My Darth Maul review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Somehow I managed to forget to mention this last night, but I have my review up of the new Darth Maul. I've been anticipating a four star 12" Star Wars from Sideshow all year. And every time, I've been let down. Oh, there's been some close calls, but none of them so far have reached the kind of quality I'd been hoping for. Til now. Darth Maul is today's review, and he's a great example of just how good this line can be. He's not perfect, and I have a few of my usual nits to pick, but he's worth of a full score when you take the entire picture into account.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And last night started the People's Pick Awards for 2006. Here's your chance to pick your favorites - and least favorites - out of the thousands of products that hit last year. I've included plenty of choices to remind you of the product we've seen, but there's always the Other box in case I missed your favorite choice. And don't forget to pick which ones of the 8 available prizes you'd like to be in the running for! I'll be wrapping up the voting on at the end of the year (just a couple weeks now!), so get your vote in. One vote per email address, and I'll be watching those IP's too, to avoid anyone trying to slant the vote. Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Wow, the first 4 star SS SW 12"! Great review Mike. I think you hit on every major compliment and the few complaints that have been noted.

Darth Loki said:
Wow, the first 4 star SS SW 12"! Great review Mike. I think you hit on every major compliment and the few complaints that have been noted.

Agreed. The review is pretty spot on IMO.

Nice review Mike! Have to agree with virtually everything you said. Finished my own review last night and hope to have it posted by the end of the week.

:rock:rock:rock:rock
review_12maul_15.jpg

Glad to see Connor back in action!

Great review! Maul definitely tops my list of favorite SW figures.

Luke's monkey arms really stand out in this pic.

review_12maul_15.jpg

Batty said:

Yeah, it looks like Luke could smack Maul around pretty easily! Look at the size of that HAND!!!

Batty said:

review_12maul_15.jpg
For me it was the size of Luke's head.

I agree with everything in Michael's review except for the bit about the gloved hands... Mine are a pain in the butt to aim and shoot onto the pegs.. the pegs on my Maul's wrists move WAAAAAAY to easily... so um... yeah

As I said in the review, I was expecting a lot of trouble with the wrists, since the pegs and holes are pretty small, but they went on and off suprisingly well for me.

Great review as always. Sideshow really did great with this figure and I really hope its a sign of things to come... especially with each release getting more and more price :monkey4

Darth Sheba said:
What's with Connor MacLeod? :lol

Quite simply he rocks!!!
:rock :rock :rock :rock
review_12maul_15.jpg

Darth Sheba said:
What's with Connor MacLeod? :lol

I think we've been over that...

Unless you mean the loss of his right hand, and well, Cordelia saw to that after he went putting it places he shouldn't have :D

Great review. And a most deserved 4 stars! At long last. Perfect figure to end the year on. I think this is what we all hoped the SW license would be.

Michael Crawford said:
I think we've been over that...

Unless you mean the loss of his right hand, and well, Cordelia saw to that after he went putting it places he shouldn't have :D

I didn't realize he was missing a hand. :lol

Back