an issue, if you REALLY have love for those two droids. I have, and I can only say that I'm more that happy about the detail and the likeness of the Attakus versions. The only point of criticisms I might utter, is that 3PO isn't as shiny as he should be. But otherwise, they rock. Who knows, you might find the Attakus droids for the same $$ you presume the SSC versions will cost.
Personally, I can wait a loooong time for the Droids to be made by SSC in PF. I'm much more impatient for the 12" versions.

These two droids are a must-have in both formats. I haven't been biten by the PF bug yet but these may be the ones to draw me over.

A PF Chewie would do the same. Then I'd have to go scrounging for the PF "Scoundrel" as well... ;)

FlyAndFight said:
A PF Chewie would do the same. Then I'd have to go scrounging for the PF "Scoundrel" as well... ;)
Well when I got mine he was pretty cheap. The only problem is if you want the hero version he is expensive.

Great pic Wor-Gar. The Rebel ceremony is definitely a classic moment.

There's also Tatooine, the Tantive IV, and the ESB medical frigate:

desert.jpg

king-droids-poster.jpg

6.jpg

I wonder which setup SS will produce in Premium Format, or if they'll be separate releases.

I don't collect the 12", so I would love to see these in the PF first.

The droids and :chew are at the top of my short list.

Back