Tip for eBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manhunto

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The first time I met with such a thing on eBay.

I won the auction, paid for the item, then wrote to the seller that I made ​​the full payment and asked him about the approximate date of dispatch of the package.
I got a reply from him that there is no intention of sending me this subject. The money that I paid him will be returned to me.

Is such action is legal ?

Thank you all in advance for your response.

It's a legal action. If he didn't feel comfortable or had other reasons to why he shouldn't send you the item you won than it's fair. You get your money back and move on from there. Sounds like the same thing happening to you again... Hmm...

Seller told me that the auctioned price is too low and does not intend to pursue this.

So it is something else orr maybe not.

Well if it's that than he wanted it to be higher so that's why he cancelled your buy. He wants more money for the item.

Legal Action. :lol

Take your refund and move on to the next auction.

And what is your id, so I can block it.

My question is whether the completion of the auction the seller can withdraw. Such action seems to me to be illegal. What is the point of auction-style listing if the seller can withdraw from the price it does not fit?

well...neg feedback is The solution...maybe next time he will thinks more..
If I put an item on ebay I know my risk..

I was not aware a Seller could back out of a completed and paid for auction sale, just because they wanted more money for the item! :thud: .. as you say Manhunto, it makes auctions pretty pointless, if the Seller is able to do that.. but there is no point getting in a fight with the Seller.. make sure you get a prompt refund, leave negative feedback and keep looking.

It's against eBay policy, not to honor the auction.
Open a dispute - Item not received.
Don't agree if seller asks to cancel the transaction.
Wait till eBay closes the dispute, and leave negative feedback.

if he will get a refund he won't be able to open a dispute for an not received item..

Not much you can do unless you are close enough to the guy to file a legal case in his home county. Same thing happened to me a few months back, guy just came out and said it was too low and refunded me the payment. I threatened to get eBay involved and he agreed to sell it to me to avoid problems, but when I sent second payment I had to file a case to get my money back. eBay can't MAKE them sell it to you, negative feedback and report him to eBay over the phone.

time ago I sold a final fight game for sega saturn (title extremely rare) the value for this game is 100usd still now..
well a guy won the auction for 40usd..(shipped included in us) (I live in europe)
I sent to him the game because he wons the auction..
it was my mistake because I forgot to add a reserve price :slap

I won an auction for a eb bruce lee ETD version a new in boxe..
I won for 2usd not 2000 ...2usd

well the seller sent to me an invoice of 200usd for it (very good price at all) and ask to me to apologize him because he can't to ship the item at that price quite ridicolous
..but I refused and I gave to him a positive feedback due his honesty and fairness..

Reply from eBay:

If you are not able to resolve the issue, you may contact the seller and ask them to file a cancel transaction case and refund the payment. If they don't refund the payment, please file an item not received case which will help us in protecting your valuable money. Also, you can leave appropriate feedback. As you have purchased the item from Poland Site I suggest you to open a case from Poland Site.

It seems that eBay allows such action or can not do anything about it.

Reply from eBay:

If you are not able to resolve the issue, you may contact the seller and ask them to file a cancel transaction case and refund the payment. If they don't refund the payment, please file an item not received case which will help us in protecting your valuable money. Also, you can leave appropriate feedback. As you have purchased the item from Poland Site I suggest you to open a case from Poland Site.

I would go for the refund.. forcing a Seller to ship goods when they don't want to, is likely to end in trouble, which you do not want, especially if you are buying internationally.. eBay and PayPal will support your refund and leaving negative feedback, will warn other Buyers that the Seller may back out of sales, so they can avoid that Seller's auctions.

The first time I met with such a thing on eBay.

I won the auction, paid for the item, then wrote to the seller that I made ​​the full payment and asked him about the approximate date of dispatch of the package.
I got a reply from him that there is no intention of sending me this subject. The money that I paid him will be returned to me.

Is such action is legal ?

Thank you all in advance for your response.

Reply from eBay:

Are you actually trying to rewrite your issue with Shady to prove a point ?
.....or has the exact same thing happened to you in two different auction methods ?

I think you're only choice is to launch the biggest international legal case in history to adequately compensate you for your pain and suffering and loss of Star Wars toy enjoyment.

Or pick up the shattered pieces of your life and move on....

if he will get a refund he won't be able to open a dispute for an not received item..

That's happened to me before. Won the auction and paid, 2 weeks went by and the item still hadn't shipped. I contacted the seller asking him when it would ship and he refunded my money instead with no explanation. I filed a dispute with eBay for him not shipping me the item and they said that since he refunded my money there was no issue. I was pissed because I wanted the item and had no explanation for why I wasn't going to get it. Left him negative feedback because **** him.

Back